DJI Osmo Action will only stay on for a few seconds
1385 6 2022-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pluggyboy
New
United States

Hi, one of my kids decided to put the Osmo Action under the water without the flap on the side closed. At first it wouldn't work at all but after drying it out I stuck the battery in and it turned on for a few seconds and then died. The unit has been on charge for a long time and shows 1/4 full battery while it is on. I am wondering if I just need to buy a new battery or if there is something else going on?
2022-6-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there pluggyboy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Osmo Action after it was placed under water without the USB-C cover. It would best for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-6-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

water  as in  what type of water, fresh, salt, pool, brackish.

camera must dry out in fresh and not turned on.  once it is fully dried, it may work,   the  camera must dry.
2022-6-24
Use props
pluggyboy
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-23 19:51
Hello there pluggyboy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since we are having this issue with your DJI Osmo Action after it was placed under water without the USB-C cover. It would best for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Thanks for the response. I ordered a new battery the day I posted this, and it arrived yesterday. My camera works perfectly again, it appears that it was just the battery that was ruined.
2022-6-28
Use props
pluggyboy
New
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 6-24 03:14
water  as in  what type of water, fresh, salt, pool, brackish.

camera must dry out in fresh and not turned on.  once it is fully dried, it may work,   the  camera must dry.

Thanks for the response. I ordered a new battery the day I posted this, and it arrived yesterday. My camera works perfectly again, it appears that it was just the battery that was ruined.
2022-6-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

glad its working,    thanks for the point
2022-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

pluggyboy Posted at 6-28 07:27

Hi there pluggyboy. Thank you for the reply and for these update. If you have any concerns or any issue with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. .
2022-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules