Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Video from VIC VideoplC
DJI Mini 3 Pro Range Issues / Test with two remote controls, different settings and locations

2022-6-23
Use props
FlashNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391709 ft
United States

Have you tried explicitly setting to 2.4 or 5.8 and seen if it makes a difference? Another youtuber said it did. The Mini 3 pro may be choosing 2.4 in a high interference area where it really should choose 5.8
2022-6-23
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlashNY Posted at 6-23 12:49
Have you tried explicitly setting to 2.4 or 5.8 and seen if it makes a difference? Another youtuber said it did. The Mini 3 pro may be choosing 2.4 in a high interference area where it really should choose 5.8

I haven't as I have not even received my Mini 3 Pro yet.  But, VIC talks about the various frequency settings in the video.
2022-6-23
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlashNY Posted at 6-23 12:49

(for those with "problems"). Seems plausible.
2022-6-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there BobWinNV. Good day and thank you for sharing this video that you have came upon with us. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-6-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2022-6-23
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing Bob!
2022-6-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing!
2022-6-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing Bob.  
2022-6-24
Use props
De Fender
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141 ft
Germany

yes I have tried it and neither setting it to 2.4 or to 5.8 or switching off Wifi and Bluetooth does make a difference - the youtuber might be having his drone from DJI and is trying to calm the issue. I have stopped watching those youtube channels like him and especially DM Productions. If I want to watch a DJI Marketing campaign I go to the DJI website.
2022-6-24
Use props
Xtropy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12625 ft
Canada

If you're in North America, this is worth a try:

2022-6-24
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

De Fender Posted at 6-24 09:00
yes I have tried it and neither setting it to 2.4 or to 5.8 or switching off Wifi and Bluetooth does make a difference - the youtuber might be having his drone from DJI and is trying to calm the issue. I have stopped watching those youtube channels like him and especially DM Productions. If I want to watch a DJI Marketing campaign I go to the DJI website.

I'm pretty sure the creator of this video bought the Mini 3 with his own money and he was being genuinely optimistic regarding a firmware fix. I agree with you about the DM Productions guy though. Everything regarding his mini 3 is "Fantastic" or "Perfect", I now refuse to give him clicks.

I think it is fairly safe to say that the Mini 3 has signal issues, certainly in CE regions, and I'm not entirely sure this can be remedied with firmware. I can get decent range but the signal starts losing bars from around 300m. It also has trouble with any sort of obstacle penetration. This video shows how poor it is:

2022-6-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RalUK Posted at 6-24 23:25
I'm pretty sure the creator of this video bought the Mini 3 with his own money and he was being genuinely optimistic regarding a firmware fix. I agree with you about the DM Productions guy though. Everything regarding his mini 3 is "Fantastic" or "Perfect", I now refuse to give him clicks.

I think it is fairly safe to say that the Mini 3 has signal issues, certainly in CE regions, and I'm not entirely sure this can be remedied with firmware. I can get decent range but the signal starts losing bars from around 300m. It also has trouble with any sort of obstacle penetration. This video shows how poor it is:

This is the very reason why a range test is essential, if the range is good with no issues throughout or till at least near the end then you know that the drone should be ok at close range, as it stands, the range tests in CE proves that this is not the case and your video shows the effects that this has, thanks for sharing chap. As a side note, no way in hell should you have lost signal at such close range and with OS3 no less.

I am wondering if there is a caveat here, as it wasn't obvious in the video, was the controller in the landy? If so, to be honest, this loss of signal even being so close is expected.
2022-6-24
Use props
RalUK
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-24 23:34
This is the very reason why a range test is essential, if the range is good with no issues throughout or till at least near the end then you know that the drone should be ok at close range, as it stands, the range tests in CE proves that this is not the case and your video shows the effects that this has, thanks for sharing chap. As a side note, no way in hell should you have lost signal at such close range and with OS3 no less.

I am wondering if there is a caveat here, as it wasn't obvious in the video, was the controller in the landy? If so, to be honest, this loss of signal even being so close is expected.

Just to be clear, this is not my video. I am in currently in the process of potentially thinking about working out how to upload videos to YT
2022-6-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RalUK Posted at 6-24 23:40
Just to be clear, this is not my video. I am in currently in the process of potentially thinking about working out how to upload videos to YT

Ah, my bad, i thought that when you said "the creator", i thought you were referring to the 1st post video, i should read properly lol, show me moving images as well and that takes president lol
2022-6-25
Use props
De Fender
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141 ft
Germany

RalUK Posted at 6-24 23:25

I agree with you on the first guy I had the impression he wanted to help with the issue - so I might have been to hard on him.
2022-6-25
Use props
Meuhbat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225210 ft
France

His rural signal performance is much worse than with my mini 3 in CE, so either his drone has an issue, or there is more interference than he thinks in this area with maybe high power transmission towers in LoS. But I agree the signal is too sensible to interference and quite weak above 1000m in rural.
2022-6-25
Use props
djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196811 ft
Latvia

yeah, having the same issues, and losing signal at similar distance. In very isolated area
2022-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules