Stick not working - urgent - Mini 3 PRO!
6615 27 2022-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I just activated the Mini 3 Pro and smart controller is connected.Gimbal, RC, IMU, Compass - everything has been calibrated.
Also both drone and smart controller are running latest firmware.
But there is a big problem!

The right stick, MOVE FRONT AND BACK works.
but MOVE RIGHT or LEFT movement doesnt work.

It doesnt work in NORMAL and CINEMATIC mode both.
But working fine in SPORTS MODE.

Why is it so ?
2022-6-23
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

go into settings on the controller and enable sideways flight.  its disabled by default
2022-6-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 6-23 09:48
go into settings on the controller and enable sideways flight.  its disabled by default

That's not my finding. After getting my Mini3 Pro, charging up and performing all the updates, I simply launched it and tested all the stick movements.  They worked just fine.  I'm aware that sideways movement can be disabled in certain circumstances, but I had not altered any settings at that point.
2022-6-23
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 6-23 11:09
That's not my finding. After getting my Mini3 Pro, charging up and performing all the updates, I simply launched it and tested all the stick movements.  They worked just fine.  I'm aware that sideways movement can be disabled in certain circumstances, but I had not altered any settings at that point.

That's strange. On mine it was also disabled at first start.
Discovered  it while doing the first setup before first flight.
2022-6-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 6-23 11:43
That's strange. On mine it was also disabled at first start.

I'll check it again next time I fly it.
2022-6-23
Use props
tanasit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

Mine works fine without any changes from default.
Not even realize that side way can be disabled. !
2022-6-23
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

wonder if the sideways was disabled dependant on what firmware you are using at the point of charging and settting up for the first time
2022-6-23
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 6-23 11:43
That's strange. On mine it was also disabled at first start.

Just checked it again and sideways flight is fine. Latest firmware updated just two days ago when I got the drone.
2022-6-23
Use props
Lobster
lvl.3
United Kingdom

mine was disabled out of the box, but once sideways flight was enabled it's stayed that way since. I got my drone on the first round of dispatches and I've had to update the firmware a couple of times so maybe the earlier ones were disabled by default
2022-6-23
Use props
enricorc_cz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609390 ft
Czechia

Lobster Posted at 6-23 22:33
mine was disabled out of the box, but once sideways flight was enabled it's stayed that way since.

I have sideways moves disabled by default too...
2022-6-23
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

mine was disabled out of the box, but once sideways flight was enabled it's stayed that way since. I got my drone on the first round of dispatches and I've had to update the firmware a couple of times so maybe the earlier ones were disabled by default

Mine was also with the first batch.
After i have enabled sideways flight everything was fine even after all those updates
2022-6-24
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 6-24 02:56
Mine was also with the first batch.
After i have enabled sideways flight everything was fine even after all those updates

i was a first batch also.  maybe DJI didn't trust our piloting skills?
2022-6-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sideways flight was disabled right out of the box for my Mini 3 Pro.  I enabled sideways flight and it never reverted back.  So I'd check your settings and see what it is defaulted to.
2022-6-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For those commenting on whether or not sideways flight was disabled on arrival, what controller are you using? The more information given about the circumstances e.g. firmware, app version etc. perhaps the better the chance of finding a pattern.

e.g. with the mavic 2 pro/zoom some non sync'ing people had DAT logs on their phone, others did not. That came down to the RC1B NOT creating DAT logs.
2022-6-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sideways flight is initially disabled of you have Obstacle avoidance set to Bypass. Also if that is set to bypass the left and right is very abrupt. Best to set it to Brake. Also click the switch to make sure sideways flight is enabled
2022-6-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

tanasit Posted at 6-23 12:25
Mine works fine without any changes from default.
Not even realize that side way can be disabled. !

Yep. Same here. No impediment to movement in any direction straight out of the box, after charging and updates of course.
2022-6-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mine was disabled out of the box, but once sideways flight was enabled it's stayed that way since. I got my drone on the first round of dispatches and I've had to update the firmware a couple of times so maybe the earlier ones were disabled by default

I think you've hit the nail on the head there.
2022-6-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 6-24 06:24
For those commenting on whether or not sideways flight was disabled on arrival, what controller are you using? The more information given about the circumstances e.g. firmware, app version etc. perhaps the better the chance of finding a pattern.

e.g. with the mavic 2 pro/zoom some non sync'ing people had DAT logs on their phone, others did not. That came down to the RC1B NOT creating DAT logs.

If that is the factor, then for clarification I'm using the Dedicated DJI RC.
2022-6-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-24 08:22
Sideways flight is initially disabled of you have Obstacle avoidance set to Bypass. Also if that is set to bypass the left and right is very abrupt. Best to set it to Brake. Also click the switch to make sure sideways flight is enabled

My obstacle avoidance setting is still at the default setting. I haven't changed any settings from when I got it. Sideways movement is unaffected - I have the dedicated DJI RC.
2022-6-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you managed to resolve your problem now?
2022-6-24
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
Norway

yes got it solved.
2022-6-24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ignore, duplicated post
2022-6-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Soam Posted at 6-24 22:50
yes got it solved.

Could you tell us how? Someone else might turn up in the same boat an appreciate the information.
2022-6-25
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Soam Posted at 6-24 22:50
yes got it solved.

That's good news. How did you sort it out?
2022-6-25
Use props
djiuser_gDcLiwTqOOIj
New

United States

I have the same problem please if you can comment on how you got this resolved it wold really help me thank you
2022-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Dear all,
Please check the following details:
1. Check your flight environment. Please select an open environment without obstacles for flying.
2. Check whether the aircraft, remote controller, and app are the latest versions. If they are not the latest version or if it is demo firmware, please update your firmware to the latest version.
3. Check whether you have enabled the “Disable Sideways Flight” option. If enabled, please disable it. The option position is as shown below. If you have enabled it, the sideways flight is not available in Normal mode. However, when the remote controller is switched to Tripod mode or Sport mode, a sideways flight is available.

2022-9-21
Use props
djiuser_cQBIIeZTMu0e
New

India

My DJI mini 3 pro drone not moving front and back and it's showing error as vision system and obstacles avoidance is disabled kindly let me know how to resolve this
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_cQBIIeZTMu0e Posted at 11-27 05:46
My DJI mini 3 pro drone not moving front and back and it's showing error as vision system and obstacles avoidance is disabled kindly let me know how to resolve this

Hi there. According to India's Import Policy, Drones are 'prohibited' except for R&D and defense use. There are no DJI Authorized Retail Stores in India to sell drones. So we cannot provide aftersales services for you. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and your understanding is highly appreciated.  
2023-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules