DJI Mini 3 Pro at the local range
837 8 2022-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davidy61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57037 ft
Australia

My first video with my Mini 3 Pro, shot at the local range.

All settings are auto as still getting used to it.

Edited with OpenShot (first time with this too)  Need a bit of practice with this too.  Don't like my title and need to work out how to do a text over video intro for next time instead.

The country side is very green right now as we've had very unseasonal amount of rain lately, will be red in a few months again.

2022-6-21
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Nice that a firing range?
2022-6-21
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice test of the new machine
2022-6-21
Use props
davidy61
lvl.4
Australia

The one I flew up at first is a 50m smallbore range for benchrest and prone

The rest of the bays belong to one of the local pistol clubs
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there davidy61. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video that you have filmed. Great work and keep flying.
2022-6-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always interesting to see people say things like the local range as if it is just run of the mill.

In the UK I think people would have to look very hard to find a public firing range
2022-6-21
Use props
davidy61
lvl.4
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 02:50
Always interesting to see people say things like the local range as if it is just run of the mill.

In the UK I think people would have to look very hard to find a public firing range

By local, i mean in the local area.  It is not a public range and i am a member.

So instead of shooting last Sunday, i took the drone down instead.

I live in a rural area, population around 50,000.  Closest major cities, around 400kms to Adelaide and 650km to Melbourne.  Look for Mildura, Victoria on Google and you will see we are in the middle of nowhere.

Though admittedly in the area we are probably spoilt for shooting ranges with our Smallbore Club, and we also have  a 20 metre indoor smallbore range, A sporting shooter club out to about 600 metres, 2 pistol clubs, a clay pigeon club, a shot gun field and game club and a bit further out of town a fullbore club out to around 1000 metres.  None of these clubs are public ranges and all require membership.

None have massive memberships though due the lack of surrounding population.

We have about 15 members in the Smallbore Club, the pistol club we share the range with, about 30 if that.

Rifles and even more so, pistols, are very regulated here.  You cannot legally own a semi auto rifle (even a .22) here in this state and many other states in Australia.  A pistol licence is both a lot of work to get and even more to keep.
2022-6-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice first video with the Mini 3 Pro.    Looks like a fairly large range.

I'm a member of a local gun club and we shoot at a really nice indoor range.  Nice being indoors due to the excessive heat here in Florida and a lot of rain at times. I collect my brass and reload it myself for range use.  

Keep on flying, filming and editing.  Only gets easier with practice.
2022-6-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2022-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now