Mini 3 pro upgrade. Where to stick my ViFly Strobe?
3479 6 2022-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zoltaacuten Fuumlzesi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218235 ft
Hungary

Hi everyone,

I just lost my lovely mini 3 pro it fell into the bush and we never could find it because it turned himself off while we were searching for it because of overheating. I thought a mini strobe light could enhance our chances to find it in a situation like this especially when it is getting dark and also it could be useful for better visibility at low light conditions. ViFly makes a very tiny strobe that weights only 6 gramms. DJI did not recommend to use anything like this on the mini since it might affect its flying capabilities but I think that 6 gramms (since the high capacity battery weigths 40 gramms more than the regular one anyways) should not be such a problem. It could however interfere with the gps antenna so do you know where is it located on the mini 3 pro? I would not want to stick this thing on top of it but also it should be on a good position so the aircraft is well balanced... do you guys have any experience with this? I would also wonder the same thing on the Mavic 2 Pro, I would like to light that up as well.

2022-6-19
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

2022-6-19
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

wa.jesse07 Posted at 6-19 11:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQm6eOigiNw&t=582s

If you take a look at this video you can see where the GPS is
2022-6-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Zoltaacuten Fuumlzesi. I am sorry to read and to know about what happened to your DJI Mini 3 Pro and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have attached a strobe light on there DJI drone can give out the best recommendation and information on where they have placed this accessory on there DJI drone. Thank you and fly safe always.
2022-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In the fly app tap profile, and on the right hand side near the bottom there is find my drone,  it will show you where it last was recorded.
2022-6-19
Use props
Zoltan Fuzesi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 218235 ft
Hungary

DAFlys Posted at 6-19 23:25
In the fly app tap profile, and on the right hand side near the bottom there is find my drone,  it will show you where it last was recorded.

That is what I used plus the gps coordinates I received from the DJI support. Interestingly there was about 20 metres difference between the two spots on the map (between the RC and google maps) however the bush and trees were so huge there that it was impossible to find the drone even that we tried several days, pushing down the grass, flying over the area and searching it with another drone... still no luck.

But thanks to great customer service at DJI, they investigated my case and since it was flying under GPS control but crashed because of an unexpected engine failure, I got a Flyaway case and as a result they sent me a brand new drone and even a memory card that was also lost in the aircraft as well!
I got all the help I could ever needed. I have never seen such a great customer service ever, with any other companies! Thank you DJI!

And as a thank you, I just purchased the new double DJI MIC instead of the Rode Wireless II which I planned first, and also DJI care for my mini 3 pro just in case I might do something stupid in the air next time, and not the drone who decides to commit suicide. Just for you guys to know at DJI, it is worth to stand behind your products and care about your customers!
2022-6-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zoltan Fuzesi Posted at 6-27 09:17
That is what I used plus the gps coordinates I received from the DJI support. Interestingly there was about 20 metres difference between the two spots on the map (between the RC and google maps) however the bush and trees were so huge there that it was impossible to find the drone even that we tried several days, pushing down the grass, flying over the area and searching it with another drone... still no luck.

But thanks to great customer service at DJI, they investigated my case and since it was flying under GPS control but crashed because of an unexpected engine failure, I got a Flyaway case and as a result they sent me a brand new drone and even a memory card that was also lost in the aircraft as well!

That's brilliant new.   
2022-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules