Video/Photo file transfer
2481 3 2022-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidy61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57037 ft
Australia

I am quite new to the drone flying, video/photo scene, so please be gentle with your answers.

I took my Mini 3 Pro out yesterday for the first time and took a couple of photos and some video footage.

At this stage i left everything on Auto. Probably because right now it is way to confusing to me to change any settings on the fly

When i got home, I ejected the SD card from the drone, put into an adapter and used my PC to copy the files from the SD card to my PC where i viewed and played with them to create a video using Openshot.  I am happy how that went since it was the first time i have used any video editing software.

I then deleted the video/photos from the card and put the SD card back into my drone.

My questions:
Is this the best way to get files from the drone to the PC?
Should i have deleted the files from the SD card in the PC if i did not want them on the card anymore or should i have done it some other way?  If so, how?
Should i reformat the card in the drone to delete the files or set it up for my next flight?  If so, how?

There are hundreds of youtube videos about active track, poor range, quickshots, etc but none that i can find (and i have watched way too many) on file transfers and the questions that i have asked above.

Thanks for any help
David

2022-6-19
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the Mini 3 is located a USB-C port and if you own a USB-C to USB-C adapter or any adapter really that has one side of it a USB-C to any port that can connect to your PC. You can plug it into the drone and into your PC and make sure the drone is on and you can download photos or videos from their. And then when it comes to deleting photos on an micro Da card you can just format the card from the drone itself under either control or information in settings and it will delete any photos from the card.

Hope this was helpful if not just reply any questions.
2022-6-19
Use props
davidy61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57037 ft
Australia

Thanks Fred,

I plugged the Mini 3 into my PC via USB A-USB C cable, nothing.

Then i thought maybe i should turn the drone on first.

I got 2 drives showing.

One is the SD card and one internal storage looking at the space in the properties.

Does the Mini 3 save to internal or SD and move over stuff once internal full, or do i need to choose to use just the SD and if so, where?

Thanks
David

PS, i see you have a mad cat in your avatar too
2022-6-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The best was is to remove the SD card and transfer that way,   the Mini3 will overheat if left on for any length of time and will auto power itself off.   There is a tiny amount of internal storage that can be used if you don't have an SD card.  The other option is the Quick Transfer if you want to get something to your phone.  
2022-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules