2982 12 2022-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GClef
lvl.3
Flight distance : 807582 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a used RC1B remote - hoping to use it with my Mavic 2 Pro that uses the same model RC1B remote. But when I plug the iPhone 6S I use with the GO 4 app, the message I get is:
“The current device cannot use DJI GO 4, please check the relevant manual and download the correct app to use.”
So, thinking it needed a firmware update, I connect the used RC1B to the DJI Assistant 2, for Mavic 2, and it shows up as an Enterprise remote.
What do I need to do to get this RC1B Enterprise remote to work with my Mavic 2 Pro as a secondary in dual remote mode?
2022-6-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I haven't a clue how you would convert the controller to use the Go4 app but just as a matter of interest have you tried using the "pilot" app, as listed on the following web page https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-2-enterprise/downloads
and testing if that app will,
a) work with the drone and or
b) work on the secondary controller whilst the primary controller presumably uses the Go4 app or
c) both controllers use the "pilot" app.

BTW a 'normal' RC1B works perfectly happily as a secondary controller with the Go4 app.

Question, have you posted this question before, maybe elsewhere?  The bit about the assistant 2 seeing the controller as an Enterprise controller rings a bell.
2022-6-17
Use props
GClef
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-17 09:35
I haven't a clue how you would convert the controller to use the Go4 app but just as a matter of interest have you tried using the "pilot" app, as listed on the following web page https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-2-enterprise/downloads

Thank you Sean.
The remote is recognized by the DJI Pilot app. I will see if it links with the Mavic 2 Pro as a secondary.
If the second RC1B would not work with GO 4, I'm thinking my primary RC1B may not work with DJI Pilot.
So, I'm hoping "b)" will work.
2022-6-17
Use props
GClef
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-17 09:35
I haven't a clue how you would convert the controller to use the Go4 app but just as a matter of interest have you tried using the "pilot" app, as listed on the following web page https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-2-enterprise/downloads

And, no, this is the first time I've posted about this issue.
2022-6-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GClef Posted at 6-17 11:47
And, no, this is the first time I've posted about this issue.

That's weird then, either it's a case of deja vu or someone else has recently been caught out the same way.

Anyhow, if you end up looking for another RC1* controller, if you like DAT logs. try to get an RC1A, they create them, the RC1B does not. For me, both the RC1A and RC1B (not Enterprise versions) work perfectly happily as either primary or secondary controller though I normally use the A as the primary because I like to have the DATs.

2022-6-17
Use props
GClef
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-17 13:38
That's weird then, either it's a case of deja vu or someone else has recently been caught out the same way.

Anyhow, if you end up looking for another RC1* controller, if you like DAT logs. try to get an RC1A, they create them, the RC1B does not. For me, both the RC1A and RC1B (not Enterprise versions) work perfectly happily as either primary or secondary controller though I normally use the A as the primary because I like to have the DATs.

If the 2 remotes I have are identical Model numbers, with the same hardware, I can't imagine why software can't be upgraded or downgraded to match.
2022-6-17
Use props
GClef
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Well, just got off the phone with DJI Technical Support and was told that the 2 RC1B remotes - 1  being a consumer model, and the other an enterprise, are not compatible.
And that there is no firmware modification that would change the Enterprise remote to allow use on the consumer model drone.
2022-6-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well at least you got a straight answer from them though it's a pity the answer was what it is.
Did you try the  drone with the pilot app?
Was the 'new to you' controller advertised as for an M2P/Z (non enterprise)?
If so can you return it as "not as described"?
2022-6-18
Use props
GClef
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-18 01:23
Well at least you got a straight answer from them though it's a pity the answer was what it is.

Yes, it only took a few minutes of waiting to get a tech rep on the phone. Never had a problem with getting answers anytime I’ve had to call.
I got the remote on eBay a while ago, and it was described as an enterprise remote that the seller believed would work with an M2P.
So I think I’ll try this afternoon whether it works or not.
I’ll post any updates.
2022-6-18
Use props
GClef
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-18 01:23

Using DJI Pilot, the remote does link with the drone, and I was able to arm the propellers, but did not give the option of primary or secondary use. And, the app did not stay in the camera view and got a message about not being able to use the DJI Pilot app with the drone.
2022-6-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's a pity.
2022-6-18
Use props
GClef
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, tell me 'bout it. Spent $200 for something I can't even use.
Unless...I can find myself a used/inexpensive Mavic 2 Enterprise to go with the remote.
2022-6-18
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

pfffff I don't think that will happen, I would sell the enterprise controller and look for an M2P/Z RC1A.
$200 is quite steep, I think my was around £100.
2022-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules