3375 31 2022-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9HLBkzIeVvEY
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4977448 ft
Australia

Hi

Since the latest firmware update I've had the Dji Fly app crash 4 times while I'm flying my Mini 3 Pro.

I think it has only happens as I've tried to end a video recording. I then get separate flight logs too.

Any ideas?  It's very disconcerting.

Screen capture of a couple of incidents :

2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message or error code on the DJI Fly application when this is happening and may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2022-6-20
Use props
djiuser_9HLBkzIeVvEY
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-20 00:10
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message or error code on the DJI Fly application when this is happening and may we also please know what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.

Thanks for the quick response.  

I'm using the new DJI RC Controller that came with the mini 3 pro without a mobile phone.

I'm not getting any errors I've noticed. I can provide the full screen capture which includes onscreen errors if they exist.

The app is restarting itself automatically.
2022-6-20
Use props
fans52a150df
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_9HLBkzIeVvEY Posted at 6-20 00:13

I'm using the new DJI RC Controller that came with the mini 3 pro without a mobile phone.

The same thing has been happening to me - it usually happens either when recording or when using ActiveTrack, though I've only done a handful of flights so far in the 3 days I've had it, but it's probably crashed about 5 times.  Fortunately the RTH button still works and the controls work for landing but the app continually crashes.
2022-6-20
Use props
djiuser_9HLBkzIeVvEY
lvl.2
Australia

I've had mine for over a month and I've only had the issue since the latest firmware update.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_9HLBkzIeVvEY Posted at 6-20 00:13

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Kindly please provide some screenshots that includes onscreen errors and I will forward these issue to the designated DJI department for evaluation. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-6-21
Use props
sean.w.walsh
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 21:04
Hi there. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Kindly please provide some screenshots that includes onscreen errors and I will forward these issue to the designated DJI department for evaluation. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

I'm NOT getting any on-screen errors as previously stated.

The app just dies, the screen goes blank for a few seconds and then the DJI Fly app starts again by itself.

This video above shows this.
2022-6-21
Use props
sean.w.walsh
lvl.2
Australia

Complete video of a flight with crashes is here.

check instances at
2:53
7:40

2022-6-21
Use props
fans52a150df
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Kindly please provide some screenshots that includes onscreen errors and I will forward these issue to the designated DJI department for evaluation. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Hello, mine as well doesn't show any onscreen errors - the app freezes and the screen is black and I need to reset the controller and restart the app.
2022-6-22
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sean.w.walsh@gmail.com Posted at 6-21 22:19
Complete video of a flight with crashes is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXFzho4JZIc

What SD card are you using and where did you buy it?
2022-6-22
Use props
sean.w.walsh
lvl.2
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 6-22 01:58
What SD card are you using and where did you buy it?

Good Question:  I'm using a "Silicon Power Superior V30 A2 4K/UHD"  64GB microSD. I bought 2 of these at a local computer store, (Australia - Umart). I use the identical card in the drone and it works fine recording 4k60fps.

The screen recording is so low res I don't think it should be the card write speed.

I've had the same card in the RC since new and I didn't have a problem until the latest firmware.

Worth also saying that I've had a few recent sucessful flights without any incidents. Maybe had 5-6 app crashes in total now over the course of a week.

I haven't tried doing a software reset of the controller yet.
2022-6-22
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

sean.w.walsh@gmail.com Posted at 6-22 03:48
Good Question:  I'm using a "Silicon Power Superior V30 A2 4K/UHD"  64GB microSD. I bought 2 of these at a local computer store, (Australia - Umart). I use the identical card in the drone and it works fine recording 4k60fps.

The screen recording is so low res I don't think it should be the card write speed.

I don't know that brand, it could be a cheap Chinese SD card that does not meet the specs. Amazon is also full of knockoffs.

I buy Sandisk from I-Tech.com.au I have never had an issue with those.

2022-6-26
Use props
Hartmut_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47152 ft
Germany

Hi Sean and fans52a150df, thanks for sharing these problems! Good to hear that RTH still works, so it is a severe nuisance but not a flight risk, right? I hope, DJI will provide an update soon. I find it hard to believe that a faulty SD-Card should cause the app to crash. If the drone can't write to the card due to speed issues or corrupted segments it should provide error messages like "Can not write ...." or simply abort recording but not crash completely.
I would appreciate it if you could update us on any developments especially workarounds etc if you discover any.
Good luck!
2022-6-26
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have not encounter this problem myself but have seen others and one of the solution was to use DJI Assistant 2 and reinstall the firmware. Hope that helps.
2022-6-26
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Kindly please provide some screenshots that includes onscreen errors and I will forward these issue to the designated DJI department for evaluation. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Same issue here.
No warning, no error message, nothing.
The screen just turned BLACK, then app restarted. Impossible to see anything for around 30 seconds.

New RC with screen, updated 1.6.6, all updated...
2022-6-29
Use props
djiuser_RH9I52yBbm2m
New

United Kingdom

The App on my DJI mini 3 pro keeps crashing while in flight, no errors the app just stops responding and I only got the drone yesterday
2022-7-10
Use props
dshinsel
lvl.2
United States

Same problem - More info:
FIRST FLIGHT of new Mini 3 Pro. Updated all firmware, etc.

Approx 1/2 way through flight, the controller stopped responding. Frozen screen.  After a short time (maybe 30 seconds?) Dialog box said:
"DJI Fly isn't responding."

I closed the app and it restarted, then reconnected to the drone.
Glad my battery wasn't low and I wasn't over water!
Temperature was mild (70 degrees Fahrenheit), controller and drone were not hot.

FAA / USA mode (flying in USA)
Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0201
RC Firmware: 01.01.0000
FlySafe Database: 01.00.01.27
Standard "Ultra Light Battery" that came with the drone installed

NOTE:  (This may not have anything to do with the problem, but...) New SD Cards in Drone and Controller, may not have been initialized?
(not clear if some manual SD Card initialization steps are needed?)

Second flight with "Plus" battery worked fine, so *Hoping* this is just a first time after firmware update thing?

Picture attached

2022-7-10
Use props
dshinsel
lvl.2
United States

dshinsel Posted at 7-10 13:31

SD Card was new high-end SanDisk Extreme 256GB (V30, [3] A2)
2022-7-10
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

dshinsel Posted at 7-10 13:31

I also had the app freezing once and got that pop up.

Should we tap "Close App"?
Had the drone "RTH", would restarting the app affect the RTH?

I ignored that pop up, and the app restarted anyways, while the RTH beeps continues.

How about turn off and on the RC while the drone is in flight if I am out of options and nothing else works?   Will it reconnect?   
Though I have a feeling that this is a bad idea....
2022-7-10
Use props
seaanow18
lvl.2
Australia

@Geo_Drone That sounds exactly like my issue.  (BTW I haven't had the issue since the latest firmware update.    )
Based on that, I definately think that a factory reset of the controller or using DJI Assistant 2 to reinstall firmware as suggested by @Wiz33 might be worth trying.

@dshinsel @djiuser_RH9I52yBbm2m & @nosnoop the behaviour you describe is a little different to my experience. In my case the DJI Fly app was crashing and then automatically restarting in pretty rapid time, check the video.
2022-7-10
Use props
dshinsel
lvl.2
United States

seaanow18 Posted at 7-10 18:31
@Geo_Drone That sounds exactly like my issue.  (BTW I haven't had the issue since the latest firmware update.    )
Based on that, I definately think that a factory reset of the controller or using DJI Assistant 2 to reinstall firmware as suggested by @Wiz33 might be worth trying.

Thanks for the info. I will try factory reset of RC to see if that helps.

More Info:  It just crashed again today ( "Not Responding" message )
This time it was while I was switching from "Map Mode" to "Video Mode".

It might just be when too much is going on it hangs?  Not related to SD card I think.
2022-7-13
Use props
djiuser_VsOHzqHkJJ3o
New
United States

dshinsel Posted at 7-13 14:02
Thanks for the info. I will try factory reset of RC to see if that helps.

More Info:  It just crashed again today ( "Not Responding" message )

Mine does the same since latest firmware. App not responding.  After app restarts its very slow. Shutting down controller fixes it. Was perfect u til latest firmware
2022-7-16
Use props
JMCANZO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 305581 ft
United States

djiuser_VsOHzqHkJJ3o Posted at 7-16 11:23
Mine does the same since latest firmware. App not responding.  After app restarts its very slow. Shutting down controller fixes it. Was perfect u til latest firmware

when did you last update.... There is a dji fly app update from a day or 2 ago...

it addresses this issue
2022-7-16
Use props
Jason_M
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178816 ft
Australia

Is there any solutions to this. I have a DJI RC Pro and updated to latest firmware,. last night 1.00.0800 ...seems like the solution is to reset the controller to factory settings?
2022-9-15
Use props
seaanow18
lvl.2
Australia

As the OP, I only had this issue with a specific firmware which was updated weeks ago. It has not reappeared since then for me.
2022-9-15
Use props
juliusgadoncreative
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28015 ft
Philippines

After updating RC to the latest firmware my screen Crashed or Glitchy  I can still control the tilting up and down of gimbal, already sent my RC unit to DJI repair center in our country for warranty. anyone here have experienced the same problem?
306324850_5878133875544600_1223170049210636797_n.jpg
307211274_5878133575544630_6011468736284589325_n.jpg
2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_lAbzj41yAhU1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 669948 ft
United States

this i had been happening to ever since u updated the controller no matter what you press the app crashes
2022-9-25
Use props
mattyd58
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164997 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have same problem. I downgraded firmware using Assistent app.
2022-10-7
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

I’m trying to figure out why this issue has not been resolved yet. I’m flying a DJI Air 2S with the RC Pro Controller. It’s been great up until a week or so ago when every time a manned aircraft was in the area, Air Sense would alert me with “Fly Cautiously…” every time it announced that alert, the DJI Fly app crashed and rebooted itself.  This would continue until the aircraft was no longer in the area.

Yesterday I needed to fly and while waiting for the satellites to come on board, the app was working like it should. Once I launched, the Fly App was crashing constantly! I needed to set way points and I couldn’t because it was steady crashing and this time there was no aircraft nearby! Im attaching a video to show the app crashing while the drone was in the air! Please fix this issue!!!

Im using Fly App v1.7.5
FlySafe Database 01.00.01.27
Aircraft FW: 02.04.2190
RC FW: 03.01.0900
2022-10-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Chuck1906 Posted at 10-12 11:09
I’m trying to figure out why this issue has not been resolved yet. I’m flying a DJI Air 2S with the RC Pro Controller. It’s been great up until a week or so ago when every time a manned aircraft was in the area, Air Sense would alert me with “Fly Cautiously…” every time it announced that alert, the DJI Fly app crashed and rebooted itself.  This would continue until the aircraft was no longer in the area.

Yesterday I needed to fly and while waiting for the satellites to come on board, the app was working like it should. Once I launched, the Fly App was crashing constantly! I needed to set way points and I couldn’t because it was steady crashing and this time there was no aircraft nearby! Im attaching a video to show the app crashing while the drone was in the air! Please fix this issue!!!

You can either turn AirSense off or revert to Fly 1.7.0. I, personally, reverted. That is the only way at the moment to maintain AirSense.
2022-10-12
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-12 11:14
You can either turn AirSense off or revert to Fly 1.7.0. I, personally, reverted. That is the only way at the moment to maintain AirSense.

Yea I noticed after I changed the sensitivity high risk to either medium or low risk, its crashing the app. I may set it back to how I had it and see if that was it and if it continues to crash I have no choice then to revert to an older version.
2022-10-12
Use props
djiuser_cOAfnZMUZhy7
lvl.1
Greece

Dji fly app is crashing when tapping the screen on RC to update home point. The app crashes, pop up message says " dji app keeps on stopping" and then reloads.
Just set up my new mini 3 pro
2022-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules