Plastic piece chipped off battery DJI Mini 3 pro
1324 30 2022-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JaviviPro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2545367 ft
United States

This looks harmless, just the plastic that goes above it covering a part of it came off, battery makes perfect contact for charging and flying, the pins look perfect nothing blended or anything, contacted DJI but they want me to send the WHOLE set up back for “Analysis” that will probably take weeks to get the drone and everything to them and then “repair” and back.

Do you guys think theres any harm on this? Only thing i can think of is those pins in the middle being more exposed but my batteries are always either in aircraft or hub charger, so no room for it to be loose in a bag or something like that. Thoughts?

39082B95-6F8E-4FF0-AF98-67FF8C809BE8.jpeg
2022-6-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Me, i wouldnt risk it, there could be something on the drone end that caused this or it could be just the battery, seen as its very important for the drone staying in the air, it's not worth the risk, i had to bin a P4P battery for this same reason, i cried a little, not cheap batteries lol
2022-6-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Without those plastic tabs those pins can move which could result in some serious damage
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JaviviPro. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue. It is best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance and to open a case and then send the unit in for service. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-6-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would not send the whole lot back to DJI just for that. How many batteries do you have and coul you repair that yourself
2022-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

100% return it,   that should not happen.
2022-6-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-22 22:21
I would not send the whole lot back to DJI just for that. How many batteries do you have and coul you repair that yourself

Dji would need to make sure it wasn't the drone that caused it to chip.

A repair wouldnt be safe, its really not worth risking a short and losing the drone in the process and god forbid should it land on someone or damage property.
2022-6-22
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

Something bad may happen if you short those 2 connectors
2022-6-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you do the damage yourself ie drop the battery. If so and you have other batteries I still say I would leave as is and just use the other batteries. Sending the whole lot back to DJI is a massive pain in the arse to be honest.

As for a 249 gram drone falling from the air damaging property. Never going to happen
2022-6-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-22 23:45
Did you do the damage yourself ie drop the battery. If so and you have other batteries I still say I would leave as is and just use the other batteries. Sending the whole lot back to DJI is a massive pain in the arse to be honest.

As for a 249 gram drone falling from the air damaging property. Never going to happen

Really? lets see what it would do to your head or nose? or lets see it leave no mark on mateys bonnet or lets see how it fairs when it lands on your pane of glass from your greenhouse, like i said, a lot of it is pure common sense, just because they have been given a new class (sub 250g) it does not mean they are impervious to causing damage or hurt, they are in that class because they weigh less therefore the damage is not as great as it would be with a Mavic 3 or P4P, think before you blooming type, it would save you these embarrassments.
2022-6-22
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-22 23:55
Really? lets see what it would do to your head or nose? or lets see it leave no mark on mateys bonnet or lets see how it fairs when it lands on your pane of glass from your greenhouse, like i said, a lot of it is pure common sense, just because they have been given a new class (sub 250g) it does not mean they are impervious to causing damage or hurt, they are in that class because they weigh less therefore the damage is not as great as it would be with a Mavic 3 or P4P, think before you blooming type, it would save you these embarrassments.

Just so you are aware I dont read hardly any of your posts. I have better things to do. But your head or nose is not property now is it
2022-6-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-23 00:05
Just so you are aware I dont read hardly any of your posts. I have better things to do. But your head or nose is not property now is it

I know when you read all of the post, you make it too obvious, but, whilst no, your body isn't property perse, i was giving an example what it would cause damage to, i noticed you picked out the only questionable part, like i said, its obvious when you've read it all, making out you haven't just to try and save face doesn't work, folks see through that.

PS, for someone that does not read all of my post(s), its funny how you picked up on the damage part of my reply in reply #8, like i said, its obvious that you do read all of it ;)
2022-6-23
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

Return it don't try to repair as that might invalidate the warranty   Wouldn't risk your drone to be honest
2022-6-23
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you email support? they just send you a replacement and ask you to dispose of that battery. I deffinatley woundnt use it
2022-6-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

To play it safe I would send it all back so DJI can thoroughly inspect the inside components of the drone to make sure that there are no other issues.  Something caused the battery tabs to get in that condition.  

I know it is a pain and a bit time consuming but for peace of mind I'd send it all in. Best of luck in your decision.  
2022-6-23
Use props
JaviviPro
lvl.3
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-22 22:57
Dji would need to make sure it wasn't the drone that caused it to chip.

A repair wouldnt be safe, its really not worth risking a short and losing the drone in the process and god forbid should it land on someone or damage property.

If this was the case having used all batteries the same amount of times why are the other two batteries intact? I looked inside the drone all piba and everything looks perfect
2022-6-23
Use props
JaviviPro
lvl.3
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-22 23:45

I agree with you, I got two more batteries, I might use this one to only fly close to ground like tracking in areas with no people and stuff, and I don’t want to send back everything I feel like they are going to take more than a month to just get the battery and get me everything back with all the issues they have and how horrible this launch and delivery was, so im considering either just buying a new battery, or I wonder if I send it in for repair without claiming warranty, if the price of the repair would be less than a whole new battery.
2022-6-23
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-23 00:32
I know when you read all of the post, you make it too obvious, but, whilst no, your body isn't property perse, i was giving an example what it would cause damage to, i noticed you picked out the only questionable part, like i said, its obvious when you've read it all, making out you haven't just to try and save face doesn't work, folks see through that.

PS, for someone that does not read all of my post(s), its funny how you picked up on the damage part of my reply in reply #8, like i said, its obvious that you do read all of it ;)

I love your guys' banter. It's so comical, though I side with you most of the time since at least you have common sense.

2022-6-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 6-23 06:42
I love your guys' banter. It's so comical, though I side with you most of the time since at least you have common sense.

lol, appreciate that
2022-6-23
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 6-23 06:42

Common sense........ Nah but he certainly does not have a Mini 3.... But seems to know a lot about it.
I see you live in the US..... That kind of rules out any real judgement skill now doesn't it
2022-6-23
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-23 08:23
Common sense........ Nah but he certainly does not have a Mini 3.... But seems to know a lot about it.
I see you live in the US..... That kind of rules out any real judgement skill now doesn't it

Not sure how you come up with your last statement. Seems like an insult to us in the states for no reason, and with nothing to support it.
Wow you really are a joke..
2022-6-23
Use props
Falcoc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 370965 ft
United States

Beta5K Posted at 6-23 09:04
Not sure how you come up with your last statement. Seems like an insult to us in the states for no reason, and with nothing to support it.
Wow you really are a joke..

It's what he does. He starts attacking peoples country as soon as a member disagrees with him on something.
2022-6-23
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
United States

Falcoc Posted at 6-23 09:41
It's what he does. He starts attacking peoples country as soon as a member disagrees with him on something.

I guess you can't take this guy seriously.

I'm just going to keep referencing this post from him: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=266771
"When the drone is charged it is quite a bit heavier and is very near the 250g... I understand UK electricity is heavier that US Electricity"
Christ, you can't help some people I guess.
2022-6-23
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

I use this battery for 3 years on my Mavic 2 Pro

2022-6-23
Use props
JaviviPro
lvl.3
United States

Indio Posted at 6-23 23:45
I use this battery for 3 years on my Mavic 2 Pro

[view_image]

Interesting, none of the dual aligned pins seem bended or anything, no issues at all nice
2022-6-24
Use props
HamDesigner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33996 ft
United States

I am SO grateful that I know actual GOOD people from across the pond, or else I would think they were all ashholes if I only read what noplumbs wrote.
I've been lurking quite a bunch, and seeing the back-and-forth between this moron and Bashy.  With this last post, it is obvious to me that noplumbs is just another forum troll.

Anyway, to actually contribute to the conversation, instead of trolling the forum and being a generally useless noplumb, I can confirm that there is a difference in potential between those two pins; they aren't ganged together.  As such, I would not use that battery for fear of them shorting together and basically causing the battery to catch fire, which with a LiPo, would be the most likely outcome if the DJI "smarts" inside don't protect against such a thing.
2022-6-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Folks, if someone is posting offensive etc. content, use the "report" button. Since several trolls have been booted in the last few months I assume it eventually builds up enough of a 'bad score' that the mods eventually give the recipient the boot.
2022-6-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-23 08:23

If there is one thing i have learnt on forums and that is that's its inevitable that we will get folks like yourself come on and just talk rubbish and offend people.

You really seem to have issues with me not having a Mini 3 Pro, i have never claimed to have one, and i will not get one until the current issues have been resolved.

I have the Fly More Kit though, do i get any points for that?

Now stop insulting our friends across the pond and concentrate on your own issues, such as learning how to use Active Track properly, learning about the different weights of electricity and stop being so hypocritical all the time, oh and stop worrying about where i post, that's got nothing to do with you.
2022-6-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Indio Posted at 6-23 23:45
I use this battery for 3 years on my Mavic 2 Pro

[view_image]

Wow, thats just how my P4P battery looked but it was only on 2 terminals i think, it happened after i dropped it, yes, it could still be used after i cleaned up the burnt parts, but i didn't dare use it, sadly it was the least used battery too lol, always the case, it ended up in a bucket of water, that was about £170 up the swanny.
2022-6-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Send it back for repair under warranty. Not worth risking something worse happening whilst it's in the air.
2022-6-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 6-23 10:10
I guess you can't take this guy seriously.

I'm just going to keep referencing this post from him: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=266771

I think you've missed the quirky Brit humour of that one
2022-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules