Dji Phantom 3 standard Xtal problem?
501 1 2022-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans783a9155
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1821 ft

Finland

I got two used and scrapped Phantom 3 Standard drones that both had crashed. The first one I got working immediately by replacing the broken gray cable between the aircraft and the gimbal supplying the gimbal with power (interesting almost complete disassembly needed). The successful repair of drone #1 also prooved that the controller of drone #2 wasn't the problem. I linked the second controller successfully to the first drone and drone #1 has been in the air again.

The second drone seems to have the camera working ie I get video on the Dji Go app but no control and re-sync doesn't work with no light in the sync led (completely dark, no light). I think the drone was crashed by the previous owner but I don't know the history. My guess is that the 5.8 GHz receiver on the mother board is completely dead. Looking at the mother board through microscope I didn't find any faults. I think the most probable cause after a crash would be a damaged 16MHz chrystal.
Question: Any similar experiences? Does anybody know a source for the exact 16MHz chrystal (T160MnLD) or will any SMD 16 MHz chrystal work? Searching for an exact match based on code printed on the chrystal didn't provide a result.

Notice!
This is a plain hobby project trying to get an ancient drone to fly again. I presently have two perfectly working Phantom 3 Advanced drones so there is no urgency. I am pretty sure the easiest solution is to replace the whole aircraft's mother board but having the means of changing surface mount components makes a possible repair more interesting.  Ideas are welcome.

2022-6-19
Use props
fans783a9155
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1821 ft

Finland

The chrystal is the small metal component in the upper left hand corner of the controller circuit (the narrow area enclosed in metal, the shield lid is removed in the picture). The component is marked T160MnLD in this airplane.
2022-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules