RS3 and Raven Eye?
14488 6 2022-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Hi, im looking to buy a Gimbal for my system camera and my little Zv-1. So my choice would be the new RS3 because its the newest technic. I am in particular interested in the active tracking feature. Do i need the Raven Eye modul for active tracking when i buy the new RS3 or is that already kind of build in ?

2022-6-15
Use props
kevinod
lvl.2

United States

I purchased the RS3 and rely on their statement on the product page (Hopefully DJI can confirm this) that the "DJI Ronin Image Transmitter", previously known as the "Ronin RavenEye Image Transmitter",  allows live camera view and enables ActiveTrack.  It's currently out of stock but you can sign-up for product notification.  It's retailed for $159.
2022-6-17
Use props
mr. marco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3038 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Any news on how the RS3 works with the raven eye? Is there a similar mode to do active track with smartphone only?
2022-7-28
Use props
XinRain
lvl.4
Belgium

Hello there,

The active track can be used through a smartphone aswell, but your phone needs to sit on top of your camera to function properly. It can also get in your way sometimes specially trying to balance your gimbal + don't even try to bother going underslug mode your gimbal is probably going to hit your Smartphone.

By having the Raveneye Transmitter on the other hand though, you don't need the phone to be attached since your camera itself is now the eyes for the active track.
When i first got the Raveneye I was really sceptic at first with the wifi connection and how well it will connect or if there is going to be any delay. But I can assure you, it's none of that.
The only one thing you have to make sure when you have it, is to have the latest Dji Ronin app version updated. Cause else it's gonna look choppy. I heard about this and have also expierenced it. The only fix is to have the latest Dji Ronin App. + Maybe small notice though but usually you would put the Raveneye Transmitter on top of your camera or underneath the platemounter. The hdmi cable is really short.. I had to buy a new cable that is way longer, If you're also planning to put your Raveneye Transmitter somewhere else.+ Raveneye Transmitter batterylife is around ± 3,5 hours and you can still charge while using it for a longer battery life!

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
XinRain
2022-7-29
Use props
fansa3414828
New
Flight distance : 37185 ft
Indonesia

XinRain Posted at 7-29 11:01
Hello there,

The active track can be used through a smartphone aswell, but your phone needs to sit on top of your camera to function properly. It can also get in your way sometimes specially trying to balance your gimbal + don't even try to bother going underslug mode your gimbal is probably going to hit your Smartphone.

Hi, i just bought the RS3 and cant find any active track option in the app like RSC.. And i cant use the active track with the phone
2022-9-17
Use props
Danielsteel
New

Germany

fansa3414828 Posted at 2022-9-17 21:32
Hi, i just bought the RS3 and cant find any active track option in the app like RSC.. And i cant use the active track with the phone

Hi,

Go into the app / go to status / scroll to bottom and click restore gimbal set up. It should solve the issue.
here is a video according to setup step by step : https://youtu.be/QuAIvrPLjEE
2023-3-12
Use props
LT56-DV
lvl.2
Flight distance : 594521 ft
Australia

XinRain Posted at 2022-7-29 11:01
Hello there,

The active track can be used through a smartphone aswell, but your phone needs to sit on top of your camera to function properly. It can also get in your way sometimes specially trying to balance your gimbal + don't even try to bother going underslug mode your gimbal is probably going to hit your Smartphone.

How exactly? RS3 - No RavenEye here, Sony AR7 III

I don't see how that's possible, I have the phone very close on a sidearm to the DJI RS3 not able to see anything ActiveTrack related even after resetting settings.
2023-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules