new purchased DJI osmo pocket core board damage
1645 6 2022-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K Nguyen
New

United States

Good Morning everyone.
    I just recently purchased the DJI Osmo pocket online (eBay),  and when I received the item, it was still in the plastic wrap and it was brand new when I take it out of the box I try to turn it on but it not turning on. So I thought hmm maybe it just needs to be charged, so I process to charging the DJI Osmo Pocket as I leave it charged for 4 hours, I then unplugged and attempted to turn it on but it still not turning on which made me curious and sent the item to DJI support and when I got the quote for the repair back and the fine people at DJI support stated that the core board is damage and due to the item was out of warranty I have to pay for the repair cost. I was like ok I understand they have a business to run totally understand the repair cost, but when I look at the repair cost and I was so surprised. The repair for Core Board damage is $122 and the repair fee is $65 so the total is $187, for something that I was never using or turning on once. For the price, I can buy another DJI Osmo pocket and not worry about shipping issues or I can return it to the store.

If everyone out there has the same issue please let me know because now I have a paperweight brick that can not turn on and can't do anything. I might use it to play catch and throw with my dog (IDK). But this is ridiculous I guess it is a lesson for me do not buy anything online even though it is from the official website it might ship to your home but it will damage because these shipping company employees do not care about your item if it is fragile or not they going to toss your item and causing damage and you might can not use your Osmo pocket like mine.
2022-6-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with your case number via PM? We will make further checks and try our best to help you out. Sorry again for your inconvenience.
2022-6-18
Use props
K Nguyen
New

United States

UPDATE:
Thank you to the team member and staff they were able to help me identify the problem and solve it. Got mine DJI pocket fixed free of charge because they were able to determine that my DJI pocket was still under warranty. Thank you DJI staff and now my DJI pocket is working as it is new.
2022-6-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

K Nguyen Posted at 6-26 19:55
UPDATE:
Thank you to the team member and staff they were able to help me identify the problem and solve it. Got mine DJI pocket fixed free of charge because they were able to determine that my DJI pocket was still under warranty. Thank you DJI staff and now my DJI pocket is working as it is new.

Thanks for your update. If you have any questions, please let us know.
2022-6-26
Use props
djiuser_6jxoR76SXZxW
New

United States

#Quick Reply Here#literally having the same issue guess I shouldn't buy anything online I mean how can I afford that price its basically can buy another one for the price to fix... and it was brand new in the box with the raping on it was hoping this camera was gonna be good  now all I can do is look at it "sent the item to DJI support and when I got the quote for the repair back and the fine people at DJI support stated that the core board is damage and due to the item was out of warranty I have to pay for the repair cost. I was like ok I understand they have a business to run totally understand the repair cost, but when I look at the repair cost and I was so surprised. The repair for Core Board damage is $122 and the repair fee is $65 so the total is $187, for something that I was never using or turning on once. For the price, I can buy another DJI Osmo pocket and not worry about shipping issues or I can return it to the store." exactly right   never even used it how can the core board be bad and not under warranty  for something never used
2022-9-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_6jxoR76SXZxW Posted at 9-23 17:32
#Quick Reply Here#literally having the same issue guess I shouldn't buy anything online I mean how can I afford that price its basically can buy another one for the price to fix... and it was brand new in the box with the raping on it was hoping this camera was gonna be good  now all I can do is look at it "sent the item to DJI support and when I got the quote for the repair back and the fine people at DJI support stated that the core board is damage and due to the item was out of warranty I have to pay for the repair cost. I was like ok I understand they have a business to run totally understand the repair cost, but when I look at the repair cost and I was so surprised. The repair for Core Board damage is $122 and the repair fee is $65 so the total is $187, for something that I was never using or turning on once. For the price, I can buy another DJI Osmo pocket and not worry about shipping issues or I can return it to the store." exactly right   never even used it how can the core board be bad and not under warranty  for something never used

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. We will make further checks and keep you updated.
2022-9-23
Use props
BadSheep
New

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 9-23 18:48
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. We managed to find out your case number through your forum account. We will make further checks and keep you updated.

thank you.......
2022-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules