Osmo action not working
2407 8 2022-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Garryc
lvl.1

South Africa

I have a similar problem my Osmo action takes a long time to initialise the card on stratup. Then if I start recording it will not stop recoding or access the menus unless I switch the unit off or remove battery and restart the device. Sometimes it just freezes and you cannot access any functions or turn it off. Then I need to remove the battery to restart the device. I am using a Sandisk extreme pro U3 170MB/s card 256GB and a Scandisk Extreme U3 16GB card both have the same problem. The unit can also not format the memory cards return a message format failed. The firmware is 01.10.00.40(7251) which seems to be latest from DJI download site. Also cannot reset factory settings it just starts and never finishes reset process before it runs out of battery. I have hardly used this device since purchasing it it is such an annoying situation so as previously put I have an expensive paper weight.
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Garryc. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps to fix the issue with your DJI Osmo Action and still the issue persist. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do our best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-6-22
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Garryc:    Please try to reload firmware with a txt doc that is to be correctly named, that DJI stephen should be offering you. or writing  down to you,   if you look for  a video about how to downgrade, to load fw 99.99.99.99 this will  offer some help, maybe that can correct the camera issue you are having

1.  in a computer fully format hte card, retry in the camera
2. get same firmware 1.10 with the debug file to correctly reload
3 try to load fw99  as well update the firmware again

tehn go directly to support
2022-6-22
Use props
Garryc
lvl.1

South Africa

Fishycomics Posted at 6-22 03:37
Garryc:    Please try to reload firmware with a txt doc that is to be correctly named, that DJI stephen should be offering you. or writing  down to you,   if you look for  a video about how to downgrade, to load fw 99.99.99.99 this will  offer some help, maybe that can correct the camera issue you are having

1.  in a computer fully format hte card, retry in the camera

I have tried the downgrade unfortunately no change I suspect the unit is defective but I doubt it will be cost effective for me to return it and have it fixed as I reside in South Africa.  Maybe I should have purchased the gopro would have been better supported here.
2022-6-22
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Garryc Posted at 6-22 06:03
I have tried the downgrade unfortunately no change I suspect the unit is defective but I doubt it will be cost effective for me to return it and have it fixed as I reside in South Africa.  Maybe I should have purchased the gopro would have been better supported here.

sorry to hear that, DJI should be accepting the return to their nearest facality. if hte camera is out of warranty then it is best go get another camera and Auction off
2022-6-22
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Garryc Posted at 6-22 06:03

Really sorry to hear that you have problem with your OA.

Open a ticket with DJI about the problem and ask if they have a solution that would not cost you anything or not much to get a replacement.

About gopro or other brands, they have all their issues, especially gopro. But I can recommend buying gopro 9 or 10.
2022-6-22
Use props
Garryc
lvl.1

South Africa

johansenfoto Posted at 6-22 15:39
Really sorry to hear that you have problem with your OA.

Open a ticket with DJI about the problem and ask if they have a solution that would not cost you anything or not much to get a replacement.

unfortunately DJI support was no good could not help products needs to be returned to original dealer in china as I said should have bought a gopro they seem to have better support in South Africa.
2022-6-23
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Garryc Posted at 6-23 01:35
unfortunately DJI support was no good could not help products needs to be returned to original dealer in china as I said should have bought a gopro they seem to have better support in South Africa.

And people genereally complain about gopro support in rest of world it seems like, but idk about that.

2022-6-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

So you more or less  did not buy from DJI and DJI is not  taking the warranty?
2022-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules