2052 20 2022-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fabrizioooo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3312001 ft
France

Hey !

Many features we were waiting are now here, the drone is now very good and this is what remains to be added, according to many posts and my opinion as a tv drone pilot :

1) A setting to disable Vision positioning system (VPS) :
    When the drone fly, it use GPS and VPS to stabilise. VPS see under the drone and, if what it see move, the drone compensate thinking that it was drifting. When flying over water, everything move under the drone, and it makes the drone thinks it has to compensate, so sometimes, it start to go away without touching anything. A HUGE issue for me, as i was shooting the other day with actors flying over water, and i couldn't have a single shot without weid moves. Also, it is practical when you hand catch it. Please DJI, add an option to disable VPS.

2) The return of HQ mode :
    on Mavic 2 Pro, there was a choice between Full FOV (24mm) and HQ mode (35mm). Now there is no more choice, and now we can "zoom" in the image up to X3, but i assume it leads to process pixel merging and quality loss. On mavic 2 Pro, HQ mode was cropping into the image, and was keeping exactly 3840x2160 into the center of the sensor, giving an equivalent of 35mm focal, without pixel processing. Please, add this, that was the only mode i was using !

3) DLOG for X7 sensor :
    no need for explanation, it is the only thing that is missing with this sensor, to become very good.

4) A setting to disable Turn assist :
    I haven't seen many people talking about this, but as you might have noticed, the Mavic 3 doesn't fly like Mavic 2 Pro. When turning using only Yaw movement, the drone will add a Roll movement to it. It could be a good thing, but it limitate in terms of piloting, and should be an option to disable.

5) Waypoints. No need for explanation again.

6) Add options for smooth breaking :
    Like others said, when flying and then stopping the Mavic 3, it always does a brutal stop, and sometimes ruining a shot. There should be options to configure the way it stop when releasing the sticks, with a smooth stop.

That's all. It's now already a very good drone, but with these 6 features it will become the best.

2022-6-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Controlled Cine Mode, ability to change the speed.
2022-6-22
Use props
Tony64
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65574 ft
United Kingdom

4g Dongle use outside China would be like Christmas has arrived for me.
2022-6-22
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also agree with having waypoints and smoother braking.
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Fabrizioooo. Good day and thank you for these positive feedback for the DJI Mavic 3 and for sharing these interesting information as well. I will forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mavic 3 updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-6-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-22 15:34
I also agree with having waypoints and smoother braking.

Smoother braking? If you mean manual braking, I do not want that. I want it to stop immediately...safety first.

I want a fast drone... fast to accelerate... fast to fly... and fast to stop. Just like my fast life, fast car, fast boat...and most of all...fast Wife ;-)

2022-6-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Just a hint for Your point 2) Use slowmo 120 fps it uses crop of the sensor and You can speed it up 4x in post - cheers
2022-6-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 6-22 19:57
Smoother braking? If you mean manual braking, I do not want that. I want it to stop immediately...safety first.

I want a fast drone... fast to accelerate... fast to fly... and fast to stop. Just like my fast life, fast car, fast boat...and most of all...fast Wife ;-)

I want it to brake like all the other DJI drones do, I want to feel like I'm flying a drone made by the same manufacturer as the rest.

The same goes for the Yaw + directional input - they remapped the controls to make it fly differently to all the other drones.
2022-6-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 6-23 03:47
I want it to brake like all the other DJI drones do, I want to feel like I'm flying a drone made by the same manufacturer as the rest.

The same goes for the Yaw + directional input - they remapped the controls to make it fly differently to all the other drones.

You know if you flew in bypass mode or off mode you don’t get half the breaking you’re talking about and you can smooth the flying out a lot more.
2022-6-23
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 6-23 08:06
You know if you flew in bypass mode or off mode you don’t get half the breaking you’re talking about and you can smooth the flying out a lot more.

I never fly with OA switched on.
2022-6-23
Use props
Fabrizioooo
lvl.3
France

alex_markov Posted at 6-22 20:33
Just a hint for Your point 2) Use slowmo 120 fps it uses crop of the sensor and You can speed it up 4x in post - cheers

Yes i know 4K 120 is in some way a HQ mode, but it has a lower bitrate as it record 120fps... and this is a painful method just to have an equivalent of 35mm x)
2022-6-24
Use props
Fabrizioooo
lvl.3
France

GaryDoug Posted at 6-22 19:57

Well it depend. There should be a setting to decide if we want a smooth break, and if we activate that, a little bit like the Nifty mode, then we will be responsible if the drone crash into something when stopping
2022-6-24
Use props
mpaka
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19252874 ft
Serbia

hallmark007 Posted at 6-22 07:52
Controlled Cine Mode, ability to change the speed.

No! I see your answers across the forum telling people how to smooth brake the drone.
But in fact there is no way to do this, so please stop.

The drone simply brakes too fast, and it is unusable for any serious work like filming a movie or TV series (both of which thedrone is very much capable in all other aspects).

It tends to brake smoothly when you fly full speed and make a sudden stop. But if you fly in CIne mode or just fly slow in Normal mode it brakes too hard.

DJI please adress this problem, just make it brake like a phantom.
2022-7-23
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I second 4) - a way to turn off coordinated turns with the yaw stick. You can simulate it kind of by applying opposite roll to get a "flat turn", but I agree that it would an additional dimension of flight available to us if we could turn it off like on the MP2.

I also second 6). I agree that's there's a mild safety risk of a slow braking action, but as long you're piloting carefully, it really adds to a cinematic shot. So I'd also like the braking behavior to be configurable....
2022-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mpaka Posted at 7-23 07:38
No! I see your answers across the forum telling people how to smooth brake the drone.

So all those using it professionally including this professional video https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=270035 is rubbish these people cannot control the Mavic 3 . Yet what I see is true professional. You think it cannot be done its unusable, so explain why you think these videos are so bad. And why its impossible to make videos with Mavic 3. These videos inspire me about what is possible.

2022-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

mpaka Posted at 7-23 07:38

And if you just want to fly smoothly see below.

2022-7-23
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agree 100% with Fabrizioooo. I could add more nut that is the urgent stuff.
2022-7-25
Use props
gevigil253
lvl.4

El Salvador

es una opinion... un buen piloto se adapta a lo que tiene, pero no es conformarse... por el precio, el tamaño... pedimos demasiado para un pequeño drone, mas que suficiente para poder hacer tomas amateur y poder usarlo hasta para trabajar... aun que no se ha creado para eso... si logramos entender que es un drone de entrada no podemos pedirle mas de lo que vale... estoy de acuerdo en todos sus comentarios pero siempre será un drone de entrada!!! con algunas prestación de drone profesional.
2022-8-2
Use props
Fabriziooo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 244829 ft
  • >>>
France

The new update of DJI Fly add the ability to modify settings like sharpness and noise reduction, just like on DJI GO 4 before, with... Dji Mini 3. Wait, what ?

So the Mavic 3 is now really left behind, everyone asked features that were on Phantom and Mavic 2, and DJI add them... only on Mini 3 Pro. Incomprehensible.

Let's hope that Mavic 3 will be updated once Mavic 3 Classic is released...
2022-10-27
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be nice for the M3 to have the same sport mode speed as the Mavic Pro before they tuned it down.
2022-10-27
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spotlight Mode needs to keep a static distance from the POI
2022-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now