14549 64 2022-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DPGNAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602005 ft
Canada

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-3 12:15
Bind the Drone to the N1 Controller then go back to the RC Controller and see if the options reappear

Hi Captain i tried that theory i unbinded it from RC and bind it to RC-N1 flew around for a bit and saw there was a very very slight change in signal as it was just a couple meters better but still it was popping in CE more. I then went back and bind it to the RC and it was same as before,
I downloaded the assistant 2 app and rollbacked the FW and re-installed it again and the issue exists.

Called and emaield DJI.
The agen on call said to contact support@dji.com and said that a new FW might fix issue in the coming month.
The agent on email said that within 2 to 4 days engineers will get back to me

2022-7-3
Use props
Charlie.C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73396 ft
Hong Kong

djiuser_A2WBNy4DVYon Posted at 7-2 20:28
Thanks but I have tried that numerous times
Maybe something is changed since couple hours ago and I will do it one last time and let you know.

I tried many times, unfortunately failed.  Any luck?
2022-7-5
Use props
FlyBoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2953153 ft
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-20 08:08
But CE Mode is fine in the EU and UK and has been for years. So how does this explain how many UK and EU pilots are getting good range in CE and others seem to not be

I think FCC pilots are shocked at how crippled CE signal is in comparison  
2022-7-5
Use props
JDSX
New

United States

Thanks for sharing this. I was about to purchase the drone with rc pro controller and fly more kit plus. This seems to indicate firmware issues but might very well span hardware problems, too. Purchase cancelled.
2022-7-13
Use props
Meuhbat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225210 ft
France

In FCC countries if everyone is allowed to emit at higher power ratings there may also be more interference , hence the poor performance, whereas it works OK in CE countries ?
Cmon who has a 800mW connected fridge or wifi repeaters in the trees ?
2022-7-13
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12625 ft
Canada

Just circling back on my original post to close the loop as the issue is now resolved after the RC firmware update last week.
2022-7-21
Use props
CineDude
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Meuhbat Posted at 7-13 12:27
In FCC countries if everyone is allowed to emit at higher power ratings there may also be more interference , hence the poor performance, whereas it works OK in CE countries ?
Cmon who has a 800mW connected fridge or wifi repeaters in the trees ?

Higher power != more interference. In fact, what the drone sees is a lower power transmission, so the relative noise floor is higher. You don't want weak signals. You want strong signals, especially to break through interference.

CE mode, like the EU, is a pile of junk.

2022-7-21
Use props
djiuser_VjWyE2nrKJGV
lvl.2
United States

I sent my MP3 in for warranty repair a couple of weeks back as I was only able to get out to roughly 500 to 800m in a suburban setting. They initially called me back and said everything was fine. I let them know that I strongly disagreed and that I wanted the case escalated. Things went silent for a bit and then all of a sudden my case status was in “repair excepted“. Then some days later I received a new drone. No explanation of what they discovered, whether it’s fixed or not, not much of anything. I submitted a Support request for more information but nothing so far. So I’ve test flown the new drone a few times and now I’m able to reach roughly 1000 m at 100m altitude fairly consistently. But I did another test at 250m altitude and was able to reach over 2000 m roughly. So seems a bit better but definitely not the 3 to 5K meters expected in a suburban setting . So I’ve querried them for more information… We will see what happens. Eager to hear how other folks are doing. In SFBay Area
2022-7-21
Use props
fansb4f50ec1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13897156 ft
Canada

Xtropy Posted at 7-21 12:17
Just circling back on my original post to close the loop as the issue is now resolved after the RC firmware update last week.

So I've been a happy user of my mini3 since the latest firmware (that fixed the CE/FCC issue) and the latest RC update (that fixed the compass problem).  I've had many 'successful' flights that had no issues.

I went for a flight yesterday and noticed a near immediate drop-off in signal strength.  On a hunch I checked the transmission page and found it was in CE mode again!  I returned home, power cycled the drone, and it has worked fine since.  This was the first problem since the new udpate, and it definitely does not seem to be the 'norm', but it is something that I'll watch for from now on.

Screen shots attached.
2022-7-24
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

I tried this technique multiple times but never worked. The mini 3 pro have a faulty board causing this range issue. DJI will not admit but when you send your drone for repair they will replace the main board.
2022-7-29
Use props
zzjollygreenzz
lvl.1

United States

fansb4f50ec1 Posted at 7-24 17:46
So I've been a happy user of my mini3 since the latest firmware (that fixed the CE/FCC issue) and the latest RC update (that fixed the compass problem).  I've had many 'successful' flights that had no issues.

I went for a flight yesterday and noticed a near immediate drop-off in signal strength.  On a hunch I checked the transmission page and found it was in CE mode again!  I returned home, power cycled the drone, and it has worked fine since.  This was the first problem since the new udpate, and it definitely does not seem to be the 'norm', but it is something that I'll watch for from now on.

I really don't think this issue is resolved, I'm in Hawaii (USA), I cannot get my drone to operate in FCC mode outside of my house.  I have all of the latest firmwares installed, still have the issue.  I'm probably just going to return the drone and wait for DJI to resolve the issue.

Mini 3 Pro range issue identified!  I can't resolve it, but at least it is re-producible!
Check this out, the first screenshot is of the RC controller at the beach, the drone has powered up and found a home point.  it comes up in CE mode, no options for dual-band or 5.8ghz band.  I noticed this the other day and was getting frustrated about why I can't scroll up to select 5.8ghz band, it's just no longer there!  I tried powering off the controller and drone and back on in various combinations, controller first, drone first, etc...always got the CE mode, no 5.8ghz.  CE mode is also limited to 25mW

Then in the second photo, I go home, inside my house, now it comes up in FCC mode, I can select dual band or 5.8ghz.
Both times, WiFi is not enabled.  The two locations are about 2 miles apart.  I checked the map, I'm not in any restricted zones in either location.  I'm running all the latest firmwares

I've tried 4 different locations outside my house now, they all disable 5.8ghz ocusync transmission, I cannot select dual band or 5.8ghz, but if I go back home, it's enabled.

I'm also noticing something weird with the RC controller WiFi.  Sometimes it won't find any 5.8ghz networks.  I'll be sitting in my house or have my phone WiFi hotspot on and it can't find or connect to the 5.8ghz router/hotspot, but it can find and connect to the 2.4ghz version.  Pretty weird, sometimes I can power it off and back on and it finds the 5.8ghz.  I noticed if I go back down to the park to fly, it will connect to my phones 5.8ghz hotspot, but if I disable WiFi and restart the controller it will no longer connect to my 5.8ghz hotspot.  I have to go back home to get 5.8ghz working again.

2022-8-4
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

zzjollygreenzz Posted at 8-4 15:33
I really don't think this issue is resolved, I'm in Hawaii (USA), I cannot get my drone to operate in FCC mode outside of my house.  I have all of the latest firmwares installed, still have the issue.  I'm probably just going to return the drone and wait for DJI to resolve the issue.

Mini 3 Pro range issue identified!  I can't resolve it, but at least it is re-producible!

Aloha…..I recommend that you return/exchange the mini 3 pro. I just bought the mini 3 pro with no controller and I am very happy with this drone. The first thing I did was check the transmission and as you see I am in FCC mode .  
E9B31301-3B11-4B8A-95D2-3B97AD74D054.jpeg
2022-8-4
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

As of today I still have this issue, first aircraft replaced, the new one have the same issue. I believe the problem is on the RC controller. After many contacts with support
they are sending me a RCN1 controller for me to test with phone app and see if I will still have the same issue.
Here is the latest screen recording of the RC controller I did this afternoon.

2022-8-4
Use props
zzjollygreenzz
lvl.1

United States

fly.overflying Posted at 8-4 23:11
As of today I still have this issue, first aircraft replaced, the new one have the same issue. I believe the problem is on the RC controller. After many contacts with support
they are sending me a RCN1 controller for me to test with phone app and see if I will still have the same issue.

Yep, same as my setup, transmission only using 2.4ghz, you can't select dual mode or 5.8ghz.  I get a little more range because the environment isn't as dense, but same situation.  If I go inside my home and boot it up, I get dual mode and 5.8ghz as options again!  Super weird
2022-8-4
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

zzjollygreenzz Posted at 8-4 23:43
Yep, same as my setup, transmission only using 2.4ghz, you can't select dual mode or 5.8ghz.  I get a little more range because the environment isn't as dense, but same situation.  If I go inside my home and boot it up, I get dual mode and 5.8ghz as options again!  Super weird

wow do you get that option indoor? It doesn't show up for me at all even outside in the clear skies. Originally when I open the RC out of the box I was able to see these options even indoosr but that changed after the latest firmware upgrade
2022-8-5
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_A2WBNy4DVYon Posted at 7-3 12:01
Hi I'm in Canada so it should be FCC

I now even tried the rcn1 controller and seemed to be doing a better job slightly almost not that noticible better than the RC but still had lots of signal issues after 300 to 400 feet I lose connection.

I think the RCN 1 controller is out of a question when we paid $300+ for it. Also having to use our cellphones now and sacrifice usability just because DJI has been extremely incompetent launching products not ready for prime use, to me is a no brainer.

2022-8-5
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Denmark

Is the FCC mode imposed by the app or the drone?
This could make the app trigger the change to FCC or CE regardless of the drone's GPS lock.
2022-8-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fly.overflying Posted at 8-4 23:11
As of today I still have this issue, first aircraft replaced, the new one have the same issue. I believe the problem is on the RC controller. After many contacts with support

We can see that you're in CE which is bad from the start seeing as youre over the pond, but even in CE you should be getting a little further than that.

In CE 5.8 is really underpowered compared to 2.4, even though 2.4 in CE is really underpowered in CE anyway but 5.8 is far worse

I would like to see this replicated but with the radar showing in the bottom left corner.
2022-8-5
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-5 20:25
We can see that you're in CE which is bad from the start seeing as youre over the pond, but even in CE you should be getting a little further than that.

In CE 5.8 is really underpowered compared to 2.4, even though 2.4 in CE is really underpowered in CE anyway but 5.8 is far worse

Next step now is testing the same aircraft linked to a RCN 1 on the exactly same area just to confirm that this issue is related to the new RC controller.
I have sent logs, video footage, screenshots, all available data to determine the obvious.
Next thing is to find out what DJI will do about it since my drone has just past the 15 days return period. I want the full refund as credit on a higher model.
2022-8-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D776%26typeid%3D776

Read the thread above seems interesting and might help
2022-8-5
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 8-5 21:39
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=271041&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D776%26typeid%3D776

Read the thread above seems interesting and might help

Thank you for the link. I am not sure about the geofencing being the cause since he has both A and B results inside the same geofencing frequency spectrum. Still he has a very detailed replication of the issue. The amount of data available for DJI engineers are limitless at this point, hopefully this can be fixed by a firmware update.
2022-8-5
Use props
Snook911
lvl.3
Flight distance : 425180 ft
United States

I am in the United Sates getting horrible range with my new Air2s.  How can I check which mode I am in CE or FCC?  Thanks!
2022-10-4
Use props
djiuser_BRKYjdofdiPe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119820 ft
United States

My range in the USA sucks. Lose signal at about 1200' H
Can you tell me if I'm in FCC or CE, by the screen shot?
All updates are current.
Mini 3 Pro with dji rc-n1 controller.
Thanks in advance.
Screenshot_20240308_162953.jpg
3-8 19:29
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_BRKYjdofdiPe Posted at 3-8 19:29
All updates are current.

If you look at the screen, then in FCC mode
Inscription 1km above the -90 line
3-9 00:38
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_BRKYjdofdiPe Posted at 3-8 19:29
All updates are current.

Hi there. Please check our DM/PM. Thank you.
4-3 06:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules