Does dji sends flight logs?
1746 20 2022-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
feral1
New
Argentina

Hi. My drone was stolen along with my phone. I need the flight logs because the insurance is asking for them. Dji sends flight logs to users?
2022-6-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

No ... they should be on the phone or tablet that you flew with.
But it's hard to see how they would be of use to an insurance company.

2022-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the experience. We don't have the copy or the information of the flight logs that were stored in your DJI Fly app that was installed on that specific mobile device. Thank you for your understanding and support. Take care always.
2022-6-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-18 02:03
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the experience. We don't have the copy or the information of the flight logs that were stored in your DJI Fly app that was installed on that specific mobile device. Thank you for your understanding and support. Take care always.

Hi Paladin,

Are you sure??

If i use a new mobile device and install the FlyApp, sync with the DJI server i get all my flights in the flyapp video overview.

If i than click on a video the flightlog is downloaded on the device!

So i think that DJI server does store flightlogs.

cheers
JJB
2022-6-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 6-18 03:06
Hi Paladin,

Are you sure??

DJI Paladin's response sounds like a plausible deniability clause that DJI uses when asked about privacy matters.
2022-6-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-18 04:31
DJI Paladin's response sounds like a plausible deniability clause that DJI uses when asked about privacy matters.

yeah, do not think Paladin will give a reaction....

But nice to know for drone users about their logs....
Did you know that in the logs pictures are stored, this while no picture has been taken but quickshots video is recorded?

cheers
JJB
2022-6-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 6-18 05:08
yeah, do not think Paladin will give a reaction....

But nice to know for drone users about their logs....

Noted.    I sent you a PM.
2022-6-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But if the original logs are NOT sync'ed to DJI then DJI DO NOT have copies from which they can be restored....... Unless perhaps they have been uploaded for decryption to AirData.
I have experimented with syncing several times, with Go, Go4 and FLY, and the only logs that have been restored to an empty App are those logs that had been sync'ed.
That said, I don't like the idea of anyone hosting my logs so I do not upload them to anywhere for reasons other than necessity i.e. to get decryptions of FLY app logs. I back my flight logs up to external hard drive.

I believe that sync'ed logs are the basis of our 'distance flown' quotes in our posts and this is why mine is so low and recently increased due to an experiment with Fly.
If that is correct it is likely that the OP has not sync'ed, or sync'ed with a different account, since his footage seems to be 0, zero.

2022-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 6-18 03:06
Hi Paladin,

Are you sure??

Thank you for your response, JJB and we're sorry for the confusion. Just to confirm, the flight logs that were stored on our server are those flight logs that we're properly synced in time. However, we cannot provide a copy of those records to provide to users as there are designated departments handling this kind of task. Also, the said records will help them identify the cause of the issue when sending the unit to us for diagnostics. We really appreciate your understanding on this matter. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help. Thank you for your continued support.
2022-6-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-21 23:12
Thank you for your response, JJB and we're sorry for the confusion. Just to confirm, the flight logs that were stored on our server are those flight logs that we're properly synced in time. However, we cannot provide a copy of those records to provide to users as there are designated departments handling this kind of task. Also, the said records will help them identify the cause of the issue when sending the unit to us for diagnostics. We really appreciate your understanding on this matter. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help. Thank you for your continued support.

Hi Paladin,

Thanks for your reply.
Strange that DJI has the synced flightlogs but cannot provide a copy because another designated department use the logs for diagnostics.
But sending a copy back to a user does not mean that this department cannot do their work anymore.

BUT as i wrote ; for your FlyApp users ; use another device, play back the video and the flightlog is downloaded from the server to the device.

Good to know for you so you can help the next user with the same question!

cheers
JJB
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 6-21 23:31
Hi Paladin,

Thanks for your reply.

Hello, JJB. We totally understand your side. No worries, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our team for evaluation. We really appreciate your continued support to our community, JJB. Have a wonderful day ahead!
2022-6-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-28 03:02
Hello, JJB. We totally understand your side. No worries, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our team for evaluation. We really appreciate your continued support to our community, JJB. Have a wonderful day ahead!

Thanks Paladin,

Please look at my other post as well ; https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=268055

cheers
JJB
2022-6-28
Use props
Occasionally Droning
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13944 ft
Sweden

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-21 23:12

DJI Paladin wrote: "Just to confirm, the flight logs that were stored on our server are those flight logs that we're properly synced in time. However, we cannot provide a copy of those records"

Of course not. They are destined for China Only! We pay for their spying on us! Incredible!
2022-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 6-28 04:55
Thanks Paladin,

Please look at my other post as well ; https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=268055

Sorry for the late response, JJB. This will be duly noted. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2022-7-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-15 07:57
Sorry for the late response, JJB. This will be duly noted. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Hi Paladin,

Thanks, do hope that your engineers will change the FlyApp to give better info to the remote pilots.

cheers
JJB
2022-7-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Occasionally Droning Posted at 6-28 06:23
Of course not. They are destined for China Only! We pay for their spying on us! Incredible!

The logs are only sync'ed if you give permission for them to be sync'ed.
In that case it's not spying,
2022-7-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Occasionally Droning Posted at 6-28 06:23
DJI Paladin wrote: "Just to confirm, the flight logs that were stored on our server are those flight logs that we're properly synced in time. However, we cannot provide a copy of those records"

beep beep misunderstood the visible quotation
2022-7-15
Use props
fateofangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-15 08:31
The logs are only sync'ed if you give permission for them to be sync'ed.
In that case it's not spying,

Good to know
2022-7-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, if you look at the 'milage' in my avatar it is so low because I do not normally sync, I have experimented with it occasionally which is the reason that there is any.
2022-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

JJB* Posted at 7-15 08:18
Hi Paladin,

Thanks, do hope that your engineers will change the FlyApp to give better info to the remote pilots.

You are most welcome. Have a nice day ahead!
2022-7-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-21 05:41
You are most welcome. Have a nice day ahead!

Thanks.

Uh, can you please have a look at this DJI reply to user when flying over water

"Hello there [name]. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you have received any error message on the DJI Fly application when this issue happened? Just a reminder that when flying above the water, the vision positioning function will turn off automatically and only the GPS and barometer are used for positioning, if affected by the accuracy range, and an accident might happen. Thank you"

This message is so not correct....

My reply is always as below, do change the message to a correct message that really helps your customers.
Thanks in advance
Cheers
JJB

Hi Stephen,

And again you post this outdated link!!  why ?

FlyApp drones cannot disable the VPS bottem sensor!!

And the vision positioning is not turned off automatically flying over water!
And what do you mean with "...affected by the accuranct range, an accident might happen" ?? It is so wrong!

I fly many times low over water, VPS bottom sensor does sense alway the correct height.Only when flying slow or hovering low over streaming water the VPS downward sensor gets sometimes "confused"....
Well, just my experience flying many many flights low over water.
And, analyzing logs, you can see that the vision is not used for positioning when the GPS signals are oke. (see the manuals as well ....)

Best for DJI is to change the autolanding protection such that it will automatically turns off with some speed in any direction! This has caused many wet drones....

2022-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules