DJI Pocket not activated. (screen blocked)
6243 9 2022-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kells.green
New
Venezuela

Hello!!
I'm having problems trying to connect my osmo pocket 2 to my Android (Redmi Note 9).
I had to download the older version of the app v.1.3.4 since the newer version is not compatible with my phone.

But now, I can open the app on my phone but it never connects to the Osmo Pocket 2.
It says that when I connect the Pocket 2 to my phone with the USB C adapter the app should pop up immediately, but it never does.
If I click the camera icon on the app and try to do it wirelessly it says there's no Osmo available.

So now I have the Pocket 2 with a locked screen that says
''DJI Pocket not activated. Connect to phone and activate with DJI Mimo''. I can't activate it. can't change the screen. I can't use the camera. I can't do anything.
Basically, I have a brand new device that I can't not use because I am unable to activate it.
500$ PAPER WEIGHT
Is there any solution?? Is the app that is not compatible with the Pocket 2?
Maybe is that because I see Osmo Pocket, Osmo Action and Osmo Mobile 3, but not Osmo Pocket 2.
Could someone provide a link to the correct app?
But as I mentioned before, the lastest version of the app doesn't work on my android.

Please don't say 'connect your phone to the device and it should activate' because it wont!

I don't understand why only 5 chances to connect it, it's very frustrating.
I'm sorry if I sound negative but we bought something wanting to use it and now it's totally worthless.

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-15 at 3.42.20 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-06-15 at 3.35.19 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-06-15 at 3.35.06 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-06-15 at 3.35.02 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2022-06-15 at 3.39.04 PM.jpeg

2022-6-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Hello and sorry to hear about your problem.

I had this very same issue when I first got the Pocket 2. For me, it turned out my phone couldn't download and install new enought version of the Mimo app. Not all Mimo app versions support the Pocket 2.

For me this was the biggest gripe with the Pocket 2, and therefore I ended up opening new threads on the forums that feature troubleshooting tips for connection and activation problems, and also lists for compatibility-tested models, even featuring those not mentioned on the official DJI list. Maybe something on those lists could help you? While there have been no reports of Redmi Note 9 working or not working, trying those troubleshooting tips could help in determining and possibly solving the issue. You can see the list for compatible and non-compatible phones at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=235190

If it turns out your phone cannot be used for activation, but you do have a compatible tablet, you could try to use that for activation. See https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=237518 for the troubleshooting tips and list of compatible and non-compatible tablets.

Also, if you do test devices not mentioned on the lists, you can report your results on the same threads. Each report will help other members to find a appropriate device for activating and using their Pocket 2's.

If all else fails, you could possibly borrow a compatible device from somebody else and use that for activation. Once activated, the Pocket 2 can be used completely independently without a phone. Also, the activation needs to be done only once - it is not needed separately for each device you use the Pocket 2 with.

Thanks in advance for reporting your results, and good luck in troubleshooting! I really hope you get your problem solved, the Pocket 2 is not a bad little camera once you get over with the activation process (which admittedly is a pain in the neck IMHO).
2022-6-15
Use props
kells.green
New
Venezuela

HGDC84 Posted at 6-15 12:28
Hello and sorry to hear about your problem.

I had this very same issue when I first got the Pocket 2. For me, it turned out my phone couldn't download and install new enought version of the Mimo app. Not all Mimo app versions support the Pocket 2.

Thanks for answering. I checked those threads and they were very helpful.

I finally managed to do it with a different phone, a friend's phone.
Xiaomi Poco X3 worked smoothly. I could install the app (v1.7.16) and activate the Pocket 2 easily. Since it never worked with my Redmi Note 9.

But it's kinda annoying that I can't use my phone to record with this camera. I need a new phone if I want to!
2022-6-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

kells.green Posted at 6-15 13:07
Thanks for answering. I checked those threads and they were very helpful.

I finally managed to do it with a different phone, a friend's phone.

Glad to hear you got help from those.

Agree with the annoyance of needing to change the phone. Not every one of us can do that easily.

But glad you can actually use the camera now. Happy filming!
2022-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kells.green. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try using a different recommended mobile device on your DJI Pocket 2 to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the mobile device ( Redmi Note 9 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mino application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not recommended for the DJI camera and with the DJI application. DJI suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Redmi Note 9 will be able to work on the DJI Pocket 2 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the DJI Camera and with the DJI Mimo application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Pocket 2. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mimo application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo ) . Thank you.

2022-6-15
Use props
Dan.
lvl.1

United States

What a bogus piece of useless junk and a waste of money! I have a Galaxy S21, I don't have another phone. Now I'm stuck with a very expensive paper weight. Thanks a lot DJI!   
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Dan. Posted at 9-24 15:45
What a bogus piece of useless junk and a waste of money! I have a Galaxy S21, I don't have another phone. Now I'm stuck with a very expensive paper weight. Thanks a lot DJI!

Hi, Dan.. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. May we please know what error are you getting when trying to install the Mimo App?  Thank you very much.
2023-10-9
Use props
jipsco
New

United States

So if I have a Google Pixel 7 Pro then basically I just wasted $300 ? Is that correct?
2-4 04:24
Use props
jipsco
New

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-10-9 02:49
Hi, Dan.. Generally, devices not listed as supported mobile devices can also be used if their system versions are the same or later than those published on the DJI official website (Beta system versions may not be compatible), but their stabilization has not yet been verified. May we please know what error are you getting when trying to install the Mimo App?  Thank you very much.

Can you share a link to exactly where this Mimo App is? if there is such a thing.
2-4 04:26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jipsco Posted at 2-4 04:26
Can you share a link to exactly where this Mimo App is? if there is such a thing.

Hello there, currently, the official channel to download the DJI app is from our website, you can download the DJI Mimo here: https://www.dji.com/no/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
Thank you for your attention.
2-4 06:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules