Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
lost 5.8 band with 1.6.6 update
1021 3 2022-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vkondra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1177257 ft
Israel

Before update to 1.6.6, I had 2.4 and 5.8 band, correct for my country - Israel.
After update, I see only band 2.4, and "manual" channel selection don't work - button "manual" does not respond to touches.
DJI, please fix this.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there vkondra. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Just a reminder that due to local policy and regulation restrictions, the 5.8 GHz frequency band is currently banned in certain countries, including but not limited to Japan, Russia, Israel, Ukraine, and Kazakhstan. Please use the 2.4 GHz frequency band when operating in these locations. Always check local rules and regulations before use, as they may change over time. Thank you.
2022-6-20
Use props
vkondra
lvl.4
Israel

Hi Stephen.
With all respect, for Israel it is just not true. See my post about Israel regulations here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=242753
In very brief, regulatory approved Apr 2021 allows for drones 50 mWatt EIRP (17dBm) in the frequencies 5725..5875 MHz. I thought DJI took this into consideration since then, but perhaps it is not the case. I'll cut'n'paste relevant part here:

In Israel, as of Apr 1, 2021 (no fool's day joke, really) approved is change in regulation that enables 5.8 band.

Please, update regulatory rules for drones to allow 5.8GHz band.. Last clause (item 71) in listed below applicable for drones, 50mW is 17dBm

Original law, unfortunately, published in Hebrew only, see https://www.gov.il/he/Departments/legalInfo/telegraph_law
Exact document that lists permitted frequencies (link from abovementioned page) is https://www.nevo.co.il/Handlers/LawOpenDoc.ashx?id=199708
Added clauses permit (google translation):
For frequencies 5725..5875 MHz

(item 69) Devices complying with the following permitted 2Watt EIRP:
"A wireless device used for a wireless real estate line (PtP); the wireless device is permitted for use outside the building."
(A) The wireless device shall be operated on a single TDD frequency.
(B) The wireless device will support MIMO configuration.
(C) The wireless device will be operated using OFDM technology.
(D) The wireless device shall comply with ETSI EN 302 502.
(E) The wireless device shall contain a DFS and TPC mechanism in active mode.
(F) The wireless device will not support or operate in a Mesh configuration.

(item 70) Devices complying with the following permitted 1Watt EIRP:
A wireless device used for a point-to-point multi-point (PtMP) line between a stationary site and a number of stationary sites and between a stationary site and a number of mobile sites;
The wireless device is allowed for use outside the building.

(A) The wireless device shall be operated on a single TDD frequency.
(B) The wireless device will support MIMO configuration.
(C) The wireless device will be operated using OFDM technology.
(D) The wireless device shall comply with ETSI EN 302 502.
(E) The wireless device will be activated with a DFS mechanism, in the configuration of wireless communication between a stationary site and mobile sites A DFS mechanism will be activated only at the stationary site.
(F) The wireless device shall be operated with a TPC mechanism.
(G) The wireless device will not support or operate in a Mesh configuration.
(H) In a wireless device with a built-in or built-in antenna "smart" (Beam Forming) the maximum transmission power will be 27dBm e.i.r.p ..

(item 71) Devices complying with the following permitted 50mWatt EIRP:
A wireless device used to operate skimmers.
The wireless device will operate on a single TDD frequency.

2022-6-20
Use props
vkondra
lvl.4
Israel

Will it be follow-up on this issue? Like forward this information to the DJI R&D for changing regulatory rules for Israel and enable 5.8 band according?
2022-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules