Ronin SC Tilt Drifting
1793 1 2022-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EPthedude
New

United States

I recently purchased a Ronin-SC gimbal to use for my sony a6100 with the sony 18-105 lens. However, whenever I go to use it, the camera will tilt down when I lower the gimbal and tilt upwards when I raise it. Although I can try to use the joystick to correct it, I don't think it was intended to do that. Pretty sure the camera is supposed to maintain its orientation when you raise or lower it. Although the lens is heavier than the camera, the Ronin app says that its perfectly balanced on the gimbal. I tried using the app's motor parameter autotuning and that doesn't help, as the tilt drifting still seems to occur, and sometimes the autotuning makes the gimbal worse, often vibrating and twisting up. I tried tweaking the motor parameters myself, but nothing is seeming to work. Does anybody have a possible fix to this issue?
2022-6-18
Use props
EPthedude
New

United States

Solved the problem. It apparently wasn't a bug, but a feature. If you go into the DJI App while connected to your gimbal and into the user profile section, the default setting is "Pan/Tilt follow", meaning it tries to follow the movement in both pan and tilt direction, which results in the gimbal tilting upwards when the gimbal is raised and tilting downwards when the gimbal is lowered. If you don't want the tilt to drift, just change the setting in the dropdown to "pan follow" so that the tilt stays level to the ground.
2022-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules