12Next >
12955 42 2022-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 249249 ft
United States

I've asked this before, but I don't think people understand what I'm asking.  Am I supposed to have pictures in the "app album" on my DJI RC?  If so, I do not.  That is the case whether or not I use a MicroSD card or not.  I have pictures, video, etc. on my Drone Album, but when I select "App Album" there is nothing there at all.  If I turn on cache, I do see low-res video files but no pictures whatsoever.  I've spent 4 days trying to figure this out.  Is my drone defective?

2022-6-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

No it is not.
No one, except DJI, knows why it is not possible. Hopefully they will fix it soon.
2022-6-18
Use props
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.3
United States

When I first click on a picture, it says "click here to download high resolution photos."  Then, when I select it, it says "downloading on remote controller not possible" or something like that.  To clarify, I cannot even view LOW RESOLUTION photos on my app album, much less high resolution. My mini 2 automatically stored low resolution photos on the Fly App.  I thought I have seen YouTube videos of people viewing photos on the app album for the mini 3.  Is it possible that some of us have "duds" and others do not?  Can ANYONE view photos on the "app album" on the RC?  Anyone who can please respond.
2022-6-18
Use props
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.3
United States

MySky Posted at 6-18 11:25
No it is not.
No one, except DJI, knows why it is not possible. Hopefully they will fix it soon.

Watch this video beginning at 8:04.  This video indicates you CAN download high resolution PHOTOS to the RC.  
2022-6-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Do you have a micro sd card in the RC?
2022-6-18
Use props
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.3
United States

I've tried it both WITH AND WITHOUT a micro SD card.  Same result either way.
2022-6-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN Posted at 6-18 11:49
Watch this video beginning at 8:04.  This video indicates you CAN download high resolution PHOTOS to the RC.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDyjDtOeWE

Photos yes, but not vidoes, even with an SD card installed.
Mybe it is related to the overheating issue.
2022-6-18
Use props
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.3
United States

Ok, I don't even have PHOTOS.  I assume my drone is defective and must be returned then.
2022-6-18
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Wifi and Bluetooth both on? Do you click the box with the up arrow? Try both of those.
2022-6-18
Use props
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.3
United States

Yes as to both.  Yes, when I click the box with the up arrow I get the error message that says "downloading files not supported on current remote controller."  I even fully reset the DJI RC, same result.
2022-6-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to plug in the said RC on the DJI Assistant 2 software and refresh/update the firmware to check if the issue persists? Please note that the microSD card placed on the DJI drone will save and record all photos and video clips in high quality. While the microSD card slot in the DJI RC is used to preview copies of the photos and videos that you have captured using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.
2022-6-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-18 23:07
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to plug in the said RC on the DJI Assistant 2 software and refresh/update the firmware to check if the issue persists? Please note that the microSD card placed on the DJI drone will save and record all photos and video clips in high quality. While the microSD card slot in the DJI RC is used to preview copies of the photos and videos that you have captured using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Thank you.

Hi DJI Paladin
It does not make sence to place a big SD card into the RC just for previews, especially if the Mini3P is still heating up if turned on and even in quick transfer.

Or is it related to that, that the RC is not able to playback huge 4K files due to that the RC has hardware limitations to playback those files or that it is only running a reduced Android 10 ?
2022-6-18
Use props
danyrr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2527425 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hello everyone. I have the same problem. My photos are not saved on the controller's SD card. The videos are saved in low resolution but the photos do not appear. I have contacted DJI but have not received a response.
2022-6-19
Use props
djiuser_UiOpbSlvbHqN
lvl.3
United States

danyrr Posted at 6-19 00:45
Hello everyone. I have the same problem. My photos are not saved on the controller's SD card. The videos are saved in low resolution but the photos do not appear. I have contacted DJI but have not received a response.

The feature was there for some people, at least at one point.  That is evidenced by the video I posted above.  
2022-6-19
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

It looks like they have removed it with the last FW update, or it a new bug.
2022-6-19
Use props
dripbillengeit
lvl.1
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 6-19 11:47
It looks like they have removed it with the last FW update, or it a new bug.

what is the status I have the same issue here.
2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_YzMq4Yhq1QJk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 625013 ft
Belgium

I've got my brand new Mini 3 since last week, and exactly the same problem. All files are stored on the SD card in the drone, but not all of them are in the app album (on the RC with SD card in it).
Seems like a bug.
2022-8-14
Use props
djiuser_ZXCO9mqwAThr
lvl.1

Portugal

I'm in a similar boat.

I bought my Mini 3 Pro a couple of months ago, and I'm pretty sure that every photo AND video was saved on RC's SD Card according to the cache limits (a low-resolution preview, that is). But at this moment, with both the aircraft and controller firmware fully updated to the latest version, low-resolution previews of photos/videos are no longer stored in the RC's SD Card (App Album shows completely empty).

This problem didn't exist a few firmware versions ago...
2022-8-14
Use props
djiuser_YzMq4Yhq1QJk
lvl.1
Belgium

djiuser_ZXCO9mqwAThr Posted at 8-14 01:10
I'm in a similar boat.

I bought my Mini 3 Pro a couple of months ago, and I'm pretty sure that every photo AND video was saved on RC's SD Card according to the cache limits (a low-resolution preview, that is). But at this moment, with both the aircraft and controller firmware fully updated to the latest version, low-resolution previews of photos/videos are no longer stored in the RC's SD Card (App Album shows completely empty).

Yep seems like buggy behavior from DJI.
My app album mostly shows the low-res video files but not all of them. And totally no pictures (and it's not caused by the filter settings). Strange random behavior of the sync between aircraft and RC.
Bit of a pity, like when using Airdata UAV you don't have the media data because of this.
2022-8-15
Use props
jay2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130049 ft
United States

Same here! Any fix yet?
2022-8-15
Use props
jay2020
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1130049 ft
United States

I am having the same issues as well! It worked before I did the latest update. I messaged DJI on a couple different platforms but no response. I will be very dissapointed if this doesn't get fixed. Why have a smart controller if I can't view my images? I have to go home and take out the SD card each time, that sucks.
2022-8-15
Use props
djiuser_mAXsGxJ0NbvN
New
Flight distance : 583655 ft
Israel

Same issue, hope they will fix it soon
2022-8-15
Use props
enricorc_cz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609390 ft
Czechia

Yes, it's same problem at me.... I was surprised why there are no previews... So it's a new bug.
2022-8-16
Use props
djiuser_YzMq4Yhq1QJk
lvl.1
Belgium

Removing the app album in the latest DJI Fly app version released today?!
Still have to check it out ...

2022-8-17
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

djiuser_YzMq4Yhq1QJk Posted at 8-17 11:41
Removing the app album in the latest DJI Fly app version released today?!
Still have to check it out ...

But not valid for the DJI RC.
2022-8-17
Use props
NewbieDronesUK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29101 ft
United Kingdom

I'm also having this issue with my mini 3 Pro RC

Latest firmware v01.00.0300 and updated again yesterday (12 September 2022) just to check.
Also formatted the memory card in the controller and tried again.

Took 1 photo, 1 video.  Only the video was saved to the controller cache (in the slightly strangely labelled 'app folder').

Also last week I shot loads of video footage, and only 2 files appeared in the cache.  I'd taken about 8 videos, and 2 panos, and only 2 videos showed in cache.  I just assumed I'd made a mistake and not pressed record or something, and was pretty upset that I didn't get my footage as I was travelling and could only check opn the controller.  But the good news was when I got home it was all on the SD card on the drone itself.

Am pretty sure when I first got the drone a few months back that I could see photos and videos in the cache.  So I guess somethings gone wrong along the way.

I'm using a 32GB Sandisk ultra (which was one of the DJI recommended ones).

At the end of the day knowing you have the footage on the drone is the most important, but this is a bit worrying.  Firstly because you can't review anything without having the drone powered and getting hot and using battery, and the second is that you think you've lost footage.

Would love to see a fix to this.
2022-9-12
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

I was never able to preview pictures, even on my Mini 1
2022-9-13
Use props
djiuser_pbwJTc4NeXtr
New

United Kingdom

Wow I went got some great footage got home cant download it from the APP ALBUM and only my videos are there non of my pics I have never had this issue before but was updated yesterday and now issues how do you download from app album and where have my pics gone please help!!!!!
2022-9-14
Use props
oscardog#1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

dripbillengeit Posted at 6-24 01:47
what is the status I have the same issue here.

Hi I found I had the same problem.I scratched my old head ,went through all settings etc and found that cache settings was set to automatic ,I then tried all the other settings and the album problem was solved ,So have a look at your cache settings ....regards .CR.
2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_YzMq4Yhq1QJk
lvl.1
Belgium

Yesterday I've updated the RC to v1.7.4

There's now a message related to video cache only (= no change to the previous version).
The pictures are not synched at all.
So it looks to me no change with the newest version, except for the notification message about the video cache.

2022-9-19
Use props
BaronVonScheele
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same here, NO photos on RC SD card, just video previews. Very annoying. Although my Mini 3 pro and RC controller are brand new, so i had to download latest firmware.

This needs to be fixed asap. terrible experience for a brand new drone, when my mini 2 worked flawlessly.
2023-3-8
Use props
mkaut
lvl.1
Norway

I have a similar problem, don't know if it is related: since October 2022, no new pictures (or videos)  appear when I connect my drone to either RC or the DJI Fly app on my phone (Android).
I have to take the SD card out of the drone to get the pictures - is this a known problem?
2023-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mkaut Posted at 3-19 09:17
I have a similar problem, don't know if it is related: since October 2022, no new pictures (or videos)  appear when I connect my drone to either RC or the DJI Fly app on my phone (Android).
I have to take the SD card out of the drone to get the pictures - is this a known problem?

Hi there, may I confirm if you mean there is no picture/video showing on the Playback page when the drone is linking to the DJI RC? Could you please provide us with a video showing this issue for our further confirmation? You may also upgrade the firmware to the latest version to see if the issue still exists.
2023-3-20
Use props
mkaut
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-20 01:01
Hi there, may I confirm if you mean there is no picture/video showing on the Playback page when the drone is linking to the DJI RC? Could you please provide us with a video showing this issue for our further confirmation? You may also upgrade the firmware to the latest version to see if the issue still exists.

I am not sure what you mean by "Playback page", so I try to explain instead.
When I connect to the drone and choose to view the Album, then "DJI Mini 3 Pro" tab shows only pictures and videos up to October 2022, nothing newer.
This is true both from the DJI app on mobile (Android) and from the DJI RC.

The only exception is when I connect to the drone right after a flight (before switching it off), I see pictures and videos from the flight and can download them - but they are gone next time I start the drone...

According to the DJI app and DJI RC, both the drone firmware and the apps are up to date.
2023-4-3
Use props
stickyboi08
New

Philippines

im having the same problem with my DJI mini 3 pro. After flight, when i tried viewing the album theres no photo/video. i was thinking if i insert the memory card to computer does my files be there?
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mkaut Posted at 4-3 08:56
I am not sure what you mean by "Playback page", so I try to explain instead.
When I connect to the drone and choose to view the Album, then "DJI Mini 3 Pro" tab shows only pictures and videos up to October 2022, nothing newer.
This is true both from the DJI app on mobile (Android) and from the DJI RC.

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I ask if the current app and RC firmware are up to date? You can download it through this link. https://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro?s ... p;from=landing_page If possible, please reinstall the app to see if it works. If there is a spare SD card, please also test with another SD card. If the issue still exists, please record a screen recording for our further confirmation.
2023-4-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

stickyboi08 Posted at 4-7 01:55
im having the same problem with my DJI mini 3 pro. After flight, when i tried viewing the album theres no photo/video. i was thinking if i insert the memory card to computer does my files be there?

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I ask if the issue still exists? Can you check the videos/photos on the SD card through a computer?
2023-4-9
Use props
mkaut
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-9 04:13
Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I ask if the issue still exists? Can you check the videos/photos on the SD card through a computer?

Yes, I am having the same problem, even I have now got a new drone (via DJI Refresh) and updated both the drone, the RC and the app to their latest versions.

In addition, the new drone started numbering pictures from DJI_217 - which is the first picture missing when I connect to the drone. (In other words, when I connect to the drone, it shows media up to DJI_216, even if the last picture is DJI_380.)
In other words, the new drone seems to ignore all media after DJI_216 and actually starts to write over them!
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

mkaut Posted at 5-20 11:25
Yes, I am having the same problem, even I have now got a new drone (via DJI Refresh) and updated both the drone, the RC and the app to their latest versions.

In addition, the new drone started numbering pictures from DJI_217 - which is the first picture missing when I connect to the drone. (In other words, when I connect to the drone, it shows media up to DJI_216, even if the last picture is DJI_380.)

Hi there, may I ask if the pictures are saved to the drone's internal storage or the SD card?
Do you mean the new pictures taken by this new drone start from DJI_217? Did you change/format the SD card?
2023-5-21
Use props
mkaut
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 5-21 00:15
Hi there, may I ask if the pictures are saved to the drone's internal storage or the SD card?
Do you mean the new pictures taken by this new drone start from DJI_217? Did you change/format the SD card?

The pictures are saved on a SD card (128 GB).

I have only taken 4 pictures with the new drone, and their numbers started from DJI_0217.*
Moreover, I have now checked the file dates and it looks like the over-writing has happened several times before: I still see the original files, as I was taking DNG+JPG then and later switched to JPG-only, so I have DNG versions of the old files.

Therefore I can see that original DJI_0217.* - DJI_0244.* were all taken on 2022-10-16, but now I have:
- DJI_0217.JPG - DJI_0220.JPG are the latest 4 pictures, taken yesterday
- DJI_0218.MP4 from 2023-04-02
- DJI_0219.MP4 from 2023-04-20
Note that this means that I have 3 items called DJI_0219.*, from 3 different dates:
- .DNG version of the original pictures from October 2022
- .MP4 (and corresponding .SRT) from April
- .JPG from May
I can see those because they use different file formats - this means that I have most likely lost some pictures/videos, without any trace.

To summarize, the drone seems to act as if there were no media after DJI_0216, always starting from DJI_0217, and showing files only up to DJI_0216 when I connect to it from the app. (Except when I connect directly after the flight, before switching the drone off - then it shows pictures from the last flight as well.)

Since the problem persists after switching a drone, problem is not there.

This is the only card I have used in the drone and I did not format it. I did delete some pictures though and it is possible that I did it directly on the SD card (using a laptop) - could this cause the problem?

Anyway, I have now copied everything from the SD card and was thinking to format it and see what happens - or do you have another suggestion?
2023-5-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules