o(^-^)o
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

As I received my Freewell All day 6 pack filters for the Mini 3 Pro,
Freewell just announced on their Instagram that they're working on a All Day Bright pack!
It looks like it's a ND/PL filter set.

10B719BF-D770-4C44-91AC-A79CCD5F9B9B.jpeg
2022-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant.  Thanks for sharing. .  
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mini-G. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-6-20
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Great that there is some progress, because i already saw them anounced on the freewell.de shop 3 weeks ago.
Delivery here should start July 6. Hopfully they keep that date.
2022-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing Mini.
2022-6-20
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-20 03:28
Thanks for sharing Mini.

I got confirmation from Freewell that these are polarised ND filters.
It's a little annoying, as I just received my Freewell shipment of the "All Day Filters", which are all NDs.

Although sometimes, it's simpler flying with NDs.
2022-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini-G Posted at 6-20 06:17
I got confirmation from Freewell that these are polarised ND filters.
It's a little annoying, as I just received my Freewell shipment of the "All Day Filters", which are all NDs.

Yeah, the ones in shipment to me are all ND and not polarised ND.  
2022-6-20
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

As i got never really familiar with the ND/PL filters for my MA2, i ordered the  "All Day Filters" and a "UV filter" today on Ali Express for a good price and Freewell additionally offered a coupon, so i got the "UV filter" nearly for free.
And the best thing is, the filters will arrive 3 weeks earlier than they are available in the shops or on Amazon in Germany.
2022-6-20
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Today is my happy day.
My filters have arrived after 9 days since placing the order and the first start up just showed zebra stripes all over the screen.
Seems that the Mini3P was shocked with it's new sunglasses, but switching to manual and back to auto right after, solved the issue and the mini became familiar with it's new sunglasses.
After a test on a bright overcast and warm day with  blue sky / sunny spots they performed as expected and the colors looked much better in photo and video modes.
2022-6-29
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MySky Posted at 6-29 07:14
Today is my happy day.
My filters have arrived after 9 days since placing the order and the first start up just showed zebra stripes all over the screen.  
Seems that the Mini3P was shocked with it's new sunglasses, but switching to manual and back to auto right after, solved the issue and the mini became familiar with it's new sunglasses.

Which one did you get?
2022-7-1
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Mini-G Posted at 7-1 07:38
Which one did you get?

All Day Pack and UV filters.
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MySky Posted at 7-1 08:06
All Day Pack and UV filters.

Nice one! I might get the Bright day pack…
Although, I’m hanging out for a VND pack
2022-7-1
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Mini-G Posted at 7-1 08:23
Nice one! I might get the Bright day pack…
Although, I’m hanging out for a VND pack

I bought the bright day pack for the MA2, but never really used them because it is too much fiddeling around with those PL filters to get the right angle if taking videos, what i mostly do.
Maybe i will buy the single CPL if it will be available some day.
But it was a good job done by Freewell to add markers for vertical and horizontal usage on the PL filters.
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

MySky Posted at 7-1 08:45
I bought the bright day pack for the MA2, but never really used them because it is too much fiddeling around with those PL filters to get the right angle if taking videos, what i mostly do.
Maybe i will buy the single CPL if it will be available some day.
But it was a good job done by Freewell to add markers for vertical and horizontal usage on the PL filters.

I did the same for the MA2s. Then when the Variable ND filters came out, I rarely change my default filter
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

Just a follow up and posting a review for these filters:

2022-7-9
Use props
Burstmode
lvl.4
Flight distance : 258379 ft
United States

This is a completely dishonest shill.  He thinks you're a clueless moron.

He "compares": unprocessed video shot without a filter, versus video that has had both a filter used AND has had a LUT applied in post-processing software.

There's no way to know what difference (if any) that the filter made, and what difference the post-processing color tweaks made.  So the "comparisons" are completely useless, and fundamentally dishonest.

ANY video or still image can be "improved" (made to look "better") using software to tweak colors, pull detail from shadows, etc.  Nothing new about that.

Freewell may make some really good filters -- I'll probably buy some myself.  But the video linked above is extremely deceptive and dishonest (apparently intentionally), and tells me nothing about how well the filters work.

Every video posted on YouTube should have some "Warning - Fake News" watermark overlayed across it.  Dishonestly has become so prevalent and ubiquitous that people have forgotten what objective truth looks like or that it even exists.  Greed and self-promotion are a cancer on humanity.  Ptooey!
2022-7-9
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Burstmode Posted at 7-9 08:27

He "compares": unprocessed video shot without a filter, versus video that has had both a filter used AND has had a LUT applied in post-processing software.

Thanks for the heads up.
I didn’t notice he was apply a LUT
2022-7-9
Use props
Chad B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4738317 ft
  • >>>
United States

Burstmode Posted at 7-9 08:27

There was nothing dishonest about this.  There were tags on the screen telling you that a LUT applied so I don't know how that's being deceptive.  Also, I recorded all comparison shots in D-cinelike (both auto and pro settings) and was manually corrected through FCPX with a LUT added to both.,,NO post processing software needed.  But, of course you would assume that I did.  

The whole purpose of ND filters is to help slow down the shutter speed to created the natural looking motion blur in your footage and nothing else.  I think I've proven the point of how well they work.  By correcting the D-Cinelike footage and added a LUT didn't negate that.
2022-7-9
Use props
DroneSmith
lvl.1
United States

Has anyone tried the DJI Mini 3 Pro VARIABLE ND-4PACK (VND 2-5 / 6-9 & VNDXMIST)?  I'm wondering how they compare to the All Day and Bright Day packs.  Thanks guys!!
2022-8-14
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, have them both. Have had the 6 pack ND filters since the end of June and purchased the 6 pack PL's early July. Haven't had the chance to check out the Polorized one's yet
2022-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules