Naza M V2 fail safe return path
2081 4 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
domenh
New

Slovenia

Hi there

A question regarding the fail safe return path.
Namely, when the signal is lost one of the possible option for Naza M V2 controller is to
fly back directly to the home position.

This is a good solution in the case where the copter gets out of range.
More often, the signal will be lost, because the the copter will go behind some obstacle.
In this case, returning home will usually mean going directly into that obstacle.
This scenario got me almost loose my pricy copter, if it wasn't for a low bush, where the the damage was minimal.
Though the consequences could literaly be catastrophic.

So, I wonder if there are some plans already to upgrade the firmaware (I got the last one 4.02) in a way,
that the copter returns to the last point where the signal was still good.
It would require it to record at least one GPS position with good signal and also height (if for instance
you want to park a copter just behind the trees, where you can see it but you're unsure if the signal
will be lost).

Thanks for any suggestion.

2014-12-1
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can tell the assistant how high to fly during the return. Normally 20 meters is good, but if you have tall building or trees you can have it go higher before the return trip.
2014-12-1
Use props
ducpeter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

chrisgeigerphot Posted at 2014-12-2 08:27
You can tell the assistant how high to fly during the return. Normally 20 meters is good, but if you ...

only in the A2 and WKM you can change the 20m, not in the Naza
2014-12-1
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your right, that was on my A2 not the Naza, sorry.
2014-12-2
Use props
DJI-Soarsky Pri
lvl.1

China

Dear domenh,
Regarding to your question, i suggest you modify the F/S settings in NAZA V2 Assistant. Trting to get to the "Advance" - "F/S" - "Enhanced Failsafe methods"  - select the "Landing". That means your aircraft will land directly once F/S enabled. this will help you prevent the Naza from running into the obstacles once the F/S be enabled.
Best Regards,
DJI Innovations
2014-12-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules