RC vs RC-N1 Controller
7783 8 2022-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JPC2016
lvl.1

United States

I am a beginner. I currently own an older Parrot model. After doing my research I have decided that the Mini 3 Pro is the drone I will get if I take the next step. My question is specific to the topic title: Is the RC worth the extra cost? Other than the screen and as the marketing information states; freeing up my Mobile phone. What other advantages does going to the RC model with the screen have which the RC-N1 does not have? Any information provided so I can make the best decision/purchase for my use and needs would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.
2022-6-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've just bought the Mini3 Pro with the dedicated RC and integrated screen. I am pleased that I made that choice. In addition to the advantages you mention, I like the fact that there are no wires to connect and disconnect. Just switch it on and it works. I have no experience of the RCN1 controller ( you need the advice of someone like  @DAFlys who has both).  But I've heard people say that the RCN1 doesn't hold the smartphone particularly well. and others discovering the hard way that their phone was not compatible with the software..  The difference between the two controllers in financial terms is significant, but to me it was worth the extra expense.  I'm sure you'll get more responses and advice soon.  First impressions from me for the Mini3 -  brilliant.
2022-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive flown my Mini3 with both the dedicated controller and the N1 remote with iPhone 13 pro Max and I can say that apart from setup (not having to mount the phone, plug in etc) then have the phone screen dim after a few minutes because its getting hot.   The dedicated remote has a much smoother video feed and its definitely easier to see the screen.   I was very skeptical about the Smart controller but after getting one it rally changed my enjoyment of flying,  and this new controller is exactly the same,  pull it out and turn on and go.
2022-6-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The RC is more expensive than the RC-N1 but well worth the investment in my opinion.  Just turn it on, turn drone on and fly....no wires to hook up, doesn't tie up your mobile device and the RC doesn't dim like most mobile devices do when they heat up.  Like others said no issue with mobile device compatibility as RC has built in Fly App.  

Unlike the DJI RC Pro you can't download any Apps to it and it doesn't have HDMI capability.  At the present time the Mini 3 Pro RC is not compatible with any other DJI Drones.  

2022-6-24
Use props
JPC2016
lvl.1

United States

Thank you for the comments. From what i have read it seems that spending the few extra dollars to get the RC is worth it. I just ordered the pro with the extra longer life batteries plus the 2 yr insurance. Shipping time seems long. Hoping it arrives before the end of July.
2022-6-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JPC2016 Posted at 6-25 05:38
Thank you for the comments. From what i have read it seems that spending the few extra dollars to get the RC is worth it. I just ordered the pro with the extra longer life batteries plus the 2 yr insurance. Shipping time seems long. Hoping it arrives before the end of July.

You're very welcome.    I know you will enjoy the RC Pro.

Hope you are having a great weekend.
2022-6-26
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

i think it not  from the value/cost point of view
2022-7-18
Use props
djiuser_PtYAPUxydrFg
New
Flight distance : 23110 ft
Germany

I want to exchange my DJI RC-N1 with DJI RC. Is there any possibility to change by just paying the change of value?
2023-1-8
Use props
fans21f46d12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129514 ft
United States

The RC will NOT allow you to fly with a satellite view
2023-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules