Panorama - Full equirectangular request
810 6 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sashax
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1280 ft
Italy

The DJI Mini 3 can photograph the zenith, that is, the point at the top that is perfectly vertical to the camera, using the vertical camera mode (and pointing it upwards of course).
Although it is not a real zenith photo (as the camera is not perfectly aligned upwards).
This would allow the Mini 3 to capture complete equirectangular, i.e. a full spherical panorama.
(Note: the only drone I know of that can take real zenith photography is the Parrot Anafi.)
Currently  the panorama captured by the Mini 3 lacks much of the upper part of the  sphere, in fact usually the sky is largely reconstructed in a bad way  by the software.
This is a real shame, but it could be solved by a software upgrade.
I therefore request this feature, which could make the Mini 3 even more versatile.
I invite all readers and DJI to support and upvote this request.
Tx!

2022-6-24
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I strongly support this request. DJI we can still manually make 360 x 180 degree panos with the Mini 3 Pro but it is additional work whereas it would be so much easier to complete this automatically with a firmware change. You have gone to all the trouble of allowing the gimbal to tilt so far upwards why not make a relatively small change to the 360 Pano function to include those upper shots to provide a perfect 360 x 180 Pano? Really hope you will implement this. It may be easier if you take all the images with the camera in vertical/portrait mode as those stitching externally find the software prefers the images all in the same orientation.

Thanks DJI!!
2022-6-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there sashax. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I will forwarded to the designated DJI department for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Mini 3 Pro updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com . Thank you.
2022-6-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can add my voice to that argument- it's a good idea.
2022-6-24
Use props
Ronsk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 273153 ft

United Kingdom

Adding my vote for this as well, also is bracketing possible in Panorama mode?
2022-6-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1, great idea.  
2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_BcW0MMynRO7a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4507595 ft
Italy

+1. I need this also.... I thought it was already present when I was buying the drone and I was very disapponted not having this yet.
2022-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules