Default settings when booting up is always on "normal" mode
2051 10 2022-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse21fa0ba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68474 ft
Philippines

Whenever I start my drone it the mode is always set to "normal" even if I have my controller on "cine" mode, I know this because the movement are too aggressive, I set it to normal and back to cine then the movement angle is not aggressive anymore, I want it to set to Cine mode all the time without switching to normal and back to cine mode, Thanks!

2022-6-15
Use props
CallMeAlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27434 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It always starts up in normal mode, regardless of the switch setting.  If you start up with the switch in cine mode you need to move it to normal then back to cine.  This can't be defaulted.
2022-6-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference the DJI Mini 2 will take off in Normal Mode regardless of the switch position ( if the remote is on Cine or Sports mode ) at takeoff, which is normal and how DJI has programmed its DJI Drones for additional safety feature and you can change to your desired mode after launching. Thank you.
2022-6-15
Use props
fanse21fa0ba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68474 ft
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-15 23:24
Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference the DJI Mini 2 will take off in Normal Mode regardless of the switch position ( if the remote is on Cine or Sports mode ) at takeoff, which is normal and how DJI has programmed its DJI Drones for additional safety feature and you can change to your desired mode after launching. Thank you.

Alright, thank you for the information
2022-6-15
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-15 23:24
Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference the DJI Mini 2 will take off in Normal Mode regardless of the switch position ( if the remote is on Cine or Sports mode ) at takeoff, which is normal and how DJI has programmed its DJI Drones for additional safety feature and you can change to your desired mode after launching. Thank you.

It would be more sensible if the actual flight mode was displayed in the DJI Fly app. Currently the app shows the switch position.

So:
- Switch in Cine mode
- Start aircraft
- Fly app indicates Cine mode
- Aircraft is actually in Normal mode.

I understand the procedure to switch the mode on the controller and that aircraft always starts in Normal mode, but why does the app display the switch position and not the actual mode of the aircraft?
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_zpz3Ur6SWo9b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13944 ft
Sweden

No Original Thought Posted at 6-16 05:54
It would be more sensible if the actual flight mode was displayed in the DJI Fly app. Currently the app shows the switch position.

So:

It's called Lazy Programming / bug or a "feature", depending on who you ask.
2022-6-16
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

So:

I totally agree, it meens that the program is displaying a FALSE state???  Like displaying a sign that says "craft in flight," and the craft is at your feet on the ground???Maybe it is because things for the Mini2 and Smart Controller are changing so quickly???

2022-6-16
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 6-16 07:48
I totally agree, it meens that the program is displaying a FALSE state???  Like displaying a sign that says "craft in flight," and the craft is at your feet on the ground???Maybe it is because things for the Mini2 and Smart Controller are changing so quickly???

I think it's actually been the case since before the Mini 2... just a poor implementation, in my opinion.
2022-6-16
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

No Original Thought Posted at 6-16 08:08
I think it's actually been the case since before the Mini 2... just a poor implementation, in my opinion.

Well I got the Mini2 and the Smart Controller in the backyard, along with a stop-watch.  I have the following:  Aircraft Firmware:01.04.000 Remote Control Firmware: 01.01.0064 and the DJI GoFly " App Version: 1.6.1.  After testing and timing 360 degree turns as well as Yaw left and right I had the following results:  NO MATTER what position the MODE switch was in upon LAUNCH, ALL readings stayed the same for each position I switched to:  In Cine the turns took 15 seconds and the yaw was noticeably slower/smoother than the Mid or Sport positions.  In Mid (P or N) position the turns took 11 seconds, and the Yaw was notably more aggressive and quicker than cine.  In Sport position the turns took 9 seconds (or very close), the Yaw was more aggressive and quicker.  Also, with the Firm/Soft Ware that I was using in the Craft and Smart Controller there was a place to choose "Multi-Mode," that would make the MODE SWITCH functionable, however with the updated Firm/Soft Ware that is now being used the choice is no longer there  I feel; that with the equipment and its programing I am using together, I have the choice of choosing what mode the aircraft launches in!     I also hope that this shows we need something in writing that is CURRENT, and takes the poor Moderators out of the position of quoting
outdated information - in good faith.
2022-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fanse21fa0ba Posted at 6-15 23:50
Alright, thank you for the information

Hi there. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

So:

Hi there N.O.T. Thank you for the reply and for giving out your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2022-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules