Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 3 Firmware Released (6/16/2022)
12Next >
7015 78 2022-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.06.16
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0800
  • RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.13.0600
  • DJI RC Pro Remote Controller Firmware: v03.01.0800
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.6.4
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.6.4

What's New?
  • Fixed issue: some aircrafts failed to calibrate IMU.
  • Fixed some minor bugs for DJI RC Pro.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2022-6-16
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

thank for the info and update...
2022-6-16
Use props
Dennis Hung
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314888 ft
Hong Kong

Oh my god, finally the new update was come, I hope the IMU issue will be fix
2022-6-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Hopefully this works now or just makes the GPS goes back to crap
2022-6-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Please someone tell me this fixes the ridiculously high brake setting on this drone. It's so high that I am seeing oscillations in flight when it's windy.
2022-6-16
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

CloudVisual Posted at 6-16 01:49
Please someone tell me this fixes the ridiculously high brake setting on this drone. It's so high that I am seeing oscillations in flight when it's windy.

... can you please explain it in more detail?

Where do you see "oscillations"...?
In video recordings...?
2022-6-16
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI,

where is the Fly app 1.6.4 used?

I see version 1.6.6 on the DJI RC Pro...

Quite a difference to the description here!!!
2022-6-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 6-16 03:24
... can you please explain it in more detail?

Where do you see "oscillations"...?

All drones have a brake setting, that is, how hard it comes to a stop when the sticks are returned to the centre point. This setting is usually something that can be changed and DJI Go4 used to allow this. DJI fly doesn't, as with a lot of other useful settings that DJI feels we shouldn't have control over.

The Mavic 3 comes to an incredibly harsh stop when the sticks are released, even if the user gently returns them back. The drone should be set, like all other DJI drones, to come to a gentle and smooth stop, even if this means that it overruns the intended stopping point. (All drones overrun the stop point, as they can't stop on a dime, but it's how gently this happens is what's the issue here.)

Whilst the drone is in flight and, say, heading forwards, but in a diagonal direction (so the stick is towards the top corners of the controller) and then the user moves this to just flying forwards, the braking from a removal of horizontal input causes the drone to brake hard to not fly sideways any longer. The braking is so hard that it often causes it to try to correct this and ultimately ends up wobbling three of four times until it's in a stable flight.

This behaviour is typical with a drone which has the PID settings too high and the over corrections cause a feedback loop. The hard braking of the Mavic 3 causes it to try to correct the braking by violently flying the other way to level out, causing an oscillation.
2022-6-16
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

CloudVisual Posted at 6-16 04:13
All drones have a brake setting, that is, how hard it comes to a stop when the sticks are returned to the centre point. This setting is usually something that can be changed and DJI Go4 used to allow this. DJI fly doesn't, as with a lot of other useful settings that DJI feels we shouldn't have control over.

The Mavic 3 comes to an incredibly harsh stop when the sticks are released, even if the user gently returns them back. The drone should be set, like all other DJI drones, to come to a gentle and smooth stop, even if this means that it overruns the intended stopping point. (All drones overrun the stop point, as they can't stop on a dime, but it's how gently this happens is what's the issue here.)

I have not seen it in mine, using "tripod" mode. Will take a look.
Still, I have seen a bug in Hyperlapse when flies on side (Lock direction at 90 degrees), that is not holding the proper straight line, is having yaw movements pretty nasty, like is correcting the direction but this can be seen at Hyperlapse...
2022-6-16
Use props
Flying_Amateur
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16411 ft
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 6-16 03:29
Hello DJI,

my pro still has 1.6.4 on it
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_CFwloWZfh2Ce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 137493 ft
United States

Thanks DJI for the update
2022-6-16
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Flying_Amateur Posted at 6-16 05:38
my pro still has 1.6.4 on it

... did you upgrade today?
2022-6-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-16 04:37
I have not seen it in mine, using "tripod" mode. Will take a look.
Still, I have seen a bug in Hyperlapse when flies on side (Lock direction at 90 degrees), that is not holding the proper straight line, is having yaw movements pretty nasty, like is correcting the direction but this can be seen at Hyperlapse...

Whilst your drone might not say that it needs a compass calibration, doing this and getting the compass as accurate as possible may fix this. There's a threshold which the drone will accept compass inaccuracy and this can be seen in hyperlapses but not affect your flying.
2022-6-16
Use props
Chris_Cain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 323337 ft
United States

Thanks for the update DJI and continuing to improve the M3 performance.  
2022-6-16
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 6-16 03:29
Hello DJI,

I believe what the release notes are saying is that you need to use at least Fly v1.6.4 or newer in order to take advantage of the features in this firmware.

Your reference to Fly v1.6.6 is the latest update for the RC Pro's firmware, but that appears to not be a requirement in order to use this firmware for the drone.  
2022-6-16
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

At first glance, it looks like the AEB problems in the previous update have been resolved as well.
2022-6-16
Use props
DarthSLR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Installed over Wi-Fi. All versions check out. Didn't notice any changes. My RC Pro still misbehaves (left stick issue), so sending it out for repair/exchange. As a scary moment, my Fly App and then RC Pro froze after update, had to reboot. This was first ever since I started flying a few years ago.
2022-6-16
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

KlooGee Posted at 6-16 06:43
I believe what the release notes are saying is that you need to use at least Fly v1.6.4 or newer in order to take advantage of the features in this firmware.

Your reference to Fly v1.6.6 is the latest update for the RC Pro's firmware, but that appears to not be a requirement in order to use this firmware for the drone.

... yes, maybe if DJI has little time to tell us exact dates or changes...

We can still guess what they want to express with what...     
2022-6-16
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Nice update. it seems that the problems that are referred to in the release notes have been fixed.
2022-6-16
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome thank you so much Dji!
2022-6-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

KlooGee Posted at 6-16 06:43

That is good.  Going to load now on my M3's.  : )
2022-6-16
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

That is good news. Thank you DJI!
2022-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 6-16 01:46

Always with the glass half empty ;+)
2022-6-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Now the real dilemma for people.   The firmware fixes IMU calibration, but the guidance is that you do not need to calibrate your IMU after a firmware update.  Do you update?  Yes, or No.  Please explain your answer in detail.
2022-6-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TonyPHX Posted at 6-16 10:02
Now the real dilemma for people.   The firmware fixes IMU calibration, but the guidance is that you do not need to calibrate your IMU after a firmware update.  Do you update?  Yes, or No.  Please explain your answer in detail.

Well its like this you own the drone you can do as you like with it. But if your IMU is working as it should you should be aware that calibration will not improve it in anyway, so there is only two ways calibration can go, the status will remain the same or you will make it worse. Not calibrating will have only one outcome “ your IMU is working well” too many myths surround calibrating .

IMU "Inertial measurement unit" .

As far as I see it, IMU calibration on a level surf as a reference for a level stationary hover. From there the craft responds predictably to flight commands.  It also likely measures any sensor noise and thermal drift so that these technical imperfections are accounted for when using IMU sensor data in flight. - this is likely why there must be no vibrations during the calibration process.

Bad IMU calibration could cause drift and attitude issues as the flight controller fights to hold the craft in what it thinks is the correct attitude as opposed to the correct physical attitude.

The IMU usually has 2 types of sensors – angle and acceleration and in turn 3 sensors of each type measuring in the X,Y and Z axis. These sensors can, through vibration, aging, impact etc, drift in their response over time and thus an IMU calibration will establish a new reference for the IMU’s level/stationary state that the flight controller can work with to restore stable flight.

Think of calibration as the bringing back into line the measured craft attitude with the true physical craft attitude.

As to how often an IMU calibration is needed, Refer to your manual ; certainly after any impact or if there are suspicions the craft can’t hover in a level attitude in a windless environment.
2022-6-16
Use props
Skyhigh16
Second Officer
Flight distance : 573225 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 6-16 01:46

Who hurt you? I’ve never seen such cynical comments. You obviously don’t learn from your mistakes. You went and bought the mini 3 pro as soon as it releases. Why don’t you stop buying early if you are going to have this kind of attitude about everything. It does not provide anything of value to this forum.
2022-6-16
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Skyhigh16 Posted at 6-16 13:25
Who hurt you? I’ve never seen such cynical comments. You obviously don’t learn from your mistakes. You went and bought the mini 3 pro as soon as it releases. Why don’t you stop buying early if you are going to have this kind of attitude about everything. It does not provide anything of value to this forum.

It's called the FOMO, considering the short life cycles of consumer electronic goods; the longer we wait the more we might miss out. I'm so glad the Mavic3 has finally come good, but it has taken a little too long. And quite often we have more luck with products like the Mini3 Pro, which in my opinion was already good straight out of the box, and only got better and better after 2 firmware updates. To me the real cynical comments on the Mavic3 and RC Pro were coming from those who don't/didn't own the products.
2022-6-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-16 10:36
Well its like this you own the drone you can do as you like with it. But if your IMU is working as it should you should be aware that calibration will not improve it in anyway, so there is only two ways calibration can go, the status will remain the same or you will make it worse. Not calibrating will have only one outcome “ your IMU is working well” too many myths surround calibrating .

IMU "Inertial measurement unit" .

I tend to agree.  I have never needed to do it under normal usage.  I prefer to fly and have fun until the drone expresses it's displeasure.
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_fL3IvKq81mJ2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14075 ft

United States

Hi everyone, I’m just wondering if anyone is having issues with the last Mavic 3 Firmware v01.00.0700, I’m having some serious problems with the image, my white balance is mess up, it has variations even when I have locked to manual white balance and exposure settings. I had a refresh on this firmware two times and still with the same issue. This issue is on DLOG and normal color profile in the main camera only. Is so frustrating I never had this type of issues berore, I was so excited about this new firmware but now I’m really disappointed. I really need this to get fix. Hopefully this new firmware get that fix for my Mavic 3
2022-6-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_fL3IvKq81mJ2 Posted at 6-16 18:42
Hi everyone, I’m just wondering if anyone is having issues with the last Mavic 3 Firmware v01.00.0700, I’m having some serious problems with the image, my white balance is mess up, it has variations even when I have locked to manual white balance and exposure settings. I had a refresh on this firmware two times and still with the same issue. This issue is on DLOG and normal color profile in the main camera only. Is so frustrating I never had this type of issues berore, I was so excited about this new firmware but now I’m really disappointed. I really need this to get fix. Hopefully this new firmware get that fix for my Mavic 3

Do you mean .800 firmware is causing issue or the previous .700?
2022-6-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Skyhigh16 Posted at 6-16 13:25

Mr MavicFit - I see you like picking fights. What I buy and when I buy has nothing to do with you and this is not about the Mini 3 Pro unless you can't read the Title. If I feel like complaining it also has absolutely nothing to do with you so stop TROLLING ME.
2022-6-16
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I'll pass on this FW - from the times I was driving Moskvich car I learn "If it works do not mend it" .700 is OK so I'll use it till DJI releases some meaningful FW
2022-6-16
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

IOS version of DJI Fly 1.6.5
Some people says their version 1.6.6
Release note says v1.6.4

Anyone understand the point?
2022-6-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 6-16 09:18
Always with the glass half empty ;+)

or maybe its half full
2022-6-17
Use props
hurstja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This hopefully solves the quirk.
2022-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Suren Posted at 6-17 00:08
or maybe its half full

Half full = positive thinking. I think M3 has improved greatly since last two Fw.
2022-6-17
Use props
Brocklll
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

The Mavic 3 comes to an incredibly harsh stop when the sticks are released, even if the user gently returns them back. The drone should be set, like all other DJI drones, to come to a gentle and smooth stop, even if this means that it overruns the intended stopping point. (All drones overrun the stop point, as they can't stop on a dime, but it's how gently this happens is what's the issue here.)

Posted the same....total jerky braking behaviour....I´ll hope DJI fixes this soon. They should add the  usual controll-setting with "brake-sensitivity" like all the previous drone, Phantom line for example
2022-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 6-16 06:25
Whilst your drone might not say that it needs a compass calibration, doing this and getting the compass as accurate as possible may fix this. There's a threshold which the drone will accept compass inaccuracy and this can be seen in hyperlapses but not affect your flying.

What threshold? Compass that is not correct is wrong , a threshold are you saying the pilot will know how much the compass is off so he can make allowances , that would be ridiculous. Where are you getting this information from ?
2022-6-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

So its acceptable for the drone to over shoot into the side of a house because you want a smooth stop. Never heard of this. There are many different filming modes I’ve seen in drones that purposely allow the drone to slowly come to a stop, but these are for actual filming. If I want my drone to smoothly stop I can easily manually do this and even easier in Cine mode. But I definitely want it to stop if I release my fingers from the sticks, why would I need it to keep going without any control from me.
2022-6-17
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 6-16 23:35
I'll pass on this FW - from the times I was driving Moskvich car I learn "If it works do not mend it"  .700 is OK so I'll use it till DJI releases some meaningful FW

Probably no harm doing that Alex.  I updated to the 800 and the only change I see is that the IMU calibration works/finishes.  (I did not need IMU cal, I just like to tinker...)
2022-6-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules