Radar Yaw Rotation
746 8 2022-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nazar78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

@DJI please change the radar yaw rotation to the aircraft instead of rotating only the north point, very hard to see the small "N"orth in different lighting conditions.

This used to be working great on the older DJI GO 4 so we can quickly determine where precisely the aircraft orientation is especially if there's magnetic interference. Usually I'll change the take off location or recalibrate if there's huge discrepancy between the aircraft pointer and the actually aircraft orientation.

This is also very helpful in precision flights such as inspections because in the map mode it doesn't give realtime updates in the yaw axis.

2022-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-6-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

just use the Go4 app radar/attitude display in the FlyApp ; 100x better!
2022-6-18
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Singapore

JJB* Posted at 6-18 01:35
just use the Go4 app radar/attitude display in the FlyApp ; 100x better!

How do we do that when the aircraft is connected to the DJI RC? I don't think the DJI GO 4 app supports the Mini 3?
2022-6-18
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Singapore

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-18 00:50
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Yes please thank you. It's been great in the previous DJI GO 4 app and it's not that hard to program change the radar it in the newer DJI Fly app. Just need to rotate the aircraft triangle icon instead of the tiny "N"orth indicator which is difficult to see in the 5.5" DJI RC.
2022-6-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nazar78 Posted at 6-18 02:06
How do we do that when the aircraft is connected to the DJI RC? I don't think the DJI GO 4 app supports the Mini 3?

Hi,

Sorry for the confusing!

I meant for DJI  change the FlyApp such that the current attitude.compass indicator is replaced with the one just in the Go4 app .Go4 app the craft is shown in the display   so it is really to see where it is relative to your own position.
Just rotate the RC left/right so that the craft icon is between the center and the top marking : craft is in fron of you!!

cheers
JJB
2022-6-18
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Singapore

JJB* Posted at 6-18 02:20
Hi,

Sorry for the confusing!

Yes fully agree. It was already perfect in the DJI GO 4 app wonder why it was changed in the DJI Fly app. Counter-intuitive I would say.
2022-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Nazar78 Posted at 6-18 02:12
Yes please thank you. It's been great in the previous DJI GO 4 app and it's not that hard to program change the radar it in the newer DJI Fly app. Just need to rotate the aircraft triangle icon instead of the tiny "N"orth indicator which is difficult to see in the 5.5" DJI RC.

This will be duly noted. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-6-21
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Singapore

I think I know why DJI changed the radar arrow from rotating to stationary. The radar now shows obstacle indicator, those red lines. But they are just too small to notice when operating the drone, kind of useless. Might as well change back the arrow pointer to rotating relative to the aircrash position which will be more useful. The red lines obstacles warning will do just fine in the main screen itself.

Not sure why many are not concerned by this but it's one of useful tools while you're out flying.
2022-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules