SOLVED: DJI microphone not being recognized by Macbook
10999 2 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mklenk
New

United States

Hi folks!

I purchased the DJI wireless microphone recently and was happily using it as an external microphone on my Macbook for Zoom calls. I had the receiver plugged in on one of the USB-C / Lightning ports.

A few days ago, my Macbook stopped recognizing the microphone, including the SD card on it. It just wasn't showing up in System Preferences -> Sound > Input even after rebooting the Macbook and receiver several times.

The solution was simple: I had been unplugging and plugging the receiver in and out of the port on the Macbook and, in the process, shifting the USB-C adapter on the bottom of the receiver just enough that it wasn't making contact with the contact points on the receiver. When I shifted it back into the correct position, it started being recognized again by the Macbook.

SO ... this was a simple, but subtle, issue of the adapter not making full contact with the receiver.

I hope this is useful for y'all.

Cheers!
2022-6-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, mklenk. We appreciate you for sharing this troubleshooting that you perform when you experience the said issue on your DJI Wireless Mic. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us and we are more than happy to help. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-6-24
Use props
fansdddfda20
lvl.1

United States

I can get only MONO input into my Mac. How do you get stereo or two-channel input to GarageBand or other App?
2023-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules