Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
IMU Errors after the last update.
577 9 2022-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans11d570b2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

I wanted to tell my experience after the latest firmware update of the  rc330 and the mini 3. I made the update a few days ago inside my home.  All went well. Only yesterday I got to try it. I was in my garden, and  not in the location where I had flown last time. As soon as connected  with the drone, about 5/6 errors regarding the IMU and its calibration  appeared on the monitor. Different errors, with different numbers, but  concerning the IMU. I waited, I did nothing ... and after 2/3 minutes  the errors are gone. However, I noticed that the drone had only locked 6  satellites .... then slowly 7 ..... I took off with caution .... and  shortly after I had 15/16 satellites. The flight went well, no  anomalies. But that beginning with all those mistakes upset me. Did it  happen to you too?
2022-6-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2273123 ft
United Kingdom

If i saw IMU errors, i would land and do an IMU calibration, I would not proceed with the flight, also, I do not take off until a minimum of 10 sats locked, with the Mini 2 I will normally wait till she said that the Home point has been recorded, although she can be a bit slow with that speech.

Disclaimer; seen as Bigplumbs does not want me posting in this section but i don't care, i do not own this Mini 3 Pro, i am parting with my wisdom, knowledge and appreciation.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. It would be best to do an IMU calibration on your DJI Mini 3 Pro to see if still the issue will persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-6-20
Use props
fans11d570b2
Second Officer
Italy

Bashy Posted at 6-20 19:26
If i saw IMU errors, i would land and do an IMU calibration, I would not proceed with the flight, also, I do not take off until a minimum of 10 sats locked, with the Mini 2 I will normally wait till she said that the Home point has been recorded, although she can be a bit slow with that speech.

Disclaimer; seen as Bigplumbs does not want me posting in this section but i don't care, i do not own this Mini 3 Pro, i am parting with my wisdom, knowledge and appreciation.

I state that I am happy to listen to you. Each of us can express their opinions and maybe some of these can help to understand or solve the problems encountered. I would like to add to what I found that the errors regarding the drone imu disappeared by themselves after a short time (as already mentioned). Therefore a calibration was no longer required. Regarding the satellites, I have waited a long time .... now I know the timing. There must have been something, maybe the place I was flying from, it was the first time ever.
2022-6-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
United Kingdom

fans11d570b2 Posted at 6-20 23:16
I state that I am happy to listen to you. Each of us can express their opinions and maybe some of these can help to understand or solve the problems encountered. I would like to add to what I found that the errors regarding the drone imu disappeared by themselves after a short time (as already mentioned). Therefore a calibration was no longer required. Regarding the satellites, I have waited a long time .... now I know the timing. There must have been something, maybe the place I was flying from, it was the first time ever.

It's is up to you for sure, I think I said it's what I would do, but I would highly recommend an imu calibration, it certainly won't  hurt it any...
2022-6-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 612448 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans11d570b2 Posted at 6-20 23:16

On subsequent flights have the IMU errors come back and is the Satellite acquisition quite fast now  
2022-6-21
Use props
herasymcuk
Second Officer
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 02:46
On subsequent flights have the IMU errors come back and is the Satellite acquisition quite fast now

Do you mean it's happened to you too? And it'g gone in few seconds like for me?
2022-6-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
United Kingdom

herasymcuk Posted at 6-21 02:59

No, hes asking you the question, he just forgets to add the ? But i know what's coming next from him though...
2022-6-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Captain
Flight distance : 612448 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

herasymcuk Posted at 6-21 02:59

No it has not happened to me I was asking if it is still happening in your situation
2022-6-21
Use props
herasymcuk
Second Officer
Italy

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 22:24
No it has not happened to me I was asking if it is still happening in your situation

I haven't flown since that time. i will ceck soon. )
2022-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules