Mini 3 Pro and RC controller won't update over wifi
5937 16 2022-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62943 ft
United States

Any help is appreciated. I just received my new M3P w/RC controller. I've been able to "bind" both devices to my DJI account. However, I am not able to download the newest firmware to update either the M3P or the RC controller over WiFi. I keep getting the following error message when I click on check for firmware updates: "Server error. Wait a moment and try again (Error code: -8)". I've been getting this same error message for two days now. I've downloaded the DJI Assistant 2 application and tried connected both my RC controller and the M3P to my laptop and updating the firmware that way. Both devices get recognized by that application but there is no firmware update listed for either device to download. I do know that I'm able to connect my RC controller over WiFi to the internet through my router because maps are viewable on the DJI Fly application on my RC controller once I connect the M3P to the controller. My current RC controller firmware is version 01.00.0000 and my M3P firmware version is: 01.00.0002. I'm also getting the following message on my RC controller's Preflight Check page: "Aircraft locked. Update aircraft firmware (Code: 30122)". Again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. Please make sure that you are using the corresponding DJI Assistant 2 for the firmware update: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
For the aircraft, please try to completely cool it down and connect to DJI Assistant 2 to see if a firmware update is an option when using the correct DJI Assistant 2 and can be updated.
For the DJI RC, please try to restore the RC to factory settings and try to use the DJI Assistant 2 to update.
If the update still fails, please provide a screenshot of the preflight check list, thank you very much.
2022-6-22
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 6-22 23:43
Hi there, I am sorry for the issue you encountered. Please make sure that you are using the corresponding DJI Assistant 2 for the firmware update: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series
For the aircraft, please try to completely cool it down and connect to DJI Assistant 2 to see if a firmware update is an option when using the correct DJI Assistant 2 and can be updated.
For the DJI RC, please try to restore the RC to factory settings and try to use the DJI Assistant 2 to update.

I was able to see the firmware updates for both my M3P and RC controller while connected to the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) application. However, the only way I was able to do this was by switching my laptop to access the internet via a hotspot connection on my iPhone X. So again, when trying to update firmware using the RC controller or using the DJI Assistant 2 application I must use my phone's hotspot and connect to the internet via 4G LTE. I am unable to download firmware updates using my home's WiFi connection. I know I have internet connectivity with the RC controller because the maps are available in the DJI fly application. It's only when I try to download firmware updates via WiFi that it won't work. Any ideas?

IMG_2576 2.png
IMG_2575.png
2022-6-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ALOFT Drone Posted at 6-23 19:12
I was able to see the firmware updates for both my M3P and RC controller while connected to the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) application. However, the only way I was able to do this was by switching my laptop to access the internet via a hotspot connection on my iPhone X. So again, when trying to update firmware using the RC controller or using the DJI Assistant 2 application I must use my phone's hotspot and connect to the internet via 4G LTE. I am unable to download firmware updates using my home's WiFi connection. I know I have internet connectivity with the RC controller because the maps are available in the DJI fly application. It's only when I try to download firmware updates via WiFi that it won't work. Any ideas?

Thanks for your update. You are advised to use the Hotspot to update the firmware first. And then try to restart the WIFI and reconnect to the controller. This situation may be caused by the unstable of the internet.
2022-6-24
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 6-24 03:31
Thanks for your update. You are advised to use the Hotspot to update the firmware first. And then try to restart the WIFI and reconnect to the controller. This situation may be caused by the unstable of the internet.

Thank you. As I stated in my previous post. I was already able to update the RC controller to the latest version using my cellphone's hotspot. After doing that (and resetting the RC controller WiFi connection many times) I still cannot download any firmware using WiFi. I do not get the message current firmware installed I get the error message in the photo above. All of my other devices in my home including my laptop, cellphone, tablets etc. can all access the internet over my WiFi via my router. The RC controller cannot. Any other ideas?
2022-6-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ALOFT Drone Posted at 6-24 07:55
Thank you. As I stated in my previous post. I was already able to update the RC controller to the latest version using my cellphone's hotspot. After doing that (and resetting the RC controller WiFi connection many times) I still cannot download any firmware using WiFi. I do not get the message current firmware installed I get the error message in the photo above. All of my other devices in my home including my laptop, cellphone, tablets etc. can all access the internet over my WiFi via my router. The RC controller cannot. Any other ideas?

Hi there, may I ask when you try to upgrade the firmware through Assistant 2 if the error message 'Server error. Wait a moment and try again (Error code: -8)' also shows up? Could you please also provide us with a picture of the Assistant 2 error code? Please also export the log and tell us the time when the prompt appears for our further analysis.
2022-6-25
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-25 01:47
Hi there, may I ask when you try to upgrade the firmware through Assistant 2 if the error message 'Server error. Wait a moment and try again (Error code: -8)' also shows up? Could you please also provide us with a picture of the Assistant 2 error code? Please also export the log and tell us the time when the prompt appears for our further analysis.

When I upgrade the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) I do not get the error message because my laptop computer is accessing the internet by using my cellphone's hotspot connection to 4G LTE and not my home's WiFi. If I use DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) while my laptop is connected to my home's WiFi a list of available firmware updates simply does not appear (for either the RC Controller or the drone itself when connected to my laptop. So again, the error message noted above only appears on the RC Controller when accessing WiFi to retrieve the firmware update and I don't see any firmware update available when using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) when accessing the internet via WiFi.
2022-6-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ALOFT Drone Posted at 6-25 18:43
When I upgrade the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) I do not get the error message because my laptop computer is accessing the internet by using my cellphone's hotspot connection to 4G LTE and not my home's WiFi. If I use DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) while my laptop is connected to my home's WiFi a list of available firmware updates simply does not appear (for either the RC Controller or the drone itself when connected to my laptop. So again, the error message noted above only appears on the RC Controller when accessing WiFi to retrieve the firmware update and I don't see any firmware update available when using DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) when accessing the internet via WiFi.

Thanks for your update. Please provide us with the related data mentioned above. We will forward it to our team for further analysis. Thank you.
2022-6-26
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-25 01:47

"Could you please also provide us with a picture of the Assistant 2 error code? Please also export the log and tell us the time when the prompt appears for our further analysis."

The DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) app isn't showing an error code when I try to download firmware over WiFi. The list of available firmware simply doesn't show. There's no error code. But...once I connect my laptop to my cellphone wirelessly and use its hotspot connection to my 4G LTE service and refresh the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) page the available firmware versions all appear.

Also...you asked for me to "export the log and tell us when the prompt appears". How do I export the log? What log? And, no "prompt" appears. I'm not sure I understand. Please advise.
2022-6-26
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

My inability to download new firmware updates for my M3P and RC Controller was due to the default servers my ISP uses. I had to change my default server information in my home router to Google's public servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. This resolved my issue. Now I can download firmware updates via my home WiFi for both my M3P and RC Controller over the controller itself or DJI's Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) app if I so choose. Thanks so much for your help JMCANZO!
2022-6-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ALOFT Drone Posted at 6-26 11:55
My inability to download new firmware updates for my M3P and RC Controller was due to the default servers my ISP uses. I had to change my default server information in my home router to Google's public servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. This resolved my issue. Now I can download firmware updates via my home WiFi for both my M3P and RC Controller over the controller itself or DJI's Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) app if I so choose. Thanks so much for your help JMCANZO!

Thanks for your update. May we confirm can you use units properly now?
2022-6-27
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-27 01:04
Thanks for your update. May we confirm can you use units properly now?

Yes I can thanks.
2022-6-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for the confirmation. Glad to know the problem was solved. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.
2022-6-27
Use props
fans93ed5448
New
Flight distance : 65554 ft
United States

DJI Support.  I am unable to complete the firmware update to support the Mini 3 Pro using the DJI RC Pro.  Have tried both direct to wifi and the DJI assistant tool.  Both say the version my remote is on is the current or latest, no other firmware is being found.  I tried a few things like the DNS entry change to google 8.8.8.8 one guy mentioned.  So far nothing seems to work?  Is there any other way to force the controller to update?  I bought my mini 3 pro without a controller so I am unable to fly if this cannot be fixed...
2022-10-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans93ed5448 Posted at 10-1 00:20
DJI Support.  I am unable to complete the firmware update to support the Mini 3 Pro using the DJI RC Pro.  Have tried both direct to wifi and the DJI assistant tool.  Both say the version my remote is on is the current or latest, no other firmware is being found.  I tried a few things like the DNS entry change to google 8.8.8.8 one guy mentioned.  So far nothing seems to work?  Is there any other way to force the controller to update?  I bought my mini 3 pro without a controller so I am unable to fly if this cannot be fixed...

Hi there, just to double confirm, you are currently using the DJI RC Pro, right?
May I have a screenshot of the RC Pro firmware information for further confirmation?
The latest version is v03.01.0900, and this version supports Mini 3 Pro.
To update the firmware, please make sure to use DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) for the update: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
After updating the firmware, please link the RC Pro and Mini 3 Pro first. Please keep us updated on the result.
2022-10-1
Use props
DeltaTango1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1600955 ft
United States

Same problem here. I'm posting this to help anyone else who might be having this problem. Your provider's software and dji's software aren't talking. The easy way to fix this is to change your DNS to another server. My tech figured it out for me in less than an hour. You have to log into your router and change the DNS to one more compatible. A simple address change. My guy pointed it at Google, which is not uncommon for even large businesses to do. It makes no difference to the way your network works, all devices will still function unaffected. Same speed. Think of it like going thru your carrier to another entity and on out to the internet thru them. My problem has been solved!
Don't forget to reboot your router after you make the change.

2022-12-27
Use props
djiuser_6CH6aRcrEUG5
New

United Kingdom

For anyone experiencing this issue please make sure your network firewall (hardware or software) aren't blocking the traffic to DJI. It could be that firewalls are blocking access to certain countries (geo-blocking) which is preventing access to the the DJI firmware download url.
2023-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules