Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What Equipment/Software Do You Use?
864 5 2022-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm looking to maybe do some photo and video editing and have been tempted to go the MacOS route, having been a Windows user since 3.11

As my use case will be fairly minimal and light, I have been looking at the Air series, although I am tempted by the 14" Macbook Pro. I have a long haul flight coming up soon and want a device that will last around 10 hours watching video. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on software for novices? I have watched a few YT vids and Lightroom seems to be the most beginner friendly, however I would rather buy the software outright and avoid going down the subscription route.

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section.

I added the poll for fun really and just to gauge an idea of what other folks here are using.

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 3 entry optional ), Total 4 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2022-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Hope that you could get the best suggestion from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have inquiries or concerns about your product. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-6-18
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

I refuse to pay the Adobe tax or to use *any* subscription software.
2022-6-18
Use props
TooDeep
lvl.4
United Kingdom

For video, DaVinci Resolve from Blackmagic is free and doesn't want for much compared to DaVinci Resolve Studio, which costs a one-off sub-£300 with, currently, lifetime updates.

For photos, GIMP from gimp.org is on version 2.10.32, is also free and has everything any novice needs. If and when you outgrow it, all the paid options will still be around and you'll hopefully be in a better position to make full use of what you're paying for.
2022-6-19
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mr. Strat Posted at 6-18 19:08
I refuse to pay the Adobe tax or to use *any* subscription software.

I know how you feel. I am a bit reluctant to go down that route.
2022-6-22
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

TooDeep Posted at 6-19 02:42
For video, DaVinci Resolve from Blackmagic is free and doesn't want for much compared to DaVinci Resolve Studio, which costs a one-off sub-£300 with, currently, lifetime updates.

For photos, GIMP from gimp.org is on version 2.10.32, is also free and has everything any novice needs. If and when you outgrow it, all the paid options will still be around and you'll hopefully be in a better position to make full use of what you're paying for.

Thanks for the suggestions . I played around with GIMP many moons ago, never got the hang of it
2022-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules