Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xairoo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48130 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,
I had my first flight with the mini 3 pro over a small river. Only 4 minutes and it suddenly felt in the river
without a reason. I was in cine mode and the collision protection was active. Drone was about 2 meters above the water and I flying with spotlight tracking left and right.
I was able to get it out of the water.
That’s not my first drone and I know how to fly or how to force an emergency shutdown, but I haven’t done it.

3 days after activation and no DJI care.

But for me it’s clearly a DJI warranty case. Just have to contact them on Monday.

Maybe a ...ty Monday product…

Any ideas or tips for me? Thanks!
2022-6-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

curious you mentioned "emergency shutdown" and you know how it's done and you didn't do it here....why mention that?

did the crash simulate to you exactly what would happen if the drone experienced an "emergency shutdown"?

i think someone will suggest you post the logs for analysis....
2022-6-18
Use props
Xairoo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Why? Because i take care of how to push the sticks, just to prevent a crash. What a question…

No idea, I just went my eyes from the drone to the DJI App and then it happened. My partner saw it dropped and the water splashed up. But I haven’t forced an emergency shutdown. That would be really insane, specially if you know how to do that.

Yeah I know that it was logged. But currently I am still enjoying (more or less) the sunny day at the river :-)
2022-6-18
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

All DJI Drones have difficulty when flying low over water. It is common for them to descend when very close to water the bottom vision sensors are not good in these situations
2022-6-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

wow  sad story

mayby the flightlog does explain more what happend!

if you like upload your log using > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here    or   just put a cloud-link to your flightlog on here

cheers
JJB
2022-6-18
Use props
Xairoo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Finally went back at home and dried the drone with air (IT Dusters CompuCleaner Xpert) for about 5 minutes in every possible position and hole.
Yeah I know (should wait a few days, but hey, this drone is a warranty case).
Was able to start the drone but not able to lift it up. Camera works.
Got error codes:

Anyway, the more important logfile:
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/7MLEMPK0K854KF4Q64SI/

Nice to see the controler stick positions! Didn't know that this get's logged too, nice!

Oh and 30165 is for "motor blocked"...

Also I started flying in 2016 with my first drone, an Inspire 1. So I know how to fly.

2022-6-18
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

smooth water is transparent to the optical sensor, never fly lower than 10ft above water.
2022-6-18
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xairoo Posted at 6-18 08:28
Why? Because i take care of how to push the sticks, just to prevent a crash. What a question…

No idea, I just went my eyes from the drone to the DJI App and then it happened. My partner saw it dropped and the water splashed up. But I haven’t forced an emergency shutdown. That would be really insane, specially if you know how to do that.

typically the drone is not going to simply let you screw up and shut off the motors while you are trying to fly.  unless you've gone in and changed the setting to make it easier and then after a crash, most of us still are not going to accuse the expert or the novice of inadvertently initiating an eps.  crash will be determined largely on the facts not excuses.  i just found it interesting that you mentioned it right away; it would be like crashing in your car and then saying "but i didn't turn off the car key to cause this crash...."  nobody just thinks that about you unless you bring it up.  because we know the drone is not perfect, there are millions of reasons to crash, and it has certain tendencies when flying low but when you said a couple of meters....threw me off.  perhaps you were a lot closer to the water than you though, the logs will tell.  sorry for your crash, enjoy your day at the river!  
2022-6-18
Use props
Xairoo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Wiz33 Posted at 6-18 10:23
smooth water is transparent to the optical sensor, never fly lower than 10ft above water.

No idea =) I never had a flight above smooth water!

Anyway, error code is 30165: motor blocked...

The place where it happened:
2022-6-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Xairoo Posted at 6-18 10:15
Finally went back at home and dried the drone with air (IT Dusters CompuCleaner Xpert) for about 5 minutes in every possible position and hole.

Hi

Had a look at your log

First : flight started with zero reception for GPS, so start in Vision mode and even shorlty in ATTI.
After 40s in flight HomePoint was recorded, not great idea to do so.

But rest of flight good GPS.

End of the flight , see my chart of your data. It looks like your MINI3 touches something, motor blocked. Was it a fishing line? or twig of a tree ?
As it was recoverd, any difference in force to rotate the motors?
cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2022-6-18
Use props
Xairoo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

No, there was nothing. Also there was enough space under the drone.

I am currently trying to fix the broken .mov file (because the drone stopped working and file wasn't closed correctly!). That will show the position from the drone.

2022-6-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Xairoo Posted at 6-18 10:54

I am currently trying to fix the broken .mov file (because the drone stopped working and file wasn't closed correctly!). That will show the position from the drone.

Guess the front left motor failed.
Height was indicating 2.1 meter, so high enough not to hit that rock.
Last recorded position in the log, so 'wet' position is known.

cheers
JJB
2022-6-18
Use props
Xairoo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

JJB* Posted at 6-18 11:03
Guess the front left motor failed.
Height was indicating 2.1 meter, so high enough not to hit that rock.
Last recorded position in the log, so 'wet' position is known.

Thanks for you help!

Will share the answer from DJI when I get one.

Cheers
2022-6-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Xairoo Posted at 6-18 10:15

You were flying in Active Track about 8 feet above the water.
At 3:29 the drone pitched forward, rolled right over to the left and tumbled into the water.
Were there trees or other obstacles that you could have hit?
2022-6-18
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Xairoo Posted at 6-18 10:54

You can use Untrunc to fix your broken video:

https://github.com/anthwlock/untrunc/releases/tag/latest
2022-6-18
Use props
Xairoo
lvl.2
  • >>>
Switzerland

Tuxtard Posted at 6-18 15:20
You can use Untrunc to fix your broken video:

https://github.com/anthwlock/untrunc/releases/tag/latest

Thanks! Worked =)! But the video stop before the drone was falling down.
You can just see the place where the drone will fly to. Also that there is enough free space and that is's safe to fly.

Hardware malfunction. That's it. Hope DJI will replace it fast and pay me the shipping (Switzerland to Germany, that's expansive).

Anyway... a good point that DJI care refresh is a good idea. No idea what they will do if that would happen after a few month. Guess otherwise such a case could bring a lot of trouble and wasted (life-) time.
2022-6-19
Use props
petereckle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 494590 ft
United States

I just experienced a flight failure with my Mavic Air 2. Not mor than 17 meters in the air and no more than 50 yards from the controller, the drone just fell on the roof of a building. The messagage seen after the fact said "weak image transmission signal. Adjust antennas (code 80004)."  This is unacceptable flight dynamics and not a reliable condition to be operating under. There was extensive damage and I expect DJI to make repairs at no charge.

2022-6-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

petereckle@gmail.com Posted at 6-19 05:30
I just experienced a flight failure with my Mavic Air 2. Not mor than 17 meters in the air and no more than 50 yards from the controller, the drone just fell on the roof of a building. The messagage seen after the fact said "weak image transmission signal. Adjust antennas (code 80004)."  This is unacceptable flight dynamics and not a reliable condition to be operating under. There was extensive damage and I expect DJI to make repairs at no charge.

if you like   post your flightlog > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2022-6-19
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

petereckle@gmail.com Posted at 6-19 05:30
I just experienced a flight failure with my Mavic Air 2. Not mor than 17 meters in the air and no more than 50 yards from the controller, the drone just fell on the roof of a building. The messagage seen after the fact said "weak image transmission signal. Adjust antennas (code 80004)."  This is unacceptable flight dynamics and not a reliable condition to be operating under. There was extensive damage and I expect DJI to make repairs at no charge.

Good luck with that
2022-6-19
Use props
djiuser_h02nhtw90jZS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 407890 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Hi, the same problem with my DJI Air 2 fell out the sky at 51ft and landed on solid concrete, however after viewing the flight log there was an error code 80004 on the DJI Fly application ( Weak image transmission signal. Adjust antennas ).
Dji will have to replace the broken drone.
2023-7-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_h02nhtw90jZS Posted at 7-31 16:51
Hi, the same problem with my DJI Air 2 fell out the sky at 51ft and landed on solid concrete, however after viewing the flight log there was an error code 80004 on the DJI Fly application ( Weak image transmission signal. Adjust antennas ).
Dji will have to replace the broken drone.

Did you notice the other posters posting their flight logs in this thread?
if you want to get assistance then thats the thing to do.
2023-7-31
Use props
djiuser_h02nhtw90jZS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 407890 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

petereckle@gmail.com Posted at 2022-6-19 05:30
I just experienced a flight failure with my Mavic Air 2. Not mor than 17 meters in the air and no more than 50 yards from the controller, the drone just fell on the roof of a building. The messagage seen after the fact said "weak image transmission signal. Adjust antennas (code 80004)."  This is unacceptable flight dynamics and not a reliable condition to be operating under. There was extensive damage and I expect DJI to make repairs at no charge.

Hi same thing happened to my DJI Air 2 with the same message did DJI replace or repair the Drone?
Rudolphjaghoo@gmail.com
2023-7-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_h02nhtw90jZS Posted at 7-31 19:56
Hi same thing happened to my DJI Air 2 with the same message did DJI replace or repair the Drone?
Rudolphjaghoo@gmail.com

Hi there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If your drone crashes. We suggest sending the drone for repair. You can use the following link to submit a repair request: https://www.dji.com/id/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. You can also contact us for further assistance using the same link. Have a great day ahead.
2023-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules