Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Info Polarizer
661 6 2022-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fogar
lvl.2

Italy

Hi, I use the Mavic Air 2 with the Polarpro ND filter. Now I am considering whether to buy a Polarizer filter. I have to fly my Air 2 over the sea on sunny days, to shoot the sea, islets and boats. Is it really important to use the Polarizer? I have never used it but hearing around, some say it is important and others say no. Those who use it are telling me that the effect of the Polarizer is minimal and almost unnoticeable. So my question is: if you often use it on the sea on sunny days, can you tell me if it matters to me or not? Please I would like answers ONLY from guys who use it over the sea. Can I do without it? THANK YOU
2022-6-16
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

It depends on what you want to take because those filters can eliminate some glare/reflections to a certain amount.
Depending on which angle the sun is coming to the lense/drone by reflections and if the filter is adjusted correctly, you will see more details.
For example, if you want to see something inside a car on a bright sunny day,  you will not be able to because of the reflections from the glas. With a correctly adjusted PL filter you can eliminate those reflections and can see whats inside the car.
It is the same with water or any other reflective surface like leafs, grass,....
PL filter will only work in one direction, so they are mainly usefull for taking photos, but less usefull for taking videos, as the drone is moving around.
And it will need a little experience to become familiar on how to adjust PL filter.

Here is a good example:

2022-6-16
Use props
Fogar
lvl.2

Italy

I thank you a lot to clear my ideas
2022-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fogar. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Since this is a 3rd party accessory ( Polarizer Filter ) for your DJI Mavic Air 2, I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots who have use this filter on there DJI Mavic Air 2. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend for you to your 3rd party filters on your DJI Mavic Air 2 for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that these 3rd party filters will be able work properly. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed if the  3rd party filters will work all the time with no issues. Thank you.
2022-6-16
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

You will not be happy with Pano shots using a PL filter.  You get very uneven sky colors...areas of deep blue and light blue that are asymmetrical.
2022-6-16
Use props
ririlan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

This is well done and very informative.  Thanks.
2022-6-17
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I bought one 2 years ago and am still using it to this day. I mainly fly over water and am happy with the filter. I don't use ND filters at all. I took this photo as a test 2 years ago. See for yourself, some things work, some things don't, it also depends on the angle of incidence.
DJI_0012.JPG
2022-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules