12Next >
3484 65 2022-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174915 ft
Pakistan

DJI should add an option in the DJI Fly app to turn on the speaker of the drone.
For example: Birds are attacking your drone and when we click the button for the speaker, it makes a buzzing sound because the birds are afraid of the sound from the drone.
I put my drone in "Sport" mode and move it up and down, the loud buzzing noise from the propellers scares the *birds.
2022-6-22
Use props
Hartmut_J
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47152 ft
Germany

"I put my drone in "Sport" mode and move it up and down, the loud buzzing noise from the propellers scare the drone." Should probably read " ... scare the birds." ?
Good piece of advice, I hope I will remember it when the situation arises.
2022-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your Mini 3 Pro must scare itself quite often then.  

I do my best to avoid birds whenever I can.  Gulls near the sea are terrible at flying right at a drone.  That's when I climb quickly and depart that location.  I did have a hawk chase me once for quite a ways so I just kept climbing and he/she finally gave up.
2022-6-22
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 09:59

I do my best to avoid birds whenever I can.  Gulls near the sea are terrible at flying right at a drone.  That's when I climb quickly and depart that location.  I did have a hawk chase me once for quite a ways so I just kept climbing and he/she finally gave up.

hahaha sorry that was a mistake I meant birds. I fixed it now
2022-6-22
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Hartmut_J Posted at 6-22 09:09
"I put my drone in "Sport" mode and move it up and down, the loud buzzing noise from the propellers scare the drone." Should probably read " ... scare the birds." ?
Good piece of advice, I hope I will remember it when the situation arises.

lol I meant scares the birds

but yea, that does work
2022-6-22
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 09:59

I do my best to avoid birds whenever I can.  Gulls near the sea are terrible at flying right at a drone.  That's when I climb quickly and depart that location.  I did have a hawk chase me once for quite a ways so I just kept climbing and he/she finally gave up.

excellent technique, I use it most of the times when small birds attack my drone.
2022-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BlueMechYT Posted at 6-22 11:06
hahaha sorry that was a mistake I meant birds. I fixed it now

No problem.  I was just messing with you.  I do know what you mean about pesky birds though.    
2022-6-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BlueMechYT Posted at 6-22 11:08
excellent technique, I use it most of the times when small birds attack my drone.

Learned it from unfortunate pilot who tried to descend and the bird followed him down and crashed his drone.  After that I always headed upward as most birds can't ascend as fast as the drone but they can sure descend quickly.
2022-6-22
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-22 11:11
Learned it from unfortunate pilot who tried to descend and the bird followed him down and crashed his drone.  After that I always headed upward as most birds can't ascend as fast as the drone but they can sure descend quickly.

I know lol. One day I flew my drone during the day (at my house) I flew up to 40m high that day and when I came to descend it, a kite (predator bird) came to attack the drone, I was lucky that it was scared of the drone's buzzing. when it went close to the tree I quickly descended it
2022-6-22
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

That would be a pretty useful feature. I know one time when I was staying at a hotel in Pismo Beach I had took off from the balcony when a couple of seagulls didn’t like my drone and they got so close to my drone that I could see there feet in the drones camera but thankfully non of them were brave enough to take it down which I also am grateful for.
2022-6-22
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-22 12:24
That would be a pretty useful feature. I know one time when I was staying at a hotel in Pismo Beach I had took off from the balcony when a couple of seagulls didn’t like my drone and they got so close to my drone that I could see there feet in the drones camera but thankfully non of them were brave enough to take it down which I also am grateful for.
You got real lucky there Fred. But yea that feature would be very useful
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-22 12:24
That would be a pretty useful feature. I know one time when I was staying at a hotel in Pismo Beach I had took off from the balcony when a couple of seagulls didn’t like my drone and they got so close to my drone that I could see there feet in the drones camera but thankfully non of them were brave enough to take it down which I also am grateful for.

Have you seen this video?   I did worry about potential harm to the birds' legs though.

2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BlueMechYT. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I just land when the birds attack.
2022-6-22
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-22 21:13
Have you seen this video?   I did worry about potential harm to the birds' legs though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00szWWrTNnE

No I haven’t seen it until now but man that was close, I know I’ve had some pretty close encounters like again at Pismo ( to many close encounters at Pismo to count) I saw this black rock and when I flew close to it a huge swarm of birds just started to fly away. And it was cool to be able to fly through the swarm as I followed them which I guess I shouldn’t have done but it made for some cool footage, especially when they all one by one in rows lifted off!
2022-6-22
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-22 21:24
Hello there BlueMechYT. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Hello, and good day to you. Thank you for forwarding this message. That feature will be very helpful
2022-6-22
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Blériot53 Posted at 6-22 21:13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00szWWrTNnE

That is very cool, but that won't work for DJI drones because they cant fly illegally.
2022-6-22
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

DAFlys Posted at 6-22 22:31
I just land when the birds attack.

I would too, but there is a very high chance that the birds will attack the drone when landing
2022-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BlueMechYT Posted at 6-22 23:08
I would too, but there is a very high chance that the birds will attack the drone when landing

Ive been chased and swooped by gulls on a fair few occasions but so far none have actually tried to touch the drone.    Hopefully that won't change soon.
2022-6-22
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-22 22:51
No I haven’t seen it until now but man that was close, I know I’ve had some pretty close encounters like again at Pismo ( to many close encounters at Pismo to count) I saw this black rock and when I flew close to it a huge swarm of birds just started to fly away. And it was cool to be able to fly through the swarm as I followed them which I guess I shouldn’t have done but it made for some cool footage, especially when they all one by one in rows lifted off!

Did you post that footage somewhere? Like youtube or something, If yes, please provide the link as I would like to see it.
2022-6-22
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

DAFlys Posted at 6-22 23:12
Ive been chased and swooped by gulls on a fair few occasions but so far none have actually tried to touch the drone.    Hopefully that won't change soon.

I only got attacked twice. my house, and at a golf course, a predator bird was trying to attack it in my house, so I flew it upwards. on the golf course, there were small birds, I did the same. All of them tried to attack but I didn't want to wait and find out.
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-22 22:51
No I haven’t seen it until now but man that was close, I know I’ve had some pretty close encounters like again at Pismo ( to many close encounters at Pismo to count) I saw this black rock and when I flew close to it a huge swarm of birds just started to fly away. And it was cool to be able to fly through the swarm as I followed them which I guess I shouldn’t have done but it made for some cool footage, especially when they all one by one in rows lifted off!

I bet that was a spectacular video. But we have to remember, we're flying in their airspace and it's their Natural instinct to defend it.
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BlueMechYT Posted at 6-22 23:06
That is very cool, but that won't work for DJI drones because they cant fly illegally.

You haven't read about the Drone pilot in the UK who landed his Phantom on the deck of a naval vessel moored on the coast of the UK?  That was about as illegal as you can get.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-40910087
2022-6-22
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Blériot53 Posted at 6-22 23:38
You haven't read about the Drone pilot in the UK who landed his Phantom on the deck of a naval vessel moored on the coast of the UK?  That was about as illegal as you can get.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-40910087

Oh okay so the drone flew itself illegally.

He said: "I was getting a high wind signal telling me to land.

"I didn't really want to land it but the wind was so strong, I didn't feel it would make it back so I ignored the warning. I never expected it to land on the deck."

The pilot said his drone is equipped with anti-crash sensors and will automatically land itself if it is in danger.

He said it normally avoids steel structures but the non-slip coating on the carrier flight deck allowed it to touch down.
2022-6-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BlueMechYT Posted at 6-22 23:45
Oh okay so the drone flew itself illegally.

He said: "I was getting a high wind signal telling me to land.

Yes I have read the article in its entirety thank you.
And the flight, the drone, and its operator were all performing illegally - whether intentionally or not.
Ergo: DJI drones can and do fly illegally.  But the responsibility is ALWAYS that of the pilot.
2022-6-23
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Blériot53 Posted at 6-23 00:27
Yes I have read the article in its entirety thank you.
And the flight, the drone, and its operator were all performing illegally - whether intentionally or not.
Ergo: DJI drones can and do fly illegally.  But the responsibility is ALWAYS that of the pilot.

okay, understood.
2022-6-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Happy flying
2022-6-23
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Blériot53 Posted at 6-23 01:13
Happy flying

Happy flying
2022-6-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BlueMechYT Posted at 6-22 11:21
I know lol. One day I flew my drone during the day (at my house) I flew up to 40m high that day and when I came to descend it, a kite (predator bird) came to attack the drone, I was lucky that it was scared of the drone's buzzing. when it went close to the tree I quickly descended it

Kites are definitely predatory birds.  
2022-6-23
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-23 03:32

sarcastically?
2022-6-23
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-23 03:32

Kite is the common name for certain birds of prey in the family Accipitridae, particularly in subfamilies Milvinae, Elaninae, and Perninae. Some authors use the terms "hovering kite" and "soaring kite" to distinguish between Elanus and the milvine kites, respectively. The group may also be differentiated by size, referring to milvine kites as "large kites", and elanine kites as "small kites"
2022-6-23
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BlueMechYT Posted at 6-22 23:14
Did you post that footage somewhere? Like youtube or something, If yes, please provide the link as I would like to see it.

No I haven’t posted it on YouTube I wanted to make a video with all the footage I took as my family and I had traveled down the coast and stopped at many beautiful beaches but I just haven’t got around to it yet and also the micro ssd I had shot it with I accidentally formatted it on my drone and lost all the footage from that trip and including my trip to Alaska earlier this year but I may still have it on my iMac as I do t know if I downloaded it or not but I can try to find it and just send it to.
2022-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BlueMechYT Posted at 6-22 23:23
I only got attacked twice. my house, and at a golf course, a predator bird was trying to attack it in my house, so I flew it upwards. on the golf course, there were small birds, I did the same. All of them tried to attack but I didn't want to wait and find out.

Did they actually touch the drone or just swoop at it?
2022-6-23
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

DAFlys Posted at 6-23 22:21
Did they actually touch the drone or just swoop at it?

both of them were looking at the drone very close about to attack it and I didnt want to wait and find out.
2022-6-23
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-23 19:35
No I haven’t posted it on YouTube I wanted to make a video with all the footage I took as my family and I had traveled down the coast and stopped at many beautiful beaches but I just haven’t got around to it yet and also the micro ssd I had shot it with I accidentally formatted it on my drone and lost all the footage from that trip and including my trip to Alaska earlier this year but I may still have it on my iMac as I do t know if I downloaded it or not but I can try to find it and just send it to.

ohhh okay.
2022-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If the bird won't be scared from the drone noise, it won't be scared from what comes out of a tiny speaker as well.
2022-6-24
Use props
BlueMechYT
lvl.2
Pakistan

Montfrooij Posted at 6-24 00:17
If the bird won't be scared from the drone noise, it won't be scared from what comes out of a tiny speaker as well.

you didnt read the thread?

they are scared of a louder drone noise, when i move my drone up and down
2022-6-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BlueMechYT Posted at 6-24 00:48
you didnt read the thread?

they are scared of a louder drone noise, when i move my drone up and down