Ronin SC2 not working and stuck in Custom mode
4178 9 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevecam
New
United Kingdom

Hi... I purchased a new Ronin SC2 which worked perfectly on the day I tested it. I took it on a professional shoot the day after and after one hour of use the gimbal motors all stopped working during a shot. The gimbal is now stuck in M1 Custom 0. Although I can go to change to any other mode in the settings it immediately returns to custom mode, this happens after trying to change any settings, the battery is still above 70%. It is not being recognised by the app on my Iphone anymore so it will not connect either. Has anyone else experienced this problem.
2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_cM55Nc39A62g
New

Russia

Hello!  Did you manage to solve the problem?  I have the same situation.
2022-8-25
Use props
n7goodwin
New

United States

I've been having the same issue as well. I have a Sony A7III and Sony 85mm 1.8 so I know it's not like it's over the weight capacity. It's perfectly balanced, at 100%, but when I turn it on it goes straight to custom and does not electronically balance itself. It's done this before but then randomly started working just fine - but that's not ideal when I'm on the field filming. Hopefully there's a solution to this.
2022-9-8
Use props
djiuser_nAw6dszI9GDD
New

Uruguay

Having the same problem...
After balancing the gimbal I turn it on, but the engines won't start. It stays in Custom mode M1, even after I manually change this.
It wont connect with the Ronin App either...
Any solutions ?? Thanks!
2022-9-9
Use props
murtada usman
New

Saudi Arabia

i am facing same problem with my dji RSC2
the mode is custom on the screen but not working
i tryed to chang it but not responding and also not connecting to the aap on my mobile
what is the solution ?????
2022-9-18
Use props
stevecam
New
United Kingdom

Hi Guys
I’m sorry I haven’t been on the forum for a while hence the late reply to all who have had a similar problem to me.
Unfortunately after spending over one hour online to DJI and having tried the numerous solutions they suggested my gimbal remained stuck on the M1 custom mode failing to work correctly.
The DJI representative wanted me to send my gimbal to them so they could check it out for themselves, however, having only had the gimbal for one week I contacted the supplier and explained the situation and
I was able to return it for a replacement. The replacement  gimbal so far hasn’t had any problems. I don’t know what the outcome was and if the supplier was able to fix the problem or not.
Maybe there was a bad batch produced with software problems and we’ve all been unlucky, if you can try the same as I did and contact DJI to see if they can help remotely and if not either send it in for repair or contact your supplier if it’s still in warranty for a replacement.
Best of luck with solving the problem.
2022-9-18
Use props
NailTimVideo
lvl.3
Russia

When your gimbal is stuck in custom mode, turn it upside down, and power on. The reason is mostly connected with an issue, when gimbal was turned off in briefcase mode, or something like that. When turned on it thinks that it is still in briefcase mode.
Also I reccomend to clean contacts which are located inside of folding mechanism.
2022-9-19
Use props
Abdalla.Nagi
lvl.1
Egypt

We definitely need to update the DJI RSC 2 firmware to ensure optimal performance.

At the moment to fix it you must power off and then power on again
2023-1-18
Use props
djiuser_6IcygYgDB7ML
New
Argentina

SOLUTION FOUND: DO NOT BLOCK THE GIMBAL MOTORS

Hi, i've read all the messages and tried everything said in here. At first i thought it was an issue when charging the gimbal while being folded, tried turning it on upside down, cleaned every contact, you name it.
This problem started a few months back, and every time the gimbal sorted itself out after a while, but i noticed it always happened after i locked/unlocked the motors.
I have no way to know what's causing the issue so i can't replicate it, but since i started charging and storing the gimbal with the motors unlocked i haven't had any issue.
Moreover, the only time i booted it up and it entered itself in custom mode, the tilt motor was locked. After a few power cycles and moving the locking pin, it came back to normal.

This is in no way a solution but handling the gimbal this way has kept it functional and reliable for me.
Hope this helps everyone else having this issue.
1-3 15:51
Use props
djiuser_5uiTIfSbPWZ2
New

Australia

Same issue default is custom  mode and it never change ..even after updating and reinstalling the app
2-2 13:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules