RTH didn't work netiher forward nor backwards controls
702 9 2022-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spilraul
New

Mexico

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/0XPZXT5JVBQNVJP9H8E1/

Hi, I've flown several times my mini2. I hadn't had any problems so far, but today it was different. I set my home and started to fly. I was in cinema mode and I flew 600meters away and then changed to sport button, but obviously I wasn't getting the footage I wanted in this mode, so I changed it to normal mode. But when I try to continue flying I couldn't go ahead neither go back. My drone stood still in the same place without movement. I had 3to 4 marks in GPS signal. My left controller worked perfect, because I could pan to the right and left without any problem and the gymbal was ok. But the right controller was not working at all. A little movement to the right or left, but little.

So I pushed RTH, the drone started rotating but any forward movement and the app just canceld RTH somes seconds later. I tried again and the same happened. So I freaked out and aligned the drone to the street with the little movement to the right it let me do. I entered to my car and ran to the point my drone was. I started to descend and I could move de drone as always without any problems.

I must say that the drone told me that I was higher than the restricted heght (60meters) but I was at 59, 60 meters. I couldn't have surpassed the height limit because the drone wouldn't had let me do that. Could that be the answer to my problem? Should I have lowered the drone a few meters below the limit?

I must also say that at the beginning of the flight the app told me that it was too dark to fly and It didn't let me fly, so I override the restriction and it warned me. I clicked ok. The truth is that it was not dark. I had flown the mini 2 many times at the same time before.

Any clue about this? I would appreciate your help. Thank you.    I post a photo of the flight record at the beggining of this post in a link.

2022-6-17
Use props
spilraul
New

Mexico

2022-6-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most probably what will be needed is access to the actual log on Airdata, you need make ONLY the above flight public.
Better yet, up load the flight log to https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/  and then post the link to it here.
2022-6-17
Use props
spilraul
New

Mexico

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-17 09:06
Most probably what will be needed is access to the actual log on Airdata, you need make ONLY the above flight public.
Better yet, up load the flight log to https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/  and then post the link to it here.

Thank you. Done. I also changed the link in the original post.

2022-6-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

.......great......      
2022-6-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If no one replies then you could try MavicPilots, there are some good log wizards over there too.
2022-6-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

spilraul Posted at 6-17 09:17
Thank you. Done. I also changed the link in the original post.

The warning messages explain what happened:

La aeronave ha entrado en una Zona de altitud restringida l.; La altitud actual supera el l.; Sal de la zona o aterriza.
MAeronave en Zona de altitud restringida l.
Se ha alcanzado la altitud m.

The aircraft has entered an Altitude Restricted Zone l.; The current altitude exceeds l.; Exit the area or land.
Aircraft in Restricted Altitude Zone l.
Altitude m has been reached.

Your control difficulty was because you never cancelled the RTH, which would have given you proper control.

2022-6-17
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Interesting flightlog,

You start point was in a retricted area ; the in/out fly zone Zamora airfield.
Height limitation start point 60 meter.
Message :  Aeronave en Zona de altitud restringida (60). Vuela con precauci.

At approx 700 meters away from your HomePoint your MINI2 out of the zone.
Flying into the zone, to fly home,....that moment this entry is checked and was not oke to enter.

MINI2 at 60.1 meter baro height, fly zone has max height of 60 meter.
Flying along the zone border is no problem, as you did.
Height 63 meters now.

If you had lowered your drone < max zone height than entering the zone was possible.In RTH drone will fly at current height if that height is higher than the RTH height setting (your setting 43 meter)
So RTH no option to fly home, current fly height above max zone height. (just above...)

In the map chart ; end of red arrow is where your mini left the restricted zone and try to get in again.
Flight summary: few times RTH and cancelled by you again.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2022-6-18
Use props
fans52a5faeb
New

Mexico

JJB* Posted at 6-18 00:41
Hi,

Interesting flightlog,

JJB, thank you very much for your answer. I really appreciate your explanation. I understand now what happened.  It was a mere coincidence that I stopped the drone just passing the borderline and I did not notice that. The drone elevated a little bit and I couldn't take it to home.

Thank you again.

Cheers
Raúl Bribiesca

2022-6-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans52a5faeb Posted at 6-20 07:14
JJB, thank you very much for your answer. I really appreciate your explanation. I understand now what happened.  It was a mere coincidence that I stopped the drone just passing the borderline and I did not notice that. The drone elevated a little bit and I couldn't take it to home.

Thank you again.

Hi Raúl,

Its my pleasure to help if i can.

Many happy landings,
Cheers JJB
2022-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules