949 17 2022-6-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

First edited veritcal video on from my Mini 3 Pro. I picked the a tall skinny object to work best with the vertical video output of the Mini 3. I'm actually really digging shooting vertical for a change.

2022-6-16
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Impressive footage, vertical shooting definitely works well in instances like that.
2022-6-16
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-16 17:48
Impressive footage, vertical shooting definitely works well in instances like that.

I agree. I'm trying to make a list of all the tall stuff in my city to film now.
2022-6-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bing Err. Good day and for posting these beautiful video that you have filmed. Great work and thank you for your support. .
2022-6-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like that's what vertical mode was designed for. Great subject - an unusual cap for the cell tower.
2022-6-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What an odd thing.  
2022-6-16
Use props
TaBarang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47152 ft
Germany

Interesting to see, how some communities disguise their antennas to make them more pleasing to the eye
As for the vertical shot: I am more a monitor and TV person and prefer content that fits the screen horizontally. I noticed that YouTube presents vertical videos in a vertical position even in full screen mode when watching on a smart phone. And on the smart phone that makes sense. I like watching well photographed ("cinematic") videos on larger screens so I will stick to the horizontal perspective for now.
2022-6-16
Use props
ReproRetro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635669 ft
Australia

Well done. Hav you thought about doing a circle around it
2022-6-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool video Corey.  Vertical mode does work extremely well for tall things as you have just proven.  

Somebody did a great job of camouflaging the top of that cell phone tower.  I have seen a few locally that are made to look like trees and even one that is a monster size flag.  
2022-6-17
Use props
Digital Skies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 313589 ft
United States

TaBarang Posted at 6-16 23:17
Interesting to see, how some communities disguise their antennas to make them more pleasing to the eye
As for the vertical shot: I am more a monitor and TV person and prefer content that fits the screen horizontally. I noticed that YouTube presents vertical videos in a vertical position even in full screen mode when watching on a smart phone. And on the smart phone that makes sense. I like watching well photographed ("cinematic") videos on larger screens so I will stick to the horizontal perspective for now.

I feel the same. Whenever I see someone take a picture of a beautiful location, it’s always vertical. I just want to stop them and say “NoOooOo”

BUT, I think this vertical-filming drone was an extremely good idea for DJI. It’s a quality, affordable drone that allows people who post on social media (like Instagram) to post without having to crop their videos/photos.
2022-6-19
Use props
TaBarang
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47152 ft
Germany

Digital Skies Posted at 6-19 05:51
I feel the same. Whenever I see someone take a picture of a beautiful location, it’s always vertical. I just want to stop them and say “NoOooOo”

BUT, I think this vertical-filming drone was an extremely good idea for DJI. It’s a quality, affordable drone that allows people who post on social media (like Instagram) to post without having to crop their videos/photos.

Yes, I agree about the good idea. Different people - different image orientation, it's good to have a choice. I am waiting for my Mini3 to ship and of course I will also try and shoot vertical if not for the sole reason that I can say "I did it and I know what I am talking about!"
2022-6-19
Use props
Digital Skies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 313589 ft
United States

TaBarang Posted at 6-19 22:26
Yes, I agree about the good idea. Different people - different image orientation, it's good to have a choice. I am waiting for my Mini3 to ship and of course I will also try and shoot vertical if not for the sole reason that I can say "I did it and I know what I am talking about!"

Yep! I personally dislike the fact that vertical photography has become so huge on all of social media, but the mini 3 helps save all who are posting aerial photography a lot of time. I’ll be looking out for your shots! Hope you enjoy the drone.
2022-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice one.
If you keep them under 60s, you can use the new 'shorts' feature (well, new, but ok).
For me the portrait mode would be most useful for manual pano's actually (that is what I used it for on the MP at least)
PS, is that railroad still in use?
2022-6-23
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-23 23:10
Nice one.
If you keep them under 60s, you can use the new 'shorts' feature (well, new, but ok).
For me the portrait mode would be most useful for manual pano's actually (that is what I used it for on the MP at least)

Good tip. Then it's like the "reels" on facebook? I've seen a few social media people that I follow do more shorts lately so it must be generating views or subscribers. I took most of last year off from droning and youtube just because my kid was job was enough, so now it feels like I fell behind and missed something.
2022-6-27
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-17 03:08
Very cool video Corey.  Vertical mode does work extremely well for tall things as you have just proven.  

Somebody did a great job of camouflaging the top of that cell phone tower.  I have seen a few locally that are made to look like trees and even one that is a monster size flag.

There's a huge cell tower right next to it that is UGLY. I don't think there are any antennas in the ear of corn. Just a private water tower that was used by a corn processing plant up until a few years ago and then when thy moved out the city bought the land and restored the water tower.
2022-6-27
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TaBarang Posted at 6-16 23:17
As for the vertical shot: I am more a monitor and TV person and prefer content that fits the screen horizontally. I noticed that YouTube presents vertical videos in a vertical position even in full screen mode when watching on a smart phone. And on the smart phone that makes sense. I like watching well photographed ("cinematic") videos on larger screens so I will stick to the horizontal perspective for now.

Agreed. I HATE that I can't enjoy it on my 75" TV at home, but I guess more people will watch it on their phones so it's a trade off.
2022-6-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bing Err Posted at 6-27 20:25
Good tip. Then it's like the "reels" on facebook? I've seen a few social media people that I follow do more shorts lately so it must be generating views or subscribers. I took most of last year off from droning and youtube just because my kid was job was enough, so now it feels like I fell behind and missed something.

Yeah, it's more or less the same and all borrowed from TikTok.
I don't like the hype about it.
Since it is less engaging and more addictive.
Also the view hours don't count for monetization.
But YT wants us to make them.....
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bing Err Posted at 6-27 20:27
There's a huge cell tower right next to it that is UGLY. I don't think there are any antennas in the ear of corn. Just a private water tower that was used by a corn processing plant up until a few years ago and then when thy moved out the city bought the land and restored the water tower.

Still, that is one cool tower.

Hope you are having a great week.
2022-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules