Shut down during update.
3956 5 2022-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd9bc47b5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 232096 ft
United States

I was updating my Mini 2 tonight and had a brain cramp and shut down my drone half way through the update.

Now when I turn on the Mini 2, I get 4 yellow flashes and then a constant slow red flash.  No pattern changes.  I can't link the RC to the Mini.  I can get a camera feed but no link to control the drone.  I've tried all my batteries and get the same outcome.  Removing the battery is the only way to power down at the moment.

On the bottom 4 battery power lights, when I first press to turn on, only the outer 2 lights ( positions 1 & 4) come on, then on the 2nd press, all 4 light up in sequence and then go back to the outer 2 lights only being lit.

I've tried DJI Assistant on both the RC and Mini 2.  It connects to the the RC but not the Mini 2.  I've tried putting the Mini 2 into pairing mode by holding down the power button for 4-5 seconds after being turned on and nothing happens.  

Does anybody know how to reset the link or force a link between the RC and Mini 2 so I can complete the update?  I have DJI Care but would hate to go that route if it's something simple.
2022-6-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what error message the DJI Assistant 2 showed when you plug in the drone? Could you please try to uninstall the program and re-plug the unit and check if you can now access the firmware update for the drone? In addition, you may refer to the tutorial link below on how to properly re-link the aircraft to the Rc. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-6-17
Use props
Kcled
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-17 22:17
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what error message the DJI Assistant 2 showed when you plug in the drone? Could you please try to uninstall the program and re-plug the unit and check if you can now access the firmware update for the drone? In addition, you may refer to the tutorial link below on how to properly re-link the aircraft to the Rc. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwXQyOEGjo&t=23s

I attached a screenshot of the only thing to come up when I use DJI Assistant 2.  I did restart and I get the same message.  I tried to attach the export file but it says the file isn't supported.

Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot

Screenshot
2022-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kcled Posted at 6-18 14:43
I attached a screenshot of the only thing to come up when I use DJI Assistant 2.  I did restart and I get the same message.  I tried to attach the export file but it says the file isn't supported.

Thank you for your response. We're sorry for the confusion. Correction, we cannot update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 with the DJI Mini 2. Instead, kindly please do the update using the DJI Fly app. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-6-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

DJI Paladin is slightly uninformed. There IS a way to use Assistant 2 with the Mini 2.

2022-6-22
Use props
Kcled
lvl.1
United States

Thank you everybody for the help.  I reached out to DJI online help on Monday and they walked me through using DJI Assistant 2 to update the drone
2022-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules