DLog M in Mini 3 Pro Required
8753 39 2022-6-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HammadAliFilm
lvl.2

Pakistan

As we all know Mini 3 pro is a Pro drone if we will have Dlog M we can easily match the Dlog M footage of Mavic 2 and Mavic 3 with our Mini 3 Pro since it can record 10 bit footage Dlog m can be easily ported to mini 3 pro please Dji Support i am requesting to add DLog M in mini 3 pro.
2022-6-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there HammadAliFilm. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mini 3 Pro updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-6-22
Use props
HammadAliFilm
lvl.2

Pakistan

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-22 22:12
Hello there HammadAliFilm. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mini 3 Pro updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.

Sure because at some places we unable to fly mavic 2 or mavic 3 so we have mini 3 pro in tight locations and those locations where only 249g drones are allowed so we can use mini 3 pro there and fulfil the purpose of mini 3 pro.
2022-6-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 great idea.
2022-6-22
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Italy

Aint going to happen, extra processing on a fully taxed pipeline, more heat issues.  They didn't think 10 bit Cinelike would work.  You can match anyway - plenty of D-Cinelike to Rec.709 LUTs available.
2022-6-23
Use props
HammadAliFilm
lvl.2

Pakistan

gnirtS Posted at 6-23 01:52
Aint going to happen, extra processing on a fully taxed pipeline, more heat issues.  They didn't think 10 bit Cinelike would work.  You can match anyway - plenty of D-Cinelike to Rec.709 LUTs available.

There is no heating issues because while flying the drone back propellers are designed to send wind into heatsinks that's why mini 3 pro doesn't heat while recording 4k 10 bit in dcinelike so the same will apply on D log m drone will not get heat. This is labeled as pro drone so pro drone must have DLog m to match the footage.
2022-6-23
Use props
iamsachin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111106 ft
India

Why not just use Rec. 709?
2022-6-23
Use props
iamsachin
lvl.2
India

I feel they have stretched out the balance between processing power and thermal throttling with 10bit D-cinelike. Anything more might just be a technical and thermal limitation.
2022-6-23
Use props
HammadAliFilm
lvl.2

Pakistan

iamsachin Posted at 6-23 02:03
Why not just use Rec. 709?

Because D Log m provides better dynamic range so we can match the footage experience also colors varies from log to log so if we will have same log profile we can match the same footage without getting in conversions headache   
2022-6-23
Use props
HammadAliFilm
lvl.2

Pakistan

iamsachin Posted at 6-23 02:04
I feel they have stretched out the balance between processing power and thermal throttling with 10bit D-cinelike. Anything more might just be a technical and thermal limitation.

like i said above back propellers are designed to provide wind in drone heatsink for cooling there is not issue because this feature will working when drone is actually flying
2022-6-23
Use props
iamsachin
lvl.2
India

HammadAliFilm Posted at 6-23 02:07
like i said above back propellers are designed to provide wind in drone heatsink for cooling there is not issue because this feature will working when drone is actually flying

I get that. But processors and chipsets still have a limitation. There is only so much that one can do with mechanical cooling.
There are three things to balance here: processing power, battery consumption and thermal levels.
2022-6-23
Use props
HammadAliFilm
lvl.2

Pakistan

iamsachin Posted at 6-23 02:10
I get that. But processors and chipsets still have a limitation. There is only so much that one can do with mechanical cooling.
There are three things to balance here: processing power, battery consumption and thermal levels.

if it can do dcinelike 10 bit than it can also do Dlog m too if you see the specs there is not much difference but it will saved you from alot of conversion in editing videos and this is pro model it is designed to do 10 bit log  
2022-6-23
Use props
iamsachin
lvl.2
India

Furthermore, this maybe a product decision to not include D-Log. For example, Mini 2 could have tracking, but it never arrived. If you move around in a Quick Shot, it could track you.
They might just want us to go for a higher priced model.

Most people in professional videography would definitely go for a heavier drone with permissions and authorizations.
2022-6-23
Use props
HammadAliFilm
lvl.2

Pakistan

iamsachin Posted at 6-23 02:19
Furthermore, this maybe a product decision to not include D-Log. For example, Mini 2 could have tracking, but it never arrived. If you move around in a Quick Shot, it could track you.
They might just want us to go for a higher priced model.

its already higher priced equal to air series mini 3 pro with RC is $900+ since it have tag of pro it should have Dlog m beacuse all dji pro drone have it not matter size and price
2022-6-23
Use props
HammadAliFilm
lvl.2

Pakistan

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-22 22:12

Did you forward?
2022-6-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

HammadAliFilm Posted at 6-22 22:23
Sure because at some places we unable to fly mavic 2 or mavic 3 so we have mini 3 pro in tight locations and those locations where only 249g drones are allowed so we can use mini 3 pro there and fulfil the purpose of mini 3 pro.

Hi there HammadAliFilm. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these additional information. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-6-26
Use props
provanguard
lvl.3
Flight distance : 74911 ft
Denmark

I also would like to get DLog for my Mini 3 Pro. Please kindly add it in the future firmware update.
2022-12-10
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Not going to happen.  Processor is maxed out providing Cinelike.

Its not just a case of writing it in firmware - the bottleneck is hardware.
2022-12-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HammadAliFilm Posted at 6-23 01:59
There is no heating issues because while flying the drone back propellers are designed to send wind into heatsinks that's why mini 3 pro doesn't heat while recording 4k 10 bit in dcinelike so the same will apply on D log m drone will not get heat. This is labeled as pro drone so pro drone must have DLog m to match the footage.

There are heating issues, test it yourself, you're in a hot country, wait for a nice, calm, hot day 35C+ send it up and let it hover, PS, make sure its over land and that the landing area is free from anything that could damage the drone ;)
2022-12-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 12-10 04:54
Not going to happen.  Processor is maxed out providing Cinelike.

Its not just a case of writing it in firmware - the bottleneck is hardware.

I would like to know where you're getting your information from. How do you know that the CPU is maxed out? Does it not have a separate GPU?
2022-12-10
Use props
primeshooter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1433114 ft
United Kingdom

Dcinelike is pretty good. I was impressed they got 10bit out of it. Dlog would be amazing though but perhaps it is not possible.
2022-12-10
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 12-10 07:47
I would like to know where you're getting your information from. How do you know that the CPU is maxed out? Does it not have a separate GPU?

DJI themselves posted this when the Cinelike came out.
They didnt think Cinelike was possible in 10 bit but engineers found it to be *just* about within limits.
D-log isn't happening.  There's no capacity.
2022-12-10
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

primeshooter Posted at 12-10 08:04
Dcinelike is pretty good. I was impressed they got 10bit out of it. Dlog would be amazing though but perhaps it is not possible.

I've not seen any real differences between the 10 bit Cineline and my M2P D-log in terms of flexibility.
2022-12-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 12-10 09:51
DJI themselves posted this when the Cinelike came out.
They didnt think Cinelike was possible in 10 bit but engineers found it to be *just* about within limits.
D-log isn't happening.  There's no capacity.

I would like to see it, please?
2022-12-10
Use props
kosnis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459347 ft
Greece

gnirtS Posted at 6-23 01:52
Aint going to happen, extra processing on a fully taxed pipeline, more heat issues.  They didn't think 10 bit Cinelike would work.  You can match anyway - plenty of D-Cinelike to Rec.709 LUTs available.

Can you suggest a D-cinelike to Rec 709 thats works well? Thanks !
2022-12-10
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

HammadAliFilm Posted at 6-23 02:06
Because D Log m provides better dynamic range so we can match the footage experience also colors varies from log to log so if we will have same log profile we can match the same footage without getting in conversions headache

Implementing D Log M in the M3P would only make your color management workflow easier, when combining footage from different drones, but the dynamic range won't be better, because that is limited by the sensor.

Creating a LUT for the M3P, that matches the color of the other drones would be a possible alternative solution.
2022-12-11
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4537612 ft
Kazakhstan

kosnis Posted at 12-10 23:27
Can you suggest a D-cinelike to Rec 709 thats works well? Thanks !

D-CineLike LUT DJI Mini 3 Pro D-Log to Rec709.zip (408.42 KB, Down times: 40)
2022-12-11
Use props
provanguard
lvl.3
Switzerland

What's up with this linked LUT? Mini 3 Pro does not have DLog (yet). It only has DCinelike, which is not Log, but a flat profile.
2022-12-11
Use props
provanguard
lvl.3
Switzerland

For anyone familiar with the Leeming LUTs, he also made a LUT for Mini 3 Pro for both DCinelike and Normal profiles. There is a very interesting comment inside the documentation for the LUTs, regarding the 10-bit color on the Mini 3 Pro:

"10bit on this camera seems to still incur banding in flat areas of the image, so I think it’s probably pseudo-10bit at best."

Reference:
https://www.leeminglutpro.com/do ... _DJI_Mini_3_Pro.pdf
2022-12-11
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

provanguard Posted at 12-11 05:37
What's up with this linked LUT? Mini 3 Pro does not have DLog (yet). It only has DCinelike, which is not Log, but a flat profile.

Nothing happened to him, that's what I called the file.
2022-12-11
Use props
55Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

D-Log M is just another branding for D-Cinelike. Neither are log nor have wider gamut. Only D-Log (without M) on the P4P, Inspire 2 and Mavic 3 are actual Log and actually match really well
Every single D-Log M implementation is entirely different.
E.g. the Mavic 2 Pro and Air 2S both using D-Log M don't match at all.

2022-12-13
Use props
55Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

HammadAliFilm Posted at 6-23 02:06

Dynamic range on the Mini 3 Pro after the latest firmware update and sharpening/NR set to -2 has been good actually, as good as the Air 2S at least.

With these settings you can easily get two more stops out of the shadows which were mushy before without any detail left. Just push shadows in post and make sure you don't clip your highlights.
2022-12-13
Use props
55Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

provanguard Posted at 12-11 05:41
For anyone familiar with the Leeming LUTs, he also made a LUT for Mini 3 Pro for both DCinelike and Normal profiles. There is a very interesting comment inside the documentation for the LUTs, regarding the 10-bit color on the Mini 3 Pro:

"10bit on this camera seems to still incur banding in flat areas of the image, so I think it’s probably pseudo-10bit at best."

I agree. I don't think DJI ever did correct 10 bit on any of their drones. Especially highlights are a nightmare with their "10 bit". That is another reason you shouldn't use actual Log on any of these drones unless you can shoot ProRes (Mavic 3 Cine) or DNG/PRR.
2022-12-13
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

55Media Posted at 12-13 01:45
D-Log M is just another branding for D-Cinelike. Neither are log nor have wider gamut. Only D-Log (without M) on the P4P, Inspire 2 and Mavic 3 are actual Log and actually match really well
Every single D-Log M implementation is entirely different.
E.g. the Mavic 2 Pro and Air 2S both using D-Log M don't match at all.

The original filename was quite different. I renamed it for myself. You can rename it however you like.
I compared this LUT with a video with a standard profile. The output is almost identical.
You try to apply it yourself.
2022-12-13
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

Another LUTs, I liked v2
DJI D-Cinelike to Rec 709.zip (132.53 KB, Down times: 29)
2023-1-9
Use props
Darryl Severn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91490 ft

Australia

Drone Jockey Posted at 2022-12-11 00:27
Implementing D Log M in the M3P would only make your color management workflow easier, when combining footage from different drones, but the dynamic range won't be better, because that is limited by the sensor.

Creating a LUT for the M3P, that matches the color of the other drones would be a possible alternative solution.
That’s misleading. The sensor is one part of the equation. The file format is another which was a driving reason for creating log files in the first place. At a practical level I ran a test shot (on an Inspire 2) where the same frame was saved in 2 formats. Because most compression format lose information as part of the algorithm, it was impossible to get both images looking the same, and that was in the level of detail, the dynamic range, and colour. Nothing to do with the sensor as both used the same sensor at the same time. File format is the only difference. Lossless compression is the holy grail of image formats, but it doesn't really exist. Log gets a lot closer than most, but even so there are still losses - just small enough that most don't see them.
2023-7-22
Use props
tazzt0ne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1240184 ft
Switzerland

did u make this LUT yourself or where is it from? just trying to evaluate them. thanks
also as mentioned already why did u name it "D-Log"?
2023-10-8
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

tazzt0ne Posted at 10-8 00:14
did u make this LUT yourself or where is it from? just trying to evaluate them. thanks
also as mentioned already why did u name it "D-Log"?

This is from the Internet.
So it was shorter.
It worked for me, there are other paid options, and I haven’t checked them.
2023-10-8
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Clear and understandable explanation of Cinelike & post-processing

Since I can not follow here about LUT I found this German video :-)

2023-10-8
Use props
Drone.Hunter
Second Officer
Kazakhstan

2023-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules