Are the Mini 3 Pro in USA / Canada switching to CE and not FCC?
7396 7 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1790384 ft
Canada

According to this individual when you see a gaphic that looks like this where -90db line is lower than 1KM you are in FCC mode.
FCC.jpg

However if after it grabs GPS location it jumps to this graphic where -90db is level with 1 KM you are now is CE mode.

CE

CE

If this is true my Mini 3 Pro is switching to CE mode in Canada.  Any comment from DJI?
If what he says is true mine in Canada is jumping into CE mode and  it should be FCC.  But his method of fix didn't work it just goes to CE mode.  (Again assuming he is correct in his statement about the graphics).  

His theory is the drone defaults to FCC mode and then when it gets its location it JUMPS to CE mode.  If he is correct it is not a logical way to do FCC / CE compliance.

CE is lower power mode so it would be more logical to have it start in CE mode (something that is legal everywhere) and when it finds it is in north America it jumps into FCC mode.

If it is working the way he said when you turn it on in Europe it is in FCC mode and transmitting an amount of power that is not legal and then when it gets it location it jumps down to CE mode.  That would mean without GPS location it is running to much power in Europe.

2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_ACytyCzh1k22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1206654 ft
Canada

What I have seen is that it starts in CE mode, then switches to FCC mode when it gets an approximate location with only a few satellites.  Then switches to CE mode when it gets full GPS status and sets home point.  I don't think it would go to FCC without any location known. But I don't know for sure since I am not in a CE region.

The second time you restart the drone(and don't restart the controller), make sure to have lots of time with some GPS satellites before it gets good GPS status and sets home point.   Seems like it switches to CE if it gets full GPS status too soon, and sometimes I don't even see it go to FCC if too quick.

BTW, I am using the new RC controller.
2022-6-24
Use props
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
Canada

After more experimentation with the method described in this video I did get it to work.  For me turning on the drone and holding my hand over the main body of the drone for the first 20-30 seconds while it acquired GPS and then removing my hand allowed it to stay in FCC mode.  Once in FCC mode you can reboot the controller and it is still in FCC mode.  So it is a DRONE and not a contorller issue.  

Hopefully a new firmware will fix this.
2022-6-24
Use props
EdwvLVXnmeVZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213 ft
Canada

I was going to make a video on this...haven't had the time yet.
But I'm glad someone else noticed also.

Yes its an issue in Canada, but I don't know about US.

The easiest way around it, is to turn on the M3P, wait until it initializes.
Then turn it off, and on again.
It will pop in to FCC mode.

It seems to remember this for the rest of the day.
But go back to same location in a few days, and your back into CE on start.

DJI does need to release a fix for sure.
Not only for this, but also the crappy 2.4Ghz power output.

2022-6-24
Use props
Joe Dawson
lvl.3
Canada

EdwvLVXnmeVZ Posted at 6-24 15:25
I was going to make a video on this...haven't had the time yet.
But I'm glad someone else noticed also.

Mine is not going to FCC after a reboot as you described.  For me on the reboot I have to hold my hand over the drone for 15-20  sec then it works
2022-6-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This depends which version of the firmware you have
2022-6-24
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 717218 ft
Canada

Yeah I've sent this info to DJI, others should as well since the more exposure this gets the more seriously they will take it

I'm in Canada and the fix solved the signal issue but it is very annoying having to do it at the start of every flight and battery change. Shouldn't have to do this for a $1000 drone
2022-6-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-24 20:54
This depends which version of the firmware you have

Care to Explain?
2022-6-25
Use props