Camera out of focus Mini 3 Pro
4048 17 2022-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

Hi there!
There is a problem with camera defocus in the left corner. Full photo and 2 photos - crop of the right side and left side. Defocus is clearly visible on buildings located on the same line. They must be either equally blurred or equally sharp. Especially noticeable in the video! But this is not always the case. Sometimes focus more or less correctly. As a solution - take several photos with different focus points. Something will be in focus. But what about video? On the screen during shooting, defocus is not visible. I tried different focus modes - manually and at infinity (landscape mode). The result is different in both cases.And the fourth photo is a screenshot from the video. You can clearly see how the left side is out of focus while the right side is sharp.
Am I the only one with this problem or do many people have this problem?I also have a 12 mp vignette and 48 mp not.

DJI_002113.jpg
DJI_0023_.jpg
DJI_0023.jpg
Снимок-экрана-2022-06-21-в-16.39.25.jpg
2022-6-21
Use props
Oldschool
lvl.3
Russia

Привет ,Олег )  . Надеюсь тебе ответят.
У многих так.если не у всех.
2022-6-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Someone else staring into the Pixels rather than looking at the overall Picture. I think you need to focus on what is important and not such tiny no issues
2022-6-21
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 07:51
Someone else staring into the Pixels rather than looking at the overall Picture. I think you need to focus on what is important and not such tiny no issues

In general I agree with you. In the photo it is not very noticeable, especially in social networks, then in the video it is very visible.
2022-6-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

There is definitely something not right there, were you moving when you took these photos, there is a serious amount of rolling shutter in some of these. Also was it very windy. If no is the answer to both you might just have a dud camera.
2022-6-21
Use props
wateroftyne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 764797 ft
United Kingdom

Probably a decentred lens, or an unfortunate side-effect of something built to a budget.
2022-6-21
Use props
djiuser_n22Niuqv3IwP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 346483 ft
Russia

Тоже самое на фотках, расфокус в углах.
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Oleg13. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mini 3 Pro for us to be able to isolate the issue. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-6-21
Use props
fansa79f7156
lvl.1
Australia

I had the exact same issue, I emailed support about it and they recommended that I upgrade/refresh my firmware. I did that and tried a few shots today, the issue doesn't appear to be there anymore. I'll do some more testing though as it's possible I wasn't high enough from the ground compared to earlier shots. Here are some examples of the issue before/after. Unfortunately, I'm unable to get a comparative photo from the same location as I'd have to go on a long hike ;)

Before

After
2022-6-22
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-21 21:09
Hello there Oleg13. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mini 3 Pro for us to be able to isolate the issue. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

How can i do this? What program do i need and where can i download it?
2022-6-22
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

fansa79f7156 Posted at 6-22 02:47
I had the exact same issue, I emailed support about it and they recommended that I upgrade/refresh my firmware. I did that and tried a few shots today, the issue doesn't appear to be there anymore. I'll do some more testing though as it's possible I wasn't high enough from the ground compared to earlier shots. Here are some examples of the issue before/after. Unfortunately, I'm unable to get a comparative photo from the same location as I'd have to go on a long hike ;)

Before

Thank you! Sorry, but I don’t see before photos)
2022-6-22
Use props
Meuhbat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225210 ft
France

Oleg13 Posted at 6-22 07:58
How can i do this? What program do i need and where can i download it?

You can refresh the firmware using the "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)" software that can be found on DJI website.
Here is a a link, sorry I can't select the english page, but the software is the same : https://www.dji.com/fr/downloads ... sumer-drones-series
2022-6-22
Use props
djiuser_LSiMPD7sdwSD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62241 ft
Poland

In my opinion, the problem is the autofocus which jumps neatly, today I was recording a movie and I had something that I was flying in cine mode and suddenly the sharpness jumped as you can see in the adobe premiere screenshots, it is bad that on DJI RC it is not possible to do this only after zooming in on the yotube 4k

2022-6-22
Use props
djiuser_gS9N23cjKPdn
lvl.2
Poland

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-21 07:51
Someone else staring into the Pixels rather than looking at the overall Picture. I think you need to focus on what is important and not such tiny no issues

we do not want a drone with the mavic 3 cine functions , we just want the functions that the mini 3 pro has to be refined, in the end it costs a lot and has "pro" in the name
2022-6-23
Use props
Oleg13
lvl.1

Russia

djiuser_gS9N23cjKPdn Posted at 6-23 02:15
we do not want a drone with the mavic 3 cine functions , we just want the functions that the mini 3 pro has to be refined, in the end it costs a lot and has "pro" in the name

That's true!) ++
2022-6-25
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

djiuser_gS9N23cjKPdn Posted at 6-23 02:15

Perfect point.
2022-6-29
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had the Mini 3 Pro for 3 days. I've spent all my spare time trying to take one image or video that was not out of focus in the lower right corner. I've been unsuccessful. My camera is simply manufactured and shipped out of DJI's door, with a bad focus problem in one corner. It appears that the sensor is not perfectly flat, or is not perfectly parallel to the lens. It affects about 20% of the total image area. It isn't a little blurry either, it is very blurry (much worse than the original post). And it will be returned because of this. Nobody ought to have to suffer a camera wherein every image and video are noticeably out of focus in much of the total area. This is a big quality control issue, and if you get one like mine, you will return it too- nobody would accept this! It is a shame too, because this little aircraft flies like a dream... but that alone is not enough, it has to be able to focus the entire image. ,  
2022-12-18
Use props
IflewbyU2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

IflewbyU2 Posted at 2022-12-18 13:40
I have had the Mini 3 Pro for 3 days. I've spent all my spare time trying to take one image or video that was not out of focus in the lower right corner. I've been unsuccessful. My camera is simply manufactured and shipped out of DJI's door, with a bad focus problem in one corner. It appears that the sensor is not perfectly flat, or is not perfectly parallel to the lens. It affects about 20% of the total image area. It isn't a little blurry either, it is very blurry (much worse than the original post). And it will be returned because of this. Nobody ought to have to suffer a camera wherein every image and video are noticeably out of focus in much of the total area. This is a big quality control issue, and if you get one like mine, you will return it too- nobody would accept this! It is a shame too, because this little aircraft flies like a dream... but that alone is not enough, it has to be able to focus the entire image. [view_image],  [view_image]

Update: I returned the defective unit, and got a different Mini 3 Pro, which works perfectly, and the camera is in focus from corner to corner, really nice! I'm very impressed by what this camera and this drone can do. The low light capabilities are amazing, ability to rotate the camera vertical, 48MP still images, 10bit 4k video, and 360° panos that capture the entire sphere, from nadir to zenith. These are great capabilities and this drone (the second one I received) now lives up to and exceeds expectations. The only thing I will complain about is the still very exaggerated flight times. The longest flight I have achieved thus far (with the + battery) was 32 minutes, 15% remaining, so 35 or 36 minutes if I had flown it down to zero. It claims 47 minutes, which is just so... not possible. Still, overlooking that, I'm very happy with the mini 3 pro now.
2023-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules