mavic mini malfunctioned and crashed itself
2059 5 2022-6-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_eZDwlA0l4xuK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156184 ft
Canada

I have been using drone for past two years. Never had an issue before like I had today. While flying it for over three minutes the drone just malfunctioned and crashed itself. It was giving me error of max power load reached, so was trying to get the control to land it. But it wasn't responding to my controls rather it took off and crashed itself. It was in daylight , no strong wind , and within the sight. This was not a pilot error so I would like to start the case to analyse the flight data. This is really frustrating that when we are careful flying the drone and the it just crash itself.
Please let me know if I can get a replacement of for the drone which crashed not because of pilot error. Please let me know what further action to take.
2022-6-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I feel sorry to hear about the mishap, I understand your frustration with this case. For the drone, may I know if you would retrieve it back? If the drone was retrieved, please send it back to our repair center for service.
You can click https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair to start an online repair case.
A warm reminder, we provide free data analysis and warranty service if the drone is under the warranty period, if the drone is beyond the warranty period, we are sorry that a paid service is required. Apologize again for the situation.
2022-6-19
Use props
Akorade
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156184 ft
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 6-19 19:19
Hi there, I feel sorry to hear about the mishap, I understand your frustration with this case. For the drone, may I know if you would retrieve it back? If the drone was retrieved, please send it back to our repair center for service.
You can click https://www.dji.com/us/service/repair to start an online repair case.
A warm reminder, we provide free data analysis and warranty service if the drone is under the warranty period, if the drone is beyond the warranty period, we are sorry that a paid service is required. Apologize again for the situation.

Hi Susan,
I am so not happy that we provide free services only if the drone is in warranty period , but in fact so many things can go wrong with the drone past warranty and the most important is the software releases which can be buggy. How can a trust be formed in that case. I literrall6 saw the drone in front of my eyes approaching the wall In speed and me trying to operate the remote to stop it from doing it , unfortunately I could not as I had already lost the control and it didn’t stop the drone.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Akorade@gmail.com Posted at 6-20 19:33
Hi Susan,
I am so not happy that we provide free services only if the drone is in warranty period , but in fact so many things can go wrong with the drone past warranty and the most important is the software releases which can be buggy. How can a trust be formed in that case. I literrall6 saw the drone in front of my eyes approaching the wall In speed and me trying to operate the remote to stop it from doing it , unfortunately I could not as I had already lost the control and it didn’t stop the drone.

Hi, there. We understand your concerns and issues as it is described. For any kind of electronic devices, the components will degrade after time of use, thus a warranty period is provided to guarantee the performance of a component or product only for a certain period of time. Based on usual usage of our products and with the test data we collected during design and manufacture of our products, we carefully set a warranty period for all of our products. We are confident the product should continously perform as designed within the warranty period, and we will cover the cost of repair and service if needed due to product malfunction when happened within the warranty period. However, a product might malfunction after the warranty period due to unforeseeable reasons and normal degradation. This type of malfunction will not be covered by the warranty.

We are sorry to inform you that if your product is out of warranty, a certain repair fee might be invoiced. The details of the repair cost will be sent to you after coming back to our repair center. If you have any questions, you can contact us at any time.
2022-6-21
Use props
djiuser_X7rwhhmYFXyS
New

United Kingdom

Hello everyone, I was thinking I am the only one who had this problem with my Dji 2 mini SE2. It stopped working in the air and even the find my drone did not work, luckily the drone was in my sight and i found it and send it for verification. Hopefully you resolved your problem and the DJI helped you .
2-6 12:07
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_X7rwhhmYFXyS Posted at 2-6 12:07
Hello everyone, I was thinking I am the only one who had this problem with my Dji 2 mini SE2. It stopped working in the air and even the find my drone did not work, luckily the drone was in my sight and i found it and send it for verification. Hopefully you resolved your problem and the DJI helped you .

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I checked your case by using your forum account and found that your package was just received today at our facility. Please rest assured that your case will be handled accordingly and our relevant team will send you a separate email after every step of the process. You can also check the case progress anytime here: https://repair.dji.com/us/trace/other-search?from=caselist
2-6 17:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules