626 13 2022-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been doing some simple experimenting with my Mini 3 Pro and we were out in our boat yesterday. I noticed that if I selected my large white boat as the subject the drone lost it in seconds. It was of course on the water. If however I selected our very bright but much smaller orange canoe it held the subject just fine.

You can see that it centres on the canoe in the mastershot below

2022-6-17
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Would have been interesting to see active track following the boat, scenery in that area looks beautiful
2022-6-17
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 6-17 23:37
Would have been interesting to see active track following the boat, scenery in that area looks beautiful

Yes that is the Norfolk Broads. I would like to do some Active track but when I get a new drone I am quite nervous and have to move along on things slowly. When I took that master shot there were Seabirds in the area and they sometimes like to attack drones and that is always in the back of my mind. These things cost so much I am always worried about loosing them. Some YouTubers fly them like they stole them but often they have nod had to buy the drone themselves
2022-6-18
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-18 00:06
Yes that is the Norfolk Broads. I would like to do some Active track but when I get a new drone I am quite nervous and have to move along on things slowly. When I took that master shot there were Seabirds in the area and they sometimes like to attack drones and that is always in the back of my mind. These things cost so much I am always worried about loosing them. Some YouTubers fly them like they stole them but often they have nod had to buy the drone themselves

I know exactly what you mean with the nerves, the more you fly the and the more trust you have in the Mini 3 you will push it further
2022-6-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 6-18 00:08
I know exactly what you mean with the nerves, the more you fly the and the more trust you have in the Mini 3 you will push it further

With a new drone I actually sometimes shake a little when flying it. Oddly I will happily send my MA1 out and tend not to worry
2022-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a similar result with a white boat last week,   failed to keep it centered.
2022-6-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-18 00:56
I had a similar result with a white boat last week,   failed to keep it centered.

I think next time I may take a high viz vest or similar to put on the boat and see if that helps
2022-6-18
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Too little colour contrast for the drone to get a lock?
2022-6-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exib Posted at 6-17 23:37

Active track on the Mini 3 Pro works really well.  Check out this video to see how well it did.
2022-6-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-18 03:47
Active track on the Mini 3 Pro works really well.  Check out this video to see how well it did.

That was indeed working well. I the later part where he speeded up it looked like he might have been flying the Drone ?
2022-6-18
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-18 05:02
That was indeed working well. I the later part where he speeded up it looked like he might have been flying the Drone ?

I got the same impression at the end of the video.  
2022-6-18
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had the same issue today with my Mini 2, using quick shots on the white radar mast at Landguard Point
2022-6-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-18 03:41
I think next time I may take a high viz vest or similar to put on the boat and see if that helps

Wasnt my boat and it was in the middle of a river so not really an option for me.
2022-6-19
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is this what you're on about, i managed to do one Boomerang but after that it was this constantly...

2022-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules