2032 23 2022-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Can you tell which is which, and which one do you prefer. Last two are the same.
5DD40044-D741-40B4-B604-8339E633D5AD.jpeg

D7770AA3-BB3E-467F-AC20-A74396EE1FED.jpeg
8B3D6B2E-EF40-456F-ABCB-AC79D5F01E6C.jpeg
2022-6-15
Use props
MS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

I'd say 2&3 are HDR, as there seems more details in the cloud highlights.
2022-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

MS Posted at 6-15 13:30
I'd say 2&3 are HDR, as there seems more details in the cloud highlights.

My opinion is the highlights show up more in first photo particularly the cloud reflection it less fused with more detail. .
2022-6-15
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’d say the last two are HDR but I do think that whatever format you used the latter one is the best.
2022-6-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-15 13:59
I’d say the last two are HDR but I do think that whatever format you used the latter one is the best.

The last two are HDR.
2022-6-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I prefer number 1 as its a bit tamer on the colours of the fields and more definition of the darker clouds. but that's just me, all subjective is suppose.. and you're up late and I'm up early, going back to bed soon lol
2022-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there hallmark007. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting photos that you have captured. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2022-6-15
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I prefer the first one also, but then I tend to bring saturation down in my images anyway regardless of camera.
2022-6-15
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I want the clouds of the first one and foreground of the second easy enough to do in post. This is one of the great things today you can take your image in "bits" and combine to make perfect. Really nice shot.
2022-6-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I prefer #2.   I like to see the details a bit lighter like that.
2022-6-15
Use props
De Fender
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141 ft
Germany

there is more details in the shadows in 2 and 3
in photo 1 the details in the shadows are going down south (washed/out not visible) although the highlights are a different story
I am not sure if 2 and 3 are HDR or only a shift of the available dynamic range to make more details visible in the shadows.
I like 2-3 more.

However I am generally not happy with the DR the sensor of the Mini 3 provides - I see no big advantage over the Mini 2 despite the lager sensor and the bigger aperture.
2022-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

De Fender Posted at 6-16 00:32
there is more details in the shadows in 2 and 3
in photo 1 the details in the shadows are going down south (washed/out not visible) although the highlights are a different story
I am not sure if 2 and 3 are HDR or only a shift of the available dynamic range to make more details visible in the shadows.

Its funny, actually the first one has a lot more detail when you see the full size photo, it does not looked soft or washed out, but the downsizing here on the forum makes a nonsense out of it. The hdr didn’t seem to suffer quite as bad.
I have to say both in video and Photo I’m finding the DR a lot better than the Mini 2 and also the air 2, not the air 2 s.
2022-6-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really like and prefer the 1st shot hallmark.  
2022-6-16
Use props
De Fender
lvl.2
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 6-16 01:42
Its funny, actually the first one has a lot more detail when you see the full size photo, it does not looked soft or washed out, but the downsizing here on the forum makes a nonsense out of it. The hdr didn’t seem to suffer quite as bad.
I have to say both in video and Photo I’m finding the DR a lot better than the Mini 2 and also the air 2, not the air 2 s.

mmh still see it different than you - if I look at the area with the trees there is almost no information/detail  with the trees in #1 but plenty in #2 and 3 but in those pictures the sky is suffering or the shot is taken at slightly different times and light situations. Still it looks like a different bracketing and not like HDR to me
2022-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

De Fender Posted at 6-17 12:57
mmh still see it different than you - if I look at the area with the trees there is almost no information/detail  with the trees in #1 but plenty in #2 and 3 but in those pictures the sky is suffering or the shot is taken at slightly different times and light situations. Still it looks like a different bracketing and not like HDR to me

The shots were taken in seconds of one another. But for me the first one suffered a lot more from downsizing as I look at the full detail photos the detail in 1 including the trees you mention but in particular the buildings is a lot sharper. Checking both the first had very little shadow editing . I would be interested to see others do similar tests to see if they think 48mp has more or less sharpness and detail than 12mp or 12mp HDR.
2022-6-17
Use props
De Fender
lvl.2
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 13:13
The shots were taken in seconds of one another. But for me the first one suffered a lot more from downsizing as I look at the full detail photos the detail in 1 including the trees you mention but in particular the buildings is a lot sharper. Checking both the first had very little shadow editing . I would be interested to see others do similar tests to see if they think 48mp has more or less sharpness and detail than 12mp or 12mp HDR.

my conclusion out of those pictures is: 48mp doesnt make much of a difference and HDR doesnt make much of a difference (what I am trying to say is I expect more from both)
but people have different perceptions and priorities
2022-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

De Fender Posted at 6-17 13:33
my conclusion out of those pictures is: 48mp doesnt make much of a difference and HDR doesnt make much of a difference (what I am trying to say is I expect more from both)
but people have different perceptions and priorities

Maybe post those that you are talking about to compare.
2022-6-17
Use props
De Fender
lvl.2
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 6-17 13:37
Maybe post those that you are talking about to compare.

I talked about yours only - I see no value in an 48MP picture if the DR suffers to a degree that the details in the shadows get lost - speaking of picture 1
Picture 2 and 3 look more even and balanced to me even if they have a tiny trade off in sharpness

all are nice pictures by the way
2022-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

De Fender Posted at 6-17 13:50
I talked about yours only - I see no value in an 48MP picture if the DR suffers to a degree that the details in the shadows get lost - speaking of picture 1
Picture 2 and 3 look more even and balanced to me even if they have a tiny trade off in sharpness

2/3 are the same phtoo,
1 with shadows edited.

2022-6-17
Use props
De Fender
lvl.2
Germany

yes now the shadows are much better but I thought the original idea was to have an understanding which setting (48MP vs 12MP HDR) gives the best outcome out of the box. If one is postprocessed and the others not it is not an apples to apples comparison. That only works with changing one variable at the time.

I still like the image quality of 2 and 3 more even with the last edit
2022-6-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

De Fender Posted at 6-18 04:10
yes now the shadows are much better but I thought the original idea was to have an understanding which setting (48MP vs 12MP HDR) gives the best outcome out of the box. If one is postprocessed and the others not it is not an apples to apples comparison. That only works with changing one variable at the time.

I still like the image quality of 2 and 3 more even with the last edit

If all photos were judged straight out of the box then no one would show Raw photos as jpegs always look much better out of the Box.
2022-6-18
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 6-16 01:42

Agree can't really post any meaningful images here as DJI compression algorithm ruins most finer image detail. Better off with Google Drive or Onedrive links
It goes even further than that different programs show image files differently and depending on how monitors are set up viewers may see the image in a different way. I have about 5 softwares I normally use to edit/view and they all need a different monitor setting to show the attached file correctly with the second darker and lighter boxes just showing. There are 4 boxes in total designed to just reveal darkest and lightest tone.  Link to actual file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oCuqf9DpWBPLoLdP2jpkfz08Mw6Z24y_/view?usp=sharing
limits.jpg
2022-6-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nr 2 is my fav.
2022-6-24
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

HDR is more suited to days where there is significant differences in exposure such as bright sunny days. Using HDR in cloudy days is pointless as the differences between highlights and shadows is very small.

A better approach would have been taking this on a bright sunny day with patchy cloud.

Nice photo though.
2022-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules