Battery not self discharging on new firmware
835 19 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So number one I have never saw a battery update on any of my 3 batteries, but they did discharge after a few days, from installing the latest update V01.05.0000 after 5 days they are all still fully charged? Has the time to discharge been increased?
2022-6-24
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

It is 9 days for more than one year now.
2022-6-24
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Not for me, after two days 95% after 9 days to approx 75%
2022-6-24
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

You answerd it your self and as already mentioned this has been changed more than 1 yaer ago.
2022-6-24
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

How did you come to that conclusion, it didn’t behave like this 2 weeks ago. To be clear it started the discharge process after 2 days and took 9 days to get to 75%.
2022-6-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is quite interesting, i am not on the latest firmware for one specific reason that i will not go into, i last charged mine last Saturday after i got home from a session, i then went to charge it yesterday and the one in the drone needed a top up but the 3 in the hub did not need doing, these should have last at least 4%, they certainly used to i.e. when i charged them last Friday ready for that weekend, they needed a top up then, so i wonder what's going on...
2022-6-24
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Bashy Posted at 6-24 15:35
This is quite interesting, i am not on the latest firmware for one specific reason that i will not go into, i last charged mine last Saturday after i got home from a session, i then went to charge it yesterday and the one in the drone needed a top up but the 3 in the hub did not need doing, these should have last at least 4%, they certainly used to i.e. when i charged them last Friday ready for that weekend, they needed a top up then, so i wonder what's going on...

I have stopped leaving mine in the hub after the whole issue with them not discharging while they were in said hub.  
2022-6-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mhinc Posted at 6-25 22:20
I have stopped leaving mine in the hub after the whole issue with them not discharging while they were in said hub.

That was resolved a good while back with a firmware update, i recharge mine weekly anyway so i can keep an eye on them
2022-6-25
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-25 22:51
That was resolved a good while back with a firmware update, i recharge mine weekly anyway so i can keep an eye on them
Not reliably resolved, though, unfortunately.

I've still not had any off my four batteries update and the auto discharge - even on the replacement battery sent to me by DJI for this very issue - does not discharge automatically at anywhere near the published rate.
2022-6-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 6-26 14:15
Not reliably resolved, though, unfortunately.

I've still not had any off my four batteries update and the auto discharge - even on the replacement battery sent to me by DJI for this very issue - does not discharge automatically at anywhere near the published rate.

When you have the battery in, go to the update section in the Fly App and click update aircraft fw, even if its on the latest fw, it will then go through the motions and update the battery, it will say its updating the battery, do that for each battery.
2022-6-26
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-26 18:23
When you have the battery in, go to the update section in the Fly App and click update aircraft fw, even if its on the latest fw, it will then go through the motions and update the battery, it will say its updating the battery, do that for each battery.
It doesn't for me.

I have been through this dozens of times and have also downgraded and upgrade the aircraft firmware through DJI assistant and am still never prompted to update the battery firmware.

One conclusion could be that my batteries are already at the new fw version (bought November last year, the 'fix' fw was issued in, I think, June last year), but if the batteries are left idle, even out of the hub, after 9 days they are still at over 90%.

I documented this in detail, sent the data to DJI, they said my batteries were faulty, I sent one back for repair, and received a new battery replacement.

This new battery behaves exactly the same. I have four batteries, none of which have I ever managed to upgrade and none of which auto discharge in accorda6 with the published rates.

It seems strange that I have four the same - one misbehaving battery would make sense, but all four is odd.

They do eventually lose charge, but only after about a month and that would cause damage.
2022-6-26
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 6-26 23:11
It doesn't for me.

I have been through this dozens of times and have also downgraded and upgrade the aircraft firmware through DJI assistant and am still never prompted to update the battery firmware.

Erm, if they are at 90% after 9 days then its working,  after 24hrs they will discharge to 94 or 96% after 9 days they will start to discharge to 70 odd, if at 90% after 9 days then its started to drop to the 70 odd %
2022-6-27
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-27 20:03
Erm, if they are at 90% after 9 days then its working,  after 24hrs they will discharge to 94 or 96% after 9 days they will start to discharge to 70 odd, if at 90% after 9 days then its started to drop to the 70 odd %
They are not discharging at the rate stated in the manual.
2022-6-28
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-27 20:03

Post #31 in this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=254377&extra=&page=3#comments show my tests in detail.

The manual says about 70% after 9 days, none of mine got to below 88%.

This issue is still to be found in the wild - it ain't extinct yet.
2022-6-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 6-28 10:32
Post #31 in this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=254377&extra=&page=3#comments show my tests in detail.

The manual says about 70% after 9 days, none of mine got to below 88%.

They do not magically drop from 94% to 70% on day 9, they slowly discharge
2022-6-28
Use props
Mhinc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 151467 ft
Canada

Bashy Posted at 6-25 22:51
That was resolved a good while back with a firmware update, i recharge mine weekly anyway so i can keep an eye on them

Ya I know, just not taking any chances
2022-6-29
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 6-28 20:15
They do not magically drop from 94% to 70% on day 9, they slowly discharge

There is a graph I posted somewhere in that thread that shows the lack of discharge over the 9 days.

I also then charged and then left completely untouched for ninebdays and had the same end result - this was to test the theory that checking the battery every few days 'reset' the discharge 'timer'.

Bottom line is that after 9 days, none of my batteries had discharged to the 72% (?) Stated in the manual. And we're not even close.
2022-6-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 6-29 22:27
There is a graph I posted somewhere in that thread that shows the lack of discharge over the 9 days.

I also then charged and then left completely untouched for ninebdays and had the same end result - this was to test the theory that checking the battery every few days 'reset' the discharge 'timer'.

I was under the impression that at the 9 days is when it started to drop further, to be honest, not so sure i have left it that long to find out but it deffo drops to the 94 or 90* whatever it is at the end of the 1st discharge time.
2022-6-30
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

May i share my experience, as it might help.
After a lot of complains by users, DJI changed the discharge times from 5 to 9 days for the latest drones.
1. I do not store my batteries in the hub.
2. I just stick them from time to time into the hub and it shows automtically the charging/discharging status level.
     -> Do not press the power button on the side of the hub to show the status as it will reset the timer.
     -> Same for the battery in the drone, if drone will be powered on instead of just checking the battery level.
3. Batteries will start to discharge after 24hrs to approx. 94%.
4. Batteries will start to discharge after 9 days to approx. 75% and will take between 1 and 2 days to be finished.
    -> Batteries becoming warm during that during that time and are at room temperatur if finished.
So everything works as expected, at least for me
2022-6-30
Use props
djiuser_fozfpf3kP8eX
New
Flight distance : 53484 ft

Croatia

MySky Posted at 6-30 07:01
May i share my experience, as it might help.
After a lot of complains by users, DJI changed the discharge times from 5 to 9 days for the latest drones.
1. I do not store my batteries in the hub.

Thank you for this comment, as my batteries usually started to lose power after 3 days aprox, but now it takes quite longer.. So at first I thought something was wrong.
2022-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules