Server error. Wait a moment and try again (Error code: -8)
12Next >
21978 48 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62943 ft
United States

Server error. Wait a moment and try again (Error code: -8) This is the message I get every single time I try to check for firmware updates with the new Mini 3 Pro RC controller over WiFi. I can access the internet on my RC controller over my home WiFi but I cannot download any firmware updates. I was able to update the RC firmware to current version: 01.00.0300 but I had to use my cellphone's hotspot connectivity to 4G LTE to do it. This is definitely not convenient. I've already tried removing and reinstalling the WiFi connection on the RC controller and rebooting it many times. No help. Any suggestions?

2022-6-24
Use props
JMCANZO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 305581 ft
United States

That sounds like it is an issue with your WI-FI as you said it connected and downloaded with your hotspot. I would try rebooting your modem/router for your WI-FI
2022-6-24
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

I tried rebooting my router. No resolution. All of my mobile electronic devices including laptops, cellphones tablets etc. have no problems accessing the internet over my home's WiFi connection. The DJI Mini 3 RC controller has no problem accessing the internet over my home's WiFi either. I know this because I can view my current maps and DJI Forum etc. via the DJI Fly app on the RC Controller when I'm in my house via my home's WiFi connection. Also, my flight statistics update to the DJI website after my RC Controller has been on my home's WiFi connection. The only problem I'm having is an inability to download firmware via my RC Controller over my home's WiFi connection.
Also...interestingly, I hooked up my RC controller to my laptop via USB-C cable and then hooked up my laptop directly to the back of my cable modem via ethernet connection and tried to see if I could see any firmware updates for it on DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones). There were none. But, when I disconnected the ethernet cable from my laptop to my modem and instead connected my laptop to my phone via it's hotspot connection to my 4G LTE service I then refreshed my DJI Assitant 2 (Consumer Drones) page and the firmware appears in a list to select and download. Any ideas?
2022-6-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you using a VPN, some sites do not like those
2022-6-25
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-25 18:55
Are you using a VPN, some sites do not like those

No VPN setup. Read my last update above this one, it has more information about a hard connection I tried and inability I'm still getting. Any other ideas?
2022-6-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is a strange one, perhaps contacting support is your best option
2022-6-25
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-25 19:06
It is a strange one, perhaps contacting support is your best option

Yeah I tried that. Not getting any resolution either. Ugh.
2022-6-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh dear, thats not good, i cant even find that error code on google. There is definitely a new fw available for the drone?
2022-6-25
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-25 19:15
Oh dear, thats not good, i cant even find that error code on google. There is definitely a new fw available for the drone?

I was able to update the M3P, RC Controller and my batteries to the latest firmware. However, the only way I was able to was when my RC Controller had access to the internet via my cellphone's hotspot connection to 4G LTE. I cannot see or download any firmware updates when accessing the internet over my home's WiFi connection. I did see the error code somewhere else on these boards by someone else and I didn't see a resolution in their thread either. Any other ideas?
2022-6-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ALOFT Drone Posted at 6-25 19:18
I was able to update the M3P, RC Controller and my batteries to the latest firmware. However, the only way I was able to was when my RC Controller had access to the internet via my cellphone's hotspot connection to 4G LTE. I cannot see or download any firmware updates when accessing the internet over my home's WiFi connection. I did see the error code somewhere else on these boards by someone else and I didn't see a resolution in their thread either. Any other ideas?

Thats the end of my knowledge, its weird that it will do it via mobile data and not wifi internet, hopefully someone will have an idea for you.
2022-6-25
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-25 19:29
Thats the end of my knowledge, its weird that it will do it via mobile data and not wifi internet, hopefully someone will have an idea for you.

Thanks anyway. Maybe someone else will have an idea. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
2022-6-25
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ALOFT Drone Posted at 6-25 19:18
I was able to update the M3P, RC Controller and my batteries to the latest firmware. However, the only way I was able to was when my RC Controller had access to the internet via my cellphone's hotspot connection to 4G LTE. I cannot see or download any firmware updates when accessing the internet over my home's WiFi connection. I did see the error code somewhere else on these boards by someone else and I didn't see a resolution in their thread either. Any other ideas?

Here in the UK, some ISPs have "Parental Controls" features that can block some sites or sub-sites, often erroneously.

Is your ISP doing any such filtering, and if so, can you disable it to try?
2022-6-26
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

TheBoy Posted at 6-26 08:33
Here in the UK, some ISPs have "Parental Controls" features that can block some sites or sub-sites, often erroneously.

Is your ISP doing any such filtering, and if so, can you disable it to try?

I'll look into the settings of my router to see if anything is being filtered or blocked that I'm not aware of. I doubt my ISP is choosing to block firmware from being downloaded from DJI while they let me access their site otherwise. Thanks for the feedback.
2022-6-26
Use props
JMCANZO
lvl.3
United States

who is your ISP?
If you know how to access your router you could try changing your DNS servers to Googles DNS severs. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 . Since it works on your hotspot it almost has to be something with your ISP.
2022-6-26
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

JMCANZO Posted at 6-26 10:04
who is your ISP?
If you know how to access your router you could try changing your DNS servers to Googles DNS severs. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 . Since it works on your hotspot it almost has to be something with your ISP.

But why would my ISP allow me to access DJI's website (forum, account page etc) but not allow me to download firmware?
2022-6-26
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

JMCANZO Posted at 6-26 10:04
who is your ISP?
If you know how to access your router you could try changing your DNS servers to Googles DNS severs. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 . Since it works on your hotspot it almost has to be something with your ISP.

My inability to download new firmware updates for my M3P and RC Controller was due to the default servers my ISP uses. I had to change my default server information in my home router to Google's public servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. This resolved my issue. Now I can download firmware updates via my home WiFi for both my M3P and RC Controller over the controller itself or DJI's Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones) app if I so choose. Thanks so much for your help JMCANZO!
2022-6-26
Use props
JMCANZO
lvl.3
United States

Your Welcome!
ISP do strange things. I have WOW! and they have always had issues with their DNS servers. Switched to googles and never an issue.

2022-6-26
Use props
TheBoy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28958264 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ALOFT Drone Posted at 6-26 10:30
But why would my ISP allow me to access DJI's website (forum, account page etc) but not allow me to download firmware?

I know that you've got a workaround, but to answer your question...

Some ISPs filter what their customers are allowed to see, either voluntarily or the option is enforced by local laws (such as the UK, but only for certain ISPs).

Obviously, each ISP can never really monitor every domain, so they buy in a feed from one of the many companies that compile and categorise every domain and sub domain.  Mistakes are quite frequent, and also there are unintended consequences...

For example, DJI's firmwares are delivered from a content delivery network with a different URL to dji.com, and this other URL could feasibly get categorised as a file sharing site, which the ISP and/or the subscriber may choose to block anything tagged as file sharing.  Which leaves the ISP's subscriber wondering why dji.com seems absolutely fine, but firmwares or other downloads seem to error for no apparent reason.
2022-6-28
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

TheBoy Posted at 6-28 04:37
I know that you've got a workaround, but to answer your question...

Some ISPs filter what their customers are allowed to see, either voluntarily or the option is enforced by local laws (such as the UK, but only for certain ISPs).

Yes, not just a work-around but the issue is fixed and it had nothing to do w/DJI or its products. It was my ISP's use of their servers. Once I changed the DSN server info to Google's public servers in my router the problem was resolved. Thanks for your feedback and knowledge about the ISP information.
2022-6-28
Use props
dwabrams
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235961 ft
United States

ALOFT Drone Posted at 6-28 08:35
Yes, not just a work-around but the issue is fixed and it had nothing to do w/DJI or its products. It was my ISP's use of their servers. Once I changed the DSN server info to Google's public servers in my router the problem was resolved. Thanks for your feedback and knowledge about the ISP information.

I second that. After struggling with this through several DJI drones, I found the suggested solution here. Updating the DNS servers did the trick. Thanks.
2022-7-1
Use props
Kes
lvl.1
United States

I had this same error code issue. After a lot of research and even a call to DJI Support (who wanted me to send it in for repair) I found a few people talking about the cell phone hotspot idea.  I then connected my desktop to the phones hotspot and used the DJI Assistant 2 program to update both the M3P and the RC.  Worked like a charm.  What I found really interesting was, before I switched to the hotspot, the RC was telling me that it's firmware was up to date.  Come to find out, it wasn't.
2022-7-21
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

What about using dji assistant 2 on your pc?

Sorry didnt see other replies
2022-7-21
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

Kes Posted at 7-21 10:52
I had this same error code issue. After a lot of research and even a call to DJI Support (who wanted me to send it in for repair) I found a few people talking about the cell phone hotspot idea.  I then connected my desktop to the phones hotspot and used the DJI Assistant 2 program to update both the M3P and the RC.  Worked like a charm.  What I found really interesting was, before I switched to the hotspot, the RC was telling me that it's firmware was up to date.  Come to find out, it wasn't.

That's odd. The issue for me was the servers my ISP uses were not allowing me to see or download any firmware updates from DJI. I had to manually go into my router's settings and change the DNS servers to local Google servers and magically I can now see if any firmware updates are needed or download them over my home's WiFi for my M3P and RC. The reason I don't do it over my iphone's hotspot connection is because that uses my phone's data plan and not my home WiFi.
2022-7-21
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

chillibadger Posted at 7-21 12:07
What about using dji assistant 2 on your pc?

Sorry didnt see other replies

I already found the problem and solution. My inability to see any new firmware updates or download them over my home's WiFi was because of the servers my ISP uses. I had to manually go into my router settings and change them to Google's public DNS servers. Once I did that I can now see if there's a firmware update and download them for my M3P and RC over my home's WiFi connection.
2022-7-21
Use props
Jarrett Huffin
New

United States

I'm having an issue when I'm in a authorization zone. Even when I'm fully connected to the internet it says it has a server issue and I can't fly my drone because of it
2022-7-26
Use props
Haz albuquerque NM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497421 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also had this issue with updating my mini 3 I used the assistant app to update the drone it is Alot quicker to use the assistant app
2022-7-27
Use props
ALOFT Drone
lvl.2
United States

Haz albuquerque NM Posted at 7-27 17:23
I also had this issue with updating my mini 3 I used the assistant app to update the drone it is Alot quicker to use the assistant app

My problem wasn't the application I was using. The problem was that my ISP servers weren't allowing me to connect to DJI's download server. Once I updated the server info in my home router to use Google public domain servers I could download the newest firmware updates...either over my RC or the DJI Assistant application.
2022-8-1
Use props
djiuser_hwIiMAyC5P7P
New

United States

ALOFT Drone Posted at 2022-8-1 09:11
My problem wasn't the application I was using. The problem was that my ISP servers weren't allowing me to connect to DJI's download server. Once I updated the server info in my home router to use Google public domain servers I could download the newest firmware updates...either over my RC or the DJI Assistant application.

I just experienced this same problem with my new Mini 3 Pro.  Thanks to this thread I resolved it by changing my Primary and Secondary DNS servers on my router to the Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as explained above.  It seems like this should be something that is called out in the DJI manuals/documentation.
2023-2-18
Use props
AJ CoRe TV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19928 ft
United States

Switching to my ATT mobile hotspot didn’t fix this issue.. by the way, I’ve never had this issue before today! All FW updates had no prob.. fly database worked fine today. But when I tried getting that new Remote & Craft update I was welcomed with this BS. I’ll try the router crap now & let you know
2023-4-2
Use props
AJ CoRe TV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19928 ft
United States

In RC Clearing cache (storage settings) & using profile section to “firmware” fixed it for me! Thx
2023-4-2
Use props
marinemavic
New
United Kingdom

AJ CoRe TV Posted at 4-2 10:05
In RC Clearing cache (storage settings) & using profile section to “firmware” fixed it for me! Thx

Hi, can you tell me where to find this please?
2023-4-7
Use props
rbray445
New
United States

djiuser_hwIiMAyC5P7P Posted at 2-18 05:17
I just experienced this same problem with my new Mini 3 Pro.  Thanks to this thread I resolved it by changing my Primary and Secondary DNS servers on my router to the Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as explained above.  It seems like this should be something that is called out in the DJI manuals/documentation.

Ive change my DNS servers to the same thing and restarted the modem and the router. checked the wifi settings on the RC Controller they match the wiffi i have at home. still getting the same error. Right after i got the drone in February 23 it updated fine with the previous dns settings now it wont update the aircraft firm ware
2023-4-7
Use props
CMP Pilot
New
Canada

I have tried all the above solutions and no luck. I have a background in IT and have tired the DNS thing different connections' etc. These don't make much sense as it did see some updated just not latest set.
It was able to download some updates after a full factory reset of the RC but then will not fully update to the lastest firmware and just keeps giving the server error.
Windows 11 computer with DJI Assistant 2 is also useless as it cannot recognize either the RC or the Mini 3 Pro.
So frustrating for what should be a essay process.
2023-4-8
Use props
rbray445
New
United States

Haz albuquerque NM Posted at 2022-7-27 17:23

How do you connect the M3P to the DJI assistant2?
2023-4-8
Use props
Haz albuquerque NM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497421 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.droneblog.com/how-to ... -mini-3-mini-3-pro/
2023-4-9
Use props
DDP
lvl.1
United States

This worked fine for me!
Thanks
2023-5-2
Use props
DDP
lvl.1
United States

Worked for me too.
Thanks!
2023-5-2
Use props
fans386bfcae
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286250 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I solved it by putting google DNS in my vodafone router instead of secure DNS
2023-5-2
Use props
jackman777
lvl.1

United States

had the same issue, and the solution for me was as simple as logging out/in on RC. Though it appeared to be logged in apparently there was something wrong. Once I logged out and then back in I was able to check for firmware update.
2023-5-5
Use props
jclarkw
lvl.3
United States

Exact same problem here trying to update firmware on the original controller of my Mavic Air 2 (RC231). (For whatever reason I had no problem updating the aircraft itself!)  I just stumbled on this thread and have tried all three suggestions above with no success.  My fundamental problem is that my cell phone has no signal here at my house, nor anywhere nearby, so I really need my Wi-Fi to do the job.  To me as official support has been no help so far.  Still hoping... -- jclarkw
2023-8-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules