LED light goes off when flying at night
708 4 2022-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SiRius. ly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 334072 ft
Singapore

OMG, during my first night flying on the first day my drone arrived, after take off midway about 20-30meter height the LED lights all went off.
It was harrowing to navigates it back in the dark & with many trees around!
Good thing I tilt the gimbal down n manage to bring it down.
Now after the latest firmware updates, it happens again!
To make matters worse, now the distance meter stays at --.
Shall try again tomorrow in day time n night.
Shall update here again.

2022-6-17
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I have tested the last two firmware and it works just fine.  Half an hour ago I tested today's firmware and it works great.
2022-6-17
Use props
NightThunder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106020 ft
United States

The lights on the DJI are not FAA approved for night flight. You need something like https://www.firehousetechnology.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxfeLuZq1-AIVgwnnCh0TwQ3kEAAYAiAAEgIDsPD_BwE They have an assortment of FAA approved strobes. and with these drone strobes you can legally fly at night.

Weird though that the drone lights would turn off.
2022-6-17
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you talking about the navigational lights or the bottom LED because if so I know the bottom LED can either be turned off or on or set to auto so at night it turns on but when it reaches a set altitude it turns off, if this helps.
2022-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. We strongly recommend flying the unit in an open area wherein there is no tress or electric wires and has a line of sight on the unit when flying at night to avoid issues. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules