Barometer discounted after crash
817 6 2022-6-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lyonheart
lvl.2
United States

I was flying my drone and The app told me I had a low battery so it started to land the drone. I was in my woods at the time and it came down in the trees which broke my camera gimbal my landing gear and ribbon cable four camera. I bought a new body new motor for camera and ribbon cable and now I have a picture from the camera but the gimbals will not move and I get a barowmeter disconnected when I turn on the drone. I have my flight record and it shows that my battery is 48% on the app so I’m wondering why it landed itself.
2022-6-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Lyonheart. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event and now you are having this issue with your DJI Drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the your DJI drone to avoid further damaging the unit. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-6-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have my flight record and it shows that my battery is 48% on the app so I’m wondering why it landed itself.
The percentage indicator is only accurate if the flight started with a fully charged battery.
The cell voltages are what matters.
You may have had a battery with a sick cell, or a battery that was partially discharged before you flew.
Your recorded flight data would show if either was the issue.
2022-6-21
Use props
Lyonheart
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-21 21:07
I have my flight record and it shows that my battery is 48% on the app so I’m wondering why it landed itself.
The percentage indicator is only accurate if the flight started with a fully charged battery.
The cell voltages are what matters.

When I started the voltage was 53% and I flew for a minute and 42 seconds when it crashed down it was at 44%. The low battery warning showed up four times during the flight but I didn’t pay that much attention because the battery percentage showed it had enough. That is the first time I have ever seen that message and since then I have charged the battery and it shows 100%. Also at the beginning of the flight and at the end of the flight it had two bars showing on the face of the battery.
2022-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Lyonheart Posted at 6-22 13:18
When I started the voltage was 53% and I flew for a minute and 42 seconds when it crashed down it was at 44%. The low battery warning showed up four times during the flight but I didn’t pay that much attention because the battery percentage showed it had enough. That is the first time I have ever seen that message and since then I have charged the battery and it shows 100%. Also at the beginning of the flight and at the end of the flight it had two bars showing on the face of the battery.

When I started the voltage was 53%.
I didn’t pay that much attention because the battery percentage showed it had enough
But how long was it since the battery had been charged?
If the battery had been sitting around for a week or so, discharging, the 53% indicated would have been very inaccurate.

Post your flight data and that will show the cell voltages.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
It has instructions to find the .txt file from your phone or tablet which you can upload to that site
Upload it and it gives you a summary of the flight data.
Post a link to that summary.

Or just post the .txt file
2022-6-22
Use props
Lyonheart
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-22 14:36
When I started the voltage was 53%.
I didn’t pay that much attention because the battery percentage showed it had enough
But how long was it since the battery had been charged?

All I wanna know is where the barometer is located on the Phantom 4  so I can replace it and start flying again.
2022-6-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Lyonheart Posted at 6-23 16:14
All I wanna know is where the barometer is located on the Phantom 4  so I can replace it and start flying again.

It's part of the IMU
But post your flight data and I'll show you why the drone went into critical low voltage autolanding.

2022-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules