Mini2 louder than Mini3
3128 14 2022-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vergiliusz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2749 ft
Poland

Hello. Some time ago I announced a comparison of mini2 and mini3 work. This comparison shows that the mini2 is a bit louder during operation than the mini3. My guess is that it is a matter of propellers and here I wonder if it would be possible to use the mini3 propellers and mount them to the mini2. Of course, as long as it is technically possible. Has anyone thought about it or has already checked?
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I suspect they're not compatible. The Mini3 props are larger and shaped differently.
2022-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not going to work as the Mini 3 Pro propellers are shaped a bit differently and definitely not the same size.  
2022-6-22
Use props
dpeagle
lvl.4
United States

has anybody compared the mini 3 to the mini 2 with master airscrew props. i bet you will find they are very close. i think dji just copied the pitch design of the MAS props to get a less high-pitched buzzy sound.
2022-6-22
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven’t seen anyone try that but it would be interesting to see if it at least lifts off because the bigger propellers were designed so that the Mini 3 could achieve more flight time by providing more lift and leasing the amount of power needed for the rotors.
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Vergiliusz. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I am sorry to say that the DJI Mini 3 Pro Propellers ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-pro-propellers ) is not compatible with the DJI Mini 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mini-2?site=brandsite&from=nav ) and vice versa. Thank you.
2022-6-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini 3 props evidently have a better design and hence better performance. Along with that comes less noise, which is non-value added. Interesting question though, but I doubt they are interchangeable as that could need a firmware change to be effective..
2022-6-22
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 6-22 19:51
Mini 3 props evidently have a better design and hence better performance. Along with that comes less noise, which is non-value added. Interesting question though, but I doubt they are interchangeable as that could need a firmware change to be effective..

No firmware update is going to make different props compatible
2022-6-22
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 6-22 20:27
No firmware update is going to make different props compatible

ok. So you say it is a different mount? Evidently I know nothing ;-)
2022-6-22
Use props
Vergiliusz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2749 ft
Poland

Thank You very much to You all for answer to my question.
2022-6-23
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 6-22 20:38
ok. So you say it is a different mount? Evidently I know nothing ;-)

The prop configuration would be based on the motors and how they are configured, as well as balance, weight etc.  Firmware is a software upgrade.  It would not be possible to update firmare to allows for new props, the firmware can't change the physical configuration of the motors, etc.
The best example I can give you is, if you have a 2020 Ford and need a new rad hose, you can stick one on from a 2020 Mazda.  And there is no firmware upgrade that is going to make it work.
2022-6-25
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Mhinc Posted at 6-25 01:32
The prop configuration would be based on the motors and how they are configured, as well as balance, weight etc.  Firmware is a software upgrade.  It would not be possible to update firmare to allows for new props, the firmware can't change the physical configuration of the motors, etc.
The best example I can give you is, if you have a 2020 Ford and need a new rad hose, you can stick one on from a 2020 Mazda.  And there is no firmware upgrade that is going to make it work.

The biggest difference between these drones is the engine speed. in the mini 2 up to 20,000 rpm, and in the mini 3 only about 10,000 rpm. Therefore, the drone is much quieter. However, the surface of the propellers was increased.
2022-6-25
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

nOxxxx Posted at 6-25 06:44
The biggest difference between these drones is the engine speed. in the mini 2 up to 20,000 rpm, and in the mini 3 only about 10,000 rpm. Therefore, the drone is much quieter. However, the surface of the propellers was increased.

Further to my point that firmware isn't going to be able to support a prop upgrade.
The mini 2 will never get it's RPM toned down by half.
2022-6-25
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mhinc Posted at 6-25 01:32
The prop configuration would be based on the motors and how they are configured, as well as balance, weight etc.  Firmware is a software upgrade.  It would not be possible to update firmare to allows for new props, the firmware can't change the physical configuration of the motors, etc.
The best example I can give you is, if you have a 2020 Ford and need a new rad hose, you can stick one on from a 2020 Mazda.  And there is no firmware upgrade that is going to make it work.

Sorry. I was agreeing with you ;-)
2022-6-26
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Canada

GaryDoug Posted at 6-26 19:45
Sorry. I was agreeing with you ;-)

Oh I know, I wasn't arguing just figured I would give a good detailed reply for others that wondered
2022-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules