476 11 2022-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

From VIC VideoplC - DJI Mini 3 Pro Photo Quality vs Autel Evo Nano Plus / Photography comparison

2022-6-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing Bob.

Vic did a great job in this comparison video.  I think that Mini 3 Pro is a bit more polished with respect to functions but it appears the Nano + has the better camera.  

I have seen several videos where following the latest Nono + firmware update that drone now flies really well.  

Nice to see Autel stepping up their game.  A little competition for DJI is always welcomed.
2022-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is something odd about these comparisons, they both show scenes in almost totally different colours .
2022-6-20
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 6-20 10:48
There is something odd about these comparisons, they both show scenes in almost totally different colours .

if you watch closely on some of the nano shots the greens are not even there. they were taken weeks apart at least. that guy is pure joke...he says he had to take them different days but if you look closely some on the church photos there is a patch of the terrace that has no green growth whatsoever on the nano shots, but on the mini is half covered in green. I want to see how this happens in italy in the matter of days...for some reason i think that guy is totally rigging those comparisons.
2022-6-20
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-20 10:48

You might want to question Vic directly on his YouTube Channel as I don't believe he is on this Forum.  I do know that he normally trys to compare two drones with video and images shot on the same day and time but he was unable to do this for this video.
2022-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

BobWinNV Posted at 6-20 11:45
You might want to question Vic directly on his YouTube Channel as I don't believe he is on this Forum.  I do know that he normally trys to compare two drones with video and images shot on the same day and time but he was unable to do this for this video.

Thanks Bob I will do that, thanks for posting the video.
2022-6-20
Use props
De Fender
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141 ft
Germany

yes its not a real apples to apples comparison if the pictures are not taken on the same day with the same light conditions but …

even in those conditions its very easy to see that the Autel Nano + camera is one or two levels better than the mini 3 one
Autel easily wins on:
details
dynamic range
low light capability
sharpness

DJI wins on:
natural colors
slow motion capability

I have the Mini 3 and I like it for the way better functionality, software interface and the stable flight even in stronger wind but I hope some of the issues like signal dropouts, image quality and dynamic range can be solved with coming software updates. I bought it after the Autel Nano was bought and I did know that the image quality is different. So all conscious decisions.
My wife has the Autel Nano + and when I want to have a scene captured which is special I ask her to do the capture with her drone. We use my drone for follow me and in stronger winds.
Before the storm hits me now please be fair and only comment if you had a chance to compare the two drones by yourself.
2022-6-20
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

De Fender Posted at 6-20 12:37
yes its not a real apples to apples comparison if the pictures are not taken on the same day with the same light conditions but …

even in those conditions its very easy to see that the Autel Nano + camera is one or two levels better than the mini 3 one

well i don't have the nano so i cannot say. from the few videos of more or less similar comparisons is difficult to judge, as it is not the same. it seems, leaving apart the colors and oversharpness, there are some more details and dynamic range with the nano camera.  not sure if it is only software, i wont be surprised if the sensor is a lot better on the nano than the mini 3, after all dji saved on the bag, sticks and charger. I bet sensor saved them a lot more. It is pity, but it is what it is.
what is annoying is that most reviewers either totally skip the part to truly compare what actually matters or there are those types that make the comparisons on purpose in favor of one of the drones. there was one guy that literally showed and claimed mini 3 was not flying steady and nano was leaps better. and this VIC has at least couple of that kind of videos where it is more than obvious videos and pics were taken in totally different conditions and not comparable at all. one was literally shot at night with the mini 3 and with nano approximately at the golden hour and it was so obvious by the clouds and stuff and so in favour of the nano.
2022-6-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

De Fender Posted at 6-20 12:37
yes its not a real apples to apples comparison if the pictures are not taken on the same day with the same light conditions but …

even in those conditions its very easy to see that the Autel Nano + camera is one or two levels better than the mini 3 one

The mere fact that the creator of the video posts the photos and asks that we compare the photos ourselves surely means we can form an opinion. We don’t need to own or have used both drones, the subject is with regards to the photos “not the drones” that is irrelevant.

While the over sharpened nano photos look really good, because they are over sharpened that when stretched IE blown up this could well be a problem, and it’s likely video over sharpened will start to break up when shown on bigger screens.

I don’t believe the nano has more DR than the Mini 3, over saturation is not DR, there is little or no difference in DR between these small drones, the Nano looks sharper on you tube and the smaller screens but it would be interesting to see how they fair on a bigger screen.
2022-6-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BobWinNV. Good day and thank you for sharing these information and this interesting video with us. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-6-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-6-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain